That's the Way Things Are

02

I woke up to the hotel phone ringing. I answered it tiredly to hear a over excited hotel employee telling me it was my wakeup call. I mumbled a thank you and hung up.

I crawled out of the huge comfty hotel bed and looked at John who was sleeping on the floor in front of the bed. He seemed sound asleep.

I decided not to wake him just yet and gathered my clothing and makeup that my parents so generously dropped off a few days in advance.

~~

After I finished my shower and got ready for the joyous day ahead of me, I left the bathroom and entered the room to see John hugging his pillow still sleeping.

God this boy can sleep

I walked over to the side table and turned on the little lamp. I then walked over to John and litely kicked him in his side. Nothing.

"John, wake up"I said kicking him again. All he did was mumble some random words so I kicked him harder and yelled "Get your fucking ass up!" he instantly shot up looking alarmed.

"Morning" I mumbled to him and he relaxed.

"Hey Addison" he said rubbing his eyes awake.

I looked down at him and realised he was only wearing boxers.

"Addison?" he caught me looking at him, can you say awkward?

"sorry"I said softly. Can you say embarrassing?

He chuckled"its fine"

"So ugh, yea get dressed so we can leave" I said turning around and heading in the direction of the closet to get my
Wedding dress. Hmmm maybe I can just forget about it and leave it here.... I thought stoping dead in my tracks just thinking in front of the closet door.

"Take it" I heard John say.

"What?" I asked turning around to face him seeing he already had a shirt on and was just buckling the belt on his pants.

"Don't leave the dress here"he said simply. That's scary its like he was reading my mind.

I just sighed and opened the closet and took my dress.

~~~~

Me and John were on our way sitting in a cab to his house. Well technically our house. He's lived on his own since he was 18 and it was decided I move in with him.

I begged my parents to let me still live at home, but they were all you can't be married and live at home and what not.

So here I was on my way to Johns house. The thought of having to live with him forever in his house, that was probably messy as fuck,made me be on the verge of tears.

The ride there was quiet, me and John sitting as far away from eachother as possible.

"where here" he said just as the cab came to a stop.

I stepped out of the cab letting John pay, and closed the cab door and looked around. The neighborhood was cute, quiet. It seemed decent. I then looked at the house infront of me.

Not what I expected. I loved it
. It was a cute light blue two story house.

John grabbed our stuff and led me to the front door as the cab sped off.

"Home sweet home" he said as he opened the door and let me in first.

Yes, I was shocked. It was clean, and decorated perfectly. His mom must have done it for him.

"like it?" he asked as he closed the door

"its so clean" was all I could get out being in my shocked state.

He chuckled"Yea, we have a maid, so don't worry you don't have to clean or anything"

"Yay" I said jokingly rolling my eyes.

"So um I'm pretty sure you don't want to sleep in the same room as me, so ill take the guest room and you can take what was supposed to be our room. My mom decorated it"

"oh I'm okay" I said as John gave me a light smile and started walking in the direction of the kitchen.

"Hey John?"

"Yea?" he asked turning around to face me.

"Thanks"

"No problem"

~~~~

I was laying on the living room couch flipping through the channels. John was, I don't even know where he was, frankly I didn't care. We were husband and wife but acted more like roomates.

There was a knock on the door, followed by the doorbell repeatedly.
"John! Door!" I shouted flipping the channel yet again.

"Oh no problem, ill get it" he said annoyed.

"Fuck you" I said not even taking my eyes off the TV.

"Oh would you?"he shot back.

"Go die"

"Just shut your fucking mouth like you have been doing for the past few hours"

Before I could respond he swung the door open.

I sat up and looked over the couch to see his friends/band standing there going 'yo man, what's up?'

I just went back to watching the TV.

"Hey Addy" Kennedy said sitting down next to me. And what do you know? I smiled

"Hey Kenny"

"Dude you better watch it, Kennedys gonna steal your wife" Pat said jokingly sitting next to Kennedy.

"He can have her"was his simple replie.

All the guys went "ohhhhh" and I chucked the remote at John.

"Hey what was that for?" he asked rubbing his arm where the remote hit him.

"Stop being such an asshole, and you know what's sad? I do like Kennedy more then my own husband"

All the guys went "ohhhhh" again.

"I was kidding"
John said glared at me and then looked at Kennedy who now had his arm around my shoulders. Hahahah John actually looked mad about it. Would ya look at that? My husbands such a fag. Hehe

~~
We all ended up in the living room watching random shows, me Kennedy, Pat, and Garrette squished on one couch while John and Jared sat on the other.

Truth be told I loved them all, they were hilarious.
~~
It was getting late and the guys had to go so I said goodbye to them all promising to hear them all play at one point.

I gave Kennedy a hug before they all exited out through the front door

"Night Addy" he said as we let go.

"Night" I said back with a small genuine smile.

I closed the door behind him and turned to walk up the stairs, but instead coming face to face with John.

"Do you realy like Kennedy?" he asked out of no where.

"What? Are you really asking me that?Do you realy care?"

"yes I am really asking you that, and yes I do care, just because they know we have no romantic connection and were forced to be married doesn't mean you could fall for my friend"

"Are you fucking serious?" I asked with a laugh.

"Yes I am" he said and I could tell he was completely serious.

"John, your fucking rediculis, like you said, we have no romantic connection, then I can like who I want to like"

"your right, we have no romantic connection, but as long as your married to me my only rule to you is I'm the only guy in your life"

"isn't that a little cruel? I mean I don't care if you make out with some other chick"

"Yea well I'm not you now am I? My wife will not cheat on me"

"I hate you" I said as I shoved past him and ran up the stairs as John yelled after me "love you too sweetheart!"
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm .....comment? subscribe?rate?