Status: Considering its demise...

Zap!

Professor Xavier, I assume?

Turns out there were 18 flights of stairs. We were all panting hard at the end of the climb. I swear the building looked a lot shorter outside. West must have added more. I sent hate thoughts up to him. When we reached the roof I stomped over to the target and tapped her back. Once the city went away I smacked Vi upside her head.
"What'd you do that for?!" she howled and clutched her head.
"For scaring me halfto death!"
"Ok, kids, enough for today. Cassandra, please come up here when you're done changing." West told us through the earpiece.
We all left the room and I jurried through changing clothes and left the high ponytail. I finished changing before Vi and Regan. I walked out of the room and went to the silver metal door. The lock was still in place, but before i could knock, the lock and door clicked open. I walked up the short flight of stairs and where it ended there were screens with every view of the testing room and a ton of buttons and switches. West sat in a swivel chair in front of all the monitors next to a bald man in a silver wheel chair with X's on the wheels. I could only see his back as he was facing West and not me. West smiled when he saw me.
"Hello, Cassandra."
"Hello." I folded my hands behind my back as West stood and the man in the chair moved the electric joystick thing to turn the chair to face me. He had kind blue eyes and strong features. I liked him instantly.
"Cassandra, this is Professor Charles Xavier." West said/
"Hello, sir." I smiled a little at him.
"Hello, Cassandra."
"You were the voice in my head during practice." I gasped.
Both men smiled and West walked out.
"Cassandra, I have seen powers similar to yours before, but I sense much potential power in your mind."
I frowned, "So what does that mean?"
"It means that you have more powers. I am still uncertain towards what they are. Would you follow me, please?"
The stairs turned into a low ramp and he rolled the chair down it. I held the door open for him and followed him through the hallways. The kids walking through the halls bowed their heads and smiled when they saw Professor Xavier. I walked next to him and we went through a rich wood door into the gardens. I closed the door and followed him into the rose-garden maze. Almost as soon as I stepped into the maze I clutched my head and fell to my knees groaning. I was vaguely aware of the professor hurrying over to me and placing his hand on my head. I knew where every flower in the garden and how they would be able to grow.
"Take control, Cassandra." The professor said as he removed his hand from my head.
I shakily got to my feet and squared my shoulders. I welcomed the pressure of the plants, growing accustomed to the plants feelings. It seemed like the plants sensed my pain, and leafy vines and roots reached out and caressed my skin. I breathed the flowers sent in and smiled, liking the fact that I was in complete awareness of my surroundings.
"It seems that we shall have to get you some seeds."
I laughed along with the professor.
Turns out I had completely missed Language class after my talk with the professor and was already late for math class. I hurried to Mr. Mark's room. I walked over to his desk. Antony and Luke were grinning at me from their seats.
"Mr. Mark?"
"Yes?" He said, looking over thick glasses at me.
"I'm Cassandra Crane. I'm so sorry I'm late but I was talking with-"
"Just find a seat. Excuses don't change anything."
"Yes, sir."
Blushing furiously, I sat next to Luke and started to work on the assignment on the board.
Luke was in my next class, too. Chemical Sciences. Mrs. Stockholm was really intimidating but class wentsmoothly after it was decided that I'd work with Patrick as my lab partner. We managed to only blow up one of our four beakers. Luke and Faith just laughed along with us while Mrs. Stockholm looked like her head was about to explode. But the bell rang just after we got everything cleaned up. We ran out of there fast. I was still laughing with Patrick about it as we rounded a corner and I walked straight into Jack.
"Oh, I'm sorry," I said. Jack bent down and picked up the schedule I dropped.
"You've got art next? I'll show you where the class is."
He took my arm and we walked down the hallway, leaving Patrick staring at our backs.
We walked into a classroom with all the windows open, paints of all colors splattered on the floor, and that wonderful smell associated with art rooms. Jack walked over to a canvas facing the room in the back corner and I walked to one next to a window. I sat on the high chair in front of the canvas and waited for Mr. Logan to show up. I pulled one of the seeds Professor Xavier had given me and placed it on my palm. The seed sort of woke up, and then little green roots broke out of it. They climbed through the window and clung to the brick wall outside I smiled as beautiful purple flowers began opening along the stems. I looked up and saw Vi in front of me.
"Nice," she grinned. "So when did this come about?"
"Fifth hour. Professor Xavier's here and he taught me."
"Oh, so that's why you were missing for language.
I set the seed on the windowsill as I watched Tyler and Faith walk in. The bell chimed and the flowers swayed in the breeze. Vi hung a bag of paints from the ceiling and floated on her back to paint on a canvas on the ceiling. Well, it looked like everyone was here except the teacher.
I wonder what Mr. Logan would be like.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!