Status: Considering its demise...

Zap!

Day of boredom

I didn't get much sleep that first night and when I woke up the next morning, I dressed in sweats and a tank, knowing that I wouldn't have to go to school that day. West had told me that I would have a week to get comfortable and set up my room. I would need to get paint for that. But first, the most important meal of the day. It was about 6:45 when I woke up, and I could just barely hear signs of life in the other rooms. I pulled my hair back with a scrunchy and set to work on making chocolate chip pancakes. At about seven, Patrick walked in sporting a major case of bedhead, jeans, and a black shirt that read "boy named sue". His mouth dropped when he saw what I was doing.
"I. Freakin. LOVE YOU!" he shouted and enveloped me in a huge hug. I laughed, piled a plate with pancakes and scribbled some chocolate syrup over them. The plate was out of my hand in about a second. The next one in was Isaiah, whose only response was to blink and eat. When Faith came in and recieved her plate, her eyes widened and she said, "You are just so nice!"
When Tyler came in he yawned like a cat and took the plate without a word. Then Luke and Antony came in. They just grinned and wolfed down their pancakes. When Vi zoomed in I held the plate over my head and she grabbed it as she rocketed past. I had time before Regan and Jack came in so I started to eat my own food as I kept the other pancakes from burning.
"Oh, Cass! Here's your schedule, I almost forgot! WE have four classes together." Vi said as she ran over to me. I looked over the paper she handed to me.
1- Prep hour- X
2- Psycology - Rains
3- History- Jackson
4- Testing- West
5- Language- Glace
6- Math- Marks
7- Chemical Sciences- Stockholm
8- Art- Logan
She'd underlined the classes we had together.
"Ew." I said, wrinkling my nose and holding up pancakes to Jack as he walked by.
"What?" Vi asked.
"We still have math?"
She laughed and went to sit with Isaiah. At 7:40 they all cleared out and Regan breezed through the kitchen past everyone. Ok, so I had over eight hours to do absolutely nothing.
I found rubber bands. Rubber bands are extremely entertaining if there is another person to snap them with.But I was alone, so I watched TV and made a rubber band ball. By the time everyone else started to file in I had made a multi-colored ball the size of my fist and had a few red and white marks on my hands where thin rubber bands had snapped. Viviane walked in, sat on the couch next to me, and sighed.
"What's wrong?" I asked, snapping on another band.
"Huge history report. You are so lucky you won't have to do it.
Isaiah brushed by.
"Yeah, right, Viviane, you're gonna be done in like two seconds, you speed demon."
"You're probably right." Vi grinned.
Then Jack walked past and he sort of smiled at me when he did. I felt a hot blush spreading across my face. He kept walking, not noticing. I turned to Vi, who also didn't notice my blush because she was finishing her history report.
"Uh, Vi? Where's the paint?"
"For what?"
"Painting my room?"
"Oh, right!" She snapped her notebook shut and grabbed my hand, pulling me to a supply closet.