Status: Considering its demise...

Zap!

Welcome

When I woke up, I was in a white bedroom on a white wooden bed. I sat up and rubbed my head. Something on my wrist hit me. I looked down. A thin chain was looped around my wrist. On the chain was a metal strip with blue lights that flashed back and forth. The bracelet was attatched to a large circle of thick chain which was attatched to one of the high corner posts on the bed. Even when I stood on my toes on the bed and tried to throw the chain over the post and the large sphere on top of it, I was still trapped. But now my right arm was suspended over my head. The chain had lodged itself between the post and the sphere. Great. At least whoever took me left me with all my clothes. A strong knock sounded on the door. Without waiting for a response it creaked open. The man who stepped through had curly blonde hair and an intense gaze. The black suit with black shirt and black tie didn't help soften his appearence. He hadn't even said a word to ma and I was already intimidated by him. And, oh, yeah, these people KIDNAPPED ME!
"Miss Crane?" His voice was surprisingly warm, welcoming. I made no response other than to narrow my eyes.
"Hello?" he asked, apparently thinking I hadn't heard him.
I snapped, "Yeah, hi. You know, I don't really want to talk to you, because I'm assuming you had something to do with me being chained to this bed. I'd rather talk to the three guys from before. Actually, no, I don't. They were the ones who brought me here, right?"
He seemed to be holding back a smile.
"Yes, they brought you here because they were concerned about you and they knew I could give you the best care."
"Yeah, chaining me to a bed really shows expertise in the medical world. Didn't you think to send me to my parents?" I pulled at the chain, irritated that I couldn't fold my arms at him angrily.
"My name is Alexander West. I protect those who protect the world from beings like themselves."
"So you mean, like, aliens?"
He looked amused.
"Nothing as simple as that. I work with mutants, Miss Crane, and that is why you are here.