Status: Considering its demise...

Zap!

Avenging Bones

West must have bought a paint company. The closet was a walk in with the paint neatly stacked on metal shelves. A computer hummed on a desk nearby. Vi danced over to it and flipped the screen on. The background looked like a hundred paint chips.
"Ok, so these are the colors we have right now. You could order wallpaper, too. Tyler's pretty good at putting it up."
I stared at the colors on the screen, trying to find the color that I would have to look at for at least four years, because West had said that he could help me through college if I stayed on. At first I looked towards the normal colors, colors I would have picked with my parents. But then I stopped. Why be normal? I was a mutant, right? Why not stand out from the crowd? I looked towards the brighter, wilder side of the screen. When looking at them I tried to imagine how they would look in my room.
"I'm gonna sleep on it." I said to Vi. I looked at my watch and dashed out of the room, pouncing on the TV remote before Luke got to it. I switched on Fox, where Bones was playing.
"Hey! There's a hockey game on!" Luke whined.
"Snooze you loose."
He jumped on the couch and started to fight me for the remote. Luke grabbed my wrists and I pushed him off with my knee. Suddenly, motion on the screen made me stop fighting. I gasped and ran to the screen, hugging it.
"No, Seeley! Why'd you go and get shot?! This ruins everything!"
The TV clicked.
"And now the score is 20 to 11 with the Blue Hawks in the lead!" The hockey announcer screamed into my ear. I whirled and saw Luke smugly sitting on the remote. I ran to him and started punching everywhere I could get to.
"You insensitive, stupid man! How could you? My heart is breaking! Can't you see that I am having a crisis here!?"
Viwalked past and slapped him upside the head, giggling like mad. I finally huffed and walked away, but I made him miss the 'most spectacular goal in all of history'. I stomped into the kitchen and stuffed a bag of popcorn into the microwave and popped the top on an amazing old-fashioned orange soda. I paced the kitchen. How could Fox do this to me?! Booth died! What's Brennan gonna do? Ugh, if they brought "Agent Sully" back I was gonna stop watching Bones! Wind started to pick my hair off my shoulders and flutter the papers taped to the fridge. A cloud started to form overhead and grumble with anger. Suddenly Jack was in front of me, grabbing my shoulders.
"Cassandra, snap out of it!"
I was so shocked the cloud went away instantly.
"What happened?" I asked.
"You were using your powers."
"Really?"
"Yeah. West'll help you with that next week."
He seemed to notice that his hands were still on my shoulders and he dropped them akwardly to his sides.
"Oh." I stepped around him and pulled the slightly burned popcorn from the microwave.
"That's it? 'Oh?'"
"Well, what do you want me to do? Scream and rip my hair out?"
"If it helps."
"It wouldn't. I happen to like my hair, thank you." I pulled open the popcorn and ate one of the kernels. Then I pulled out a large green plastic bowl and dumped the popcorn into it.
"C'mon." I grinned. Jack followed me without question as I walked back into the lounge.
"Hey, Luke, you want some popcorn?"
Not being able to bear pulling his eyes away from the screen, he simply nodded. I dumped the bowl on his head. Jack blinked and then he started to laugh uproariously. Luke, surprisingly, started to laugh as well.
"Did you even see that coming, man?" Jack asked Luke, who shook his head.
I grinned and sashayed out of the room.