Status: I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long! But good news! I wrote a few more chapters and made some edits in my english class this year.

Here for a Moment

Reluctant Goodbyes

Somewhere in the distance a train horn blared. A seventeen year old Emy Bakers adjusted her carry-on bag on her shoulder as she waited on the platform of the Virginia Beach Central Train Station. Her cell phone buzzed in her pocket as a new text message was received.

1 New Text Message
From: 504-8674
To: 309-1069
Message: What platform are you on?
10:52:04 AM

She sighed and smiled, pushing the worn buttons on her phone.

To: 504-8674
From: 309-1069
Message: I’m on number 11. Hurry up! My train will be here soon. =[
10:52:30 AM

Emy sent the message and bit her lip. If he didn’t get there in time, they wouldn’t have a chance to say goodbye before she went home, up in the northeastern states. Her foot tapped on the cement platform.

A low chuckle from behind startled her. She whipped around, only to trip and stumble into a boy’s arms. Emy looked up into his eyes, and butterflies erupted in her stomach.

“A little impatient, are we?” James asked. He helped Emy to her feet. She didn’t move away, though. Once she regained her balance, she cuddled closer to him. Her head reached his chin, and she could hear his heartbeat. James wrapped his arms around her.

“I wish I didn’t have to leave,” Emy murmured. James rested his chin on her head and smiled.

“Summer wasn’t meant to last forever, but I wish the same,” He said. Emy sighed.

“You know,” she said, “I’m glad I came down here to meet you this summer. It’s been the best of my life.”

James agreed. “Mhm. Two years of emails and IM’s finally justified over two months.” Emy laughed and pressed herself closer to him.

They stood there contentedly for a few moments until another train horn sounded much closer this time. The sound of the train pulling into the platform was deafening. James held tightly to Emy, as if protecting her from the gust of wind that accompanied the train pulling into the station.

Then all the noise seemed to fade away, and for a moment it was just Emy Bakers and James Doucan, together. They looked at each other. This would be goodbye for them for at least 3 months. It was 10:56 AM. Emy’s train would close it’s doors at 11.

James ran his fingertip along the side of Emy’s cheek, pushing back a few strands of her wavy brown hair. She leaned into him again, unwilling to leave him. James smiled and held her for just a moment longer before speaking.

“I’ll miss you so much.”

“Me too.”

They looked at each others eye with an affection that even random passerby would describe as intense. A voice over the loudspeaker announced that the train on platform 11 would be closing its doors in one minute. Emy reluctantly pulled away from James, promising to call when she arrived home, to say goodnight after the 7 hour ride. James promised to be waiting for her call.

The train, with Emy aboard, pulled out of the station, bringing the two teens farther and farther apart with each passing second.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like writing this series. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. =]

PLEASE let me know what you think. I want to get more readers on this story and TMWY. And Blind Faith. Haha.

Comments, banners, and subscriptions appreciated!!

-Bee.