That's the Way Things Are

16

"Wow Addy, I never thought I'd see you this big" Pat said as he and the rest of the guys walked through the front door.

I started to sob"Am I really that fat?"

"Way to go Pat" John said as he hugged me and told me I looked perfectly fine.

"I'm sorry Addy, I forgot you get emotional really fast when your pregnant"Pat said as John let go of me and wiped the stray tear.

"Its okay Pat" I said cheery.

"Wow your emotions do change fast, that's awesome" Kennedy said with a laugh.

"Awe I missed you Addy" Garrette said giving me a gentle hug.

"Yea, thanks for visiting me guys" I said sarcastically

"Hey, John told us to give you space because we could end up driving you crazy or making you cry like Pat here did" Jared said smacking Pat on the back of the head.

"I'm fine,I'm just pregnant" I said with a shrug.

"A little John, that's going to be awesome!" Pat said laughing. I couldn't help but laugh either.

"Oh and thanks you guys, for helping with the nursery"

"No problem" Kennedy said with a smile. Hmmm and what do I do? I smile back. I still love his smiles.

"Are you going to have a baby shower?" Garrette asked as we all sat on the couch. I leaned on Kennedy as Jared sat next to me. Kennedy put his arm around my shoulder to make me more comfy. I just smiled up at him.
"No, I don't want one, but my mom wants to throw one, arnt baby showers basically for so you get clothes and everything for your baby? Well I don't think I need one, I mean we have everything" I said looking over at John who was sitting next to Pat on the smaller couch. Let's just say he didn't look to happy. What's his problem?

"So how much more months until you have the baby?" Kennedy asked looking down at me. I looked up at him and answered "Around 3 months"

"Wow, that's great"

"It is, but I'm scared" I said quietly.

"Your scared? You never told me that" John said leaning forward on the couch he was sitting on.

"The thought of a baby coming out of me, and the pain I know is going to be unbearable, it makes me scared" I said quietly looking down

"Look Addy, you'll get through this just fine, it may hurt when your delivering, but think of the reward after wards, think about your baby boy in your arms after carrying it for nine months, the pain will be worth it, I promise." Kennedy said soothingly

"Thanks so much Kenny" I said as I hugged him." I never thought about that" I said as I let go. He just smiled at me warmly.

"I need you around more often" I said with a little laugh.

"Hey what about me?"Pat whined

"You called me fat" I said jokingly.

"I'm sorry"he said with a little pout.

"You really are like my little brother, I love you Pat" I said with a smile as I leaned my head on Kennedy's shoulder.
"As I love you" he said smiling" I am older though, so I should be more like your big brother."

"No little brother" I said jokingly. And Pat just shook his head playfully.

I soon realized John was quiet, he didn't say one word, he just sat there. Well I can just guess that this wasn't good.

~~

Once the guys left, I was tired. It was pretty late.

"John, I'm tired, let's go to bed" I said with a yawn as I leaned against the staircase.

"Um I'm going to sleep down here on the couch." he said and I couldn't tell by the tone of his voice if he was irritated or mad. Either way it wasn't good.

"Why? I don't want to sleep alone" ever since John and I have been sleeping in the same room together, I was more comfy and to used to him sleeping next to me.

"Why don't you call Kennedy, he can't be to far from the house yet, I'm sure he would love to sleep with you" oh he was definitely mad.

"John, please stop, don't start this again"

"Start what again? I have no idea what you are talking about" he said as he walked to where I was standing.

"Please stop" I whined " Tell me why your mad"

"You and Kennedy, it just pisses me off to no end. When you two are together its like your in your own little world." he said extremely aggravated.

"He's a great guy! He's nice to me!"

"I just hate how my wife, who is pregnant with my child, is in love with my friend!"

"Stop yelling at me! And I am not in love with Kennedy! I love him like I love Pat! Like a brother! Nothing more, I swear, he just always says the right things to calm me down and I love that, you have nothing to be jealous about! And you shouldn't even be jealous! You act to much like my husband!"

"Well let's see, I am your husband! And I have every right to be jealous! My wife gets along with my friend better then she does me, she tells him stuff she doesn't tell me, and it seems like she trusts him more" John said his voice getting really quite.

"John" I said sadly. I just felt bad"I'm sorry, but you have nothing to worry about, Kennedy is just a friend, nothing more, and I trust you, your the sweetest guy I have ever met, and I don't even deserve you" I said looking down.

"Addison, don't say that, I guess I'm just protective and I'm sorry. I promise I will never get mad or angry or anything over you and Kennedy, I trust you" he said sincerely.

"Thanks John" I said as I smiled lightly.

He gave me a gentle hug. We just stood there hugging each other.
"Oh my god, what was that?" John asked as he pulled away from me. I just giggled.
"He kicked"

Johns face lit up as he put his hand to my stomach.

"He did it again" he said excitedly.

I just smiled"John I'm tired" I said yawning again.

"Let's get to bed" he said as he took my hand and led me up the stairs.

~~~

"What are you doing?" John asked as he stood in the doorway that connects the kitchen and the living room

"Someones at the door" I said simply as I made my way to the door

"Yes, and you shouldn't be up, let me get it" John said as he started walking

"You, stop" I said holding up my hand at him indicating he stop walking. He did " I want to get it" I said simply.

He just shook his head smiling.

I went to the door and swung it open.

My eyes went up in shock as I saw who it was. I remembered her from that night in the hotel

"Hello, you must be Addison" she said with a smile

"Hey" I said a little confused. Why was she here?"John" I called over my shoulder and he appeared a few seconds later

"Daisy?" he asked surprised

"Hey John" she said as she swung her arms around him and gave him a hug. I just sighed and started to walked away.

"Addison, where are you going" John asked stopping me

"I'm hungry" I said simply ignoring the fact the love of his life was standing right there, and it killed me because she was mega gorgeous too.

"Let me make you something"

"I'm fine, I can do it, you guys and catch up or whatever" I said with a shrug.

"No, I wanted to meet you, I didn't exactly come here to see John" Daisy said with a giggle.

"Oh okay?" I said a little confused. This was such a awkward situation.

"I knew you were pregnant, John had told me, but I didn't know you were this big! How far along are you?" she asked excited. This was soooo weird. If the guy I loved for three years was having a baby with another girl, I wouldn't ask how far along she is, I would want to murder her, but not hurt the baby of course.

"Ummm six months, almost seven"

"Oh wow that's great!"

"Yea" I said with a fake smile towards her. I mean she seemed nice but I still didn't like her.

"Daisy, what are you really doing here?" John asked softly

"I wanted to meet Addison" she answered simply

"No really" John said calmly

"Okay look, John I miss you, a lot, I can't survive without you"

"ill leave you two alone" I said as I started to walk away again, this was way past awkward.

"No stay" John said as he still held my hand.

"John" Daisy said softly" I know your married and are having a baby, but I still love you, I can't stop loving you"

"John let me go" I said not wanting to hear this.

"Daisy, I'm sorry, I can't hurt her, I will always love you no matter what though, but I'm starting a family, its time for both of us to move on" John said softly.

"This was a mistake, I shouldn't have came" Daisy said sadly. And I felt bad. Would you look at that. She wanted to steal my husband and I felt bad.

"Yes, you shouldn't have" John said softly.

"Bye John, it was nice to meet you Addison, I'm sorry" Daisy said and just left. She ran to her car that was parked in front of our house

"John go after her" I said as I watched her get in the car

"No"John said simply

"I feel bad, and this is mean"

"Addison, its just going to be me and you, no one is going to come in between us, not Daisy, not Kennedy, not anyone"

"Promise me you'll call her and stay friends with her" I asked as John closed our front door.

"What do you want to eat?" he asked as he put his arm around my shoulder and led me into the kitchen, completely ignoring my request.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment..............Subscribe..............Rate