Status: Considering its demise...

Zap!

Meet the family

He led me to a gleaming kitchen. Eight people were cooking, eating, laughing. They seemed to be at ease and happy. My heart studdered. There was Blondie, the fast dude, and violet eyes. Around them stood/sat a boy who occasionally changed his features, irritating the people around him because he changed to look like them, a guy wearing all black in a corner with black clouds swarming in the air around him, and a boy with flame red hair sat on the counter, swinging his legs back and forth. A girl with waist length hair was giggling and pressing up against blondie, and a girl who looked like an African goddess was being hugged from behind by the fast guy. But the girl who stood out the most was levitating over everyone else. She laughed as she chased Violet-eyes around the kitchen and threw cans at his head. West cleared his throat.
"Attention, everyone, we have someone new among us. Please help her and make her feel welcome."
The levitating girl landed near me and grinned as West turned and made his exit.
"Hey, I'm Viviane. What's your name?"
"I'm Cassandra."
She grinned even wider and grabbed my hand, pulling me closer. Viviane pointed at the guy surrounded in black.
"That's Isaiah." She pointed at the boy who changed faces then the boy with red hair.
"Patrick and Tyler."
She pointed at Blondie then the super-speed dude.
"Luke and Antony."
Blonde girl and Goddess.
"Faith and Regan."
Then she finally pointed at Violet-eyes.
"And that's Jack."
Everyone except Regan smiled and waved. Regan sort of looked me over before tossing her long black hair over her shoulder and walking out. I pondered this for a second before I turned to Viviane and asked, "So, Vi, whatcha got to eat around here?"