That's the Way Things Are

12

"John can you get me some cheetos please?" I asked as we both sat on the couch watching TV.
"Addison, you hate cheetos" he said looking over at me.

"I want cheetos" I said whining

"We don't have any cheetos because we don't get them because you don't like them" he said looking at me weirdly.

"But I want cheetos" I started to sob

"Woah woah woah, how about I go to the store and get you some?" he asked as he started to get off the couch

"Thanks honey, hurry!" I said as I smiled at him and then turned my attention back to the TV

"Addison, are you sure every things okay? I mean you have been a little off lately, I go on tour in a week now, and I don't know if I should leave you..."

"Nonsense, oh and while your at the store, get me some sour creme and brownies. Doesn't that sound yummy? Mmmm"

"Brownies and sour creme? Like together?" he asked looking at me like I was crazy

"Yes, like get the brownies that are already made so I can dip them in the sour creme"

"Addison are you o-"

"If you don't want to go to the store for me then ill go myself" I sobbed again as I got up off the couch.

"No, sit" he said pointing at the couch."ill go"

"Thanks John" I said with a smile.

"Ill be back in ten minutes, I promise" he said with a confused expression on his face as he looked at me.

"See you then"

"Yea" he said as he looked at me one last time and then walked to the door.

I found out I was pregnant a week ago. I hadn't told John, and I wasn't planning on it. I mean I didn't want him to stay home from the tour because he had a pregnant wife. I didn't want him to give up the thing that makes him happy to look after me.

Besides, I had it all planned out, I wasn't going to to tell my parents obviously, they would just tell Johns parents and then it would get back to John. I had talked to Josh and told him everything. He said he would come over and take care of me and get me what I needed for the two months John was gone.

There was absolutely nothing between me and Josh, he was just a good friend. Besides he had a girlfriend. And I was no way in hell even thinking about cheating on John with his baby inside me. I mean come on, that would just be stupid.

The only reason I was keeping the baby was because I didn't believe in abortion.

Josh was the only person who knew I was pregnant and I was planning on keeping it that way until Johns tour was over.

Some may say I was being mean and bitchy for not telling John, but really I was looking out for his best interest. He was a young musician. I mean he was already married, and then a child? His life would be over at age 20. I mean not that I'm against having children, its just, I didn't want to get pregnant now, I wanted to plan my child, not have it be a mistake.

"Okay! I'm back with your food" John said coming to the couch holding the bag in the air, out of breath.

"Why are you out of breath?" I asked as I giggled and took the bag from his hands.

"I basically ran" he said plopping down on the couch. I scooted closer to him and leaned on him "Your to nice to me sometimes you know that?"

"Well I want to keep you happy" he said simply as he put his arm around my shoulder "I need you to come on this tour" he said shifting a bit so he was facing me better.

"John I can't, I won't" I said as I opened the bag and took out the bag of cheetos.

"Why can't you? Just tell me"

"Look, tours fun and all, but I love being here, not being in a different town everyday, I mean for you its different, you get to play your music. Your not just the tag along" I said completely pulling that put of my ass

"Addison, I don't feel great leaving you here alone"

"John, I'm going to be fine" I said popping a Cheeto in my mouth.

"Alright" he said with a sigh

"Ew, why are you letting me eat these. I told you I hated these"I said staring at the bag of cheetos in disgust.

"Addison, you just made me run to the store to get those" John said to me calmly.

"Oh right, thanks babe" I said and leaned up and kissed his cheek.

"No problem I guess" he said confused.

"Hold these" I said and put my cheetos in his lap. I took my sour creme and brownies out of the bag and tossed the bag to the other side of the couch

"Addison, your not really going to eat those together right?" he asked as he stared at me opening the sour creme.

"Yummy" I said as I got the top off the sour creme"Here hold this for me" I said placing the sour creme in his hand.

I opened a brownie and then dipped it in the sour creme

"Addison, please don't eat that" John said as he looked at the brownie with sour creme in disgust.

I took a bite. "Oh my god, this is like heaven, John you need to try it" I said as I dipped my brownie in the sour creme again

"Ive learned that its better not to ask if you are okay, so you know ill just pass"

"Your missing out" I said as I dipped my brownie again

"I bet" he said amazed.

~~~

"Have fun John" I said as I gave him a warm hug as he was about to leave the house to meet the guys to start their tour.

"I promise to call you everyday"he said as we pulled away

"That's not necessary" I said with a laugh

"I believe it is, and you Better answer"

"fine" I said rolling my eyes jokingly

"Ill miss you" he said pulling me in a hug again

"Ill miss you too" I said sincerely and really meant it actually. For the past couple weeks, me and John had gotten along soooo good. The only time we fought was when I had a random mood swing, and even then John was calm and tried to do whatever to end it.

He was really worried about me. He didn't even know I was pregnant, but still did everything I asked, like running to the store to get my food that I randomly craved.

He really was trying. It made him seem 100 times more attractive.

He kissed my forhead and let his lips linger there for a few seconds

"Bye darling" he said with a smile

"Have fun!"

And just like that, John was gone, I was about a month and a couple weeks pregnant already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for everyone that comments=]]]]
hahah but im not really getting a lot,
so comment and tell me what you
really think of this story. like, hate, aything.
I think its pointless to update this story everyday if i dont
get feedback. Comments are encouraging.
sooo......Comment and then ill update:D
hehe no comments, no update.