That's the Way Things Are

28

"Soooo how do you think we did?"Kyle asked coming over to me with a cheesy smile.

"I think your one of my new favorite bands. And the way you play those drums. Damn"I said jokingly

Kyle just laughed and shook his head. "Come on, you need to meet the guys" he said taking my hand and leading me to his band

"You guys, this is Addy, Johns wife"

"You cant seriously be married. I though Kyle was kidding about that when he told us, I'm Jonathan by the way"

"Hey, and um no he wasn't, we've been married for a year and a few months now"

"Wow thats amazing.I'm Caleb"

"I'm Marc"

"I'm Austin"

"I'm Kent"

They all said introducing themselves.

"Hey"I said with a smile. They seemed like nice guys.

"Damn Kyle, do you always have to go for the taken ones?"Jonathan said jokingly

"Dude,no, shut up, we're only friends" Kyle responded.

"But I thought you said you-"

"Shut up, no I didn't" Kyle said cutting him off.

"Okay...."I said rocking back and forth on the balls of my feet.

~

After just hanging out with the sickest kids for roughly around an hour, Kyle walked me back to our van so we could get on the road yet again.

"Bye Kyle"I said turning to face him

"See ya tomorrow Adds"He said as he gave me a hug.

We just stood there hugging for a while. The weird thing was I didn't want to let go.

After about 5 minutes I pulled away "I should go before John starts to worry"

"Um yea, Ill see ya"

"Yup, night"

"Night"

Kyle walked the opposite direction and I just looked after him. He really was a great guy.

~~~~

I was sitting in the back leaned against John. He was sleeping and breathing softly. I looked up at him and just stared at his face. He was so calm and peaceful when he slept.

From the day we got married, never in a million years would I have guessed I would feel the way I feel about John now.

He was my world.

Feeling this way was so new to me. Never had I ever been in love. I wanted him to be mine forever. He was silly to even be jealous of Kyle.

Kyle was awesome but he had nothing on John. Me and John had been through to much together.

I mean I've been pregnant with his child, then lost it....

I really just wanted to hold my baby.

Maybe John was right. Maybe we could have another baby.

This time I would have no problem with being pregnant considering I actually like him.

I was glad John didn't get rid of our baby nursery back home. Its like he knew it all along that I would eventually come around to having another baby.

~~~

"Addison, we're here"John whispered in my ear and then lightly kissed my cheek. I loved it when he woke me up like that.

I opened my eyes as a smile formed on my face"Morning" I said and kissed his cheek.

"You seem cheery this morning" he observed.

"I've been thinking about something that I want to talk to you about"

"Alright" he said with a smile.

We all got out of the van and headed inside.

"Do you want to talk now?" John asked as he took my hand in his.

"Sure"

He led me into a little lounge room "So what do you want to talk about"

"How do I say this? Um John, I've been thinking that maybe we should have a baby." I said quietly as I looked at the floor.

"Really?" John asked excitedly as he wrapped me in a hug.

I just giggled"Yea I mean I want a baby"

"This just made my day" he said as he pulled away slightly so he could see my face and then pecked my lips

I smiled"The day has just begun though"

"But nothing is going to top this" he said as he kissed my forhead and then hugged me tightly again

"I love you" he whispered in my ear

"I love you too" I said with no hesitation.

~~~

"Hey merch girl, slow day isn't it"

"Yes" I said with a sigh.

He just laughed"Sucks"

"Your really starting to annoy me Burns" I said as I flipped a page in the magazine I was reading.

"Awe don't say that" he said with a laugh.

I just sighed and tossed the magazine to the side and got up.

"I'm bored out of my mind" I whined as I ran into Kyle and hid my face in his chest.

"There there" he said laughing as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I can so fall asleep right now" I mumbled in chest.

"You do that Addy" he said with a laugh.

I pulled away so I could look up at his face. He looked down at me and I asked"Whens your set today?"

"We go last"

"Oh, that sucks, I hate when The Maine goes last because then I have to wait forever"

"I don't mind so much. The crowd is usually more pumped towards the end"

"That is true"

"When does your replacement come?"

"20Minutes maybe"

"Alright, how about I wait with you, and then we go and check out the other bands playing? Just hang out?"

"Sounds fun" I said completely pulling away from Kyle and going back into my merch booth.

~
"I hate most of the girls that come to these shows. They all just want to bed a rock star" I said as me and Kyle stood in the way back as The Academy played.

"You might hate them, but all the rock stars love them" Kyle said jokingly.

"You better be kidding" I said giving him the look.

"Of course I am." he said with a laugh. "But its always fun to hear girls screaming 'your sooo hot' and 'I love yous' I get them a lot. It never gets old. I guess I just rock at the drums. But I would never sleep with those girls, there usually like 16 yearolds"

I didn't say anything. For some reason that made me mad. Jealous maybe? I'm just the type if girl that hates it when guys talk about other girls.

***************John's POV***************

"Where's Addy?"Kennedy asked as we walked up to our merch tent to see her replacement

"Well she got off like a half hour ago, so my best bet is that shes with Burns" I said a little mad I guess.

"Your not to happy about that"Garrett said observing my face.

"Of course I'm fucking not"I said as I walked away from them.

"They're only friends"Pat said catching up to me

"Yeah I know" I said as I stopped walking as the rest of the guys caught up.

"Then why are you so mad?"Jared asked confused

"Because, I would rather have her always being with Kennedy, that way I know nothing would happen, but with Kyle, he hit on her the first time he met her"I said through my teeth

"But Addy loves you"Kennedy said simply.

"Yeah I guess, but as soon as she slips,its over"

"What?"Pat asked confused like he usually always is.

"As soon as I hear or see something happen between her and Kyle, we are getting a divorce. No questions asked. I can only have my heart broken so many times"

"Nothings going to happen"Pat said confidently

"I hope not, I love her too much"
♠ ♠ ♠
This may be the last chapter I post for a while.....Depends I guess.