Re Vera

Revenio

I woke up, jumped out of bed excitedly and ran to the bathroom to get ready.
Today was the day I had been anxiously awaiting! Nathan would be arriving back at Crux Crucis after a two month business trip on the mainland.
I had missed him, to say the least.
It wasn't often that we were separated for a long period of time. Heck, it wasn't often we were separated.
Nathan didn't go on trips to the mainland often and it was only every now and again that he would have to leave me behind.
All the same, he would be here soon and I wanted to see him when he arrived!
I pulled my hair up into a loose ponytail after applying some eyeliner, then dashed into the closet to find something to wear.

(Adelle's outfit)

Once I was dressed I opened the door and walked out into the long corridor and down the hall to the grand staircase. The white marble banister was cool under my hand as I rushed my way down the stairs.
It was the only staircase in the main hall and it held many memories of me and Nathan sliding down them when we were younger.
I wound my way out of the maze like palace to the doors that lead to a bright courtyard with high stone walls and a well manicured garden. I walked to the where the stone walls of the castle and the rose trellis met, plucking a large pink and yellow rose, enjoying the light flowery perfume cloud that invaded my mind.
This was where I found a key when I was eleven. It had vines wrapped around it and I had to get Nathan to cut them because of the thorns. Nathaniel and I searched every nook and cranny in the palace for the door or chest that key might unlock,. we never did find what that key went to.
I left the garden when I heard the muffled sound of the grandfather clock in the foyer, telling me it was time to hurry to the grand staircase.
Nathan would be coming through the castle doors in five minutes and I refused to miss being there when he arrived.
Right as I walked into the foyer, the massive glossy oak doors opened.
Standing in the threshold smiling at me was Nathan, brown hair looking as tousled as ever.
I smiled at him.
"I missed you." were the first three words out of his mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I've decided (finally) that Re Vera is going to be completely re-edited, because I still love my plot line, but as far as grammar and some events that are already written in the story goes...not so much.