Status: I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long! But good news! I wrote a few more chapters and made some edits in my english class this year.

Here for a Moment

A Letter

Emy sat on a park bench, enjoying the last week of warm weather for the year. Two weeks without James had passed slowly, and she could only imagine how much longer the next three months would be.

She tilted her head back, feeling the warmth of the sun on her face. Most of her summer had been like this, only with James. But even without him, she enjoyed her time outside. Once it got cold in western New York, there’s no telling what would happen.

Emy suddenly remembered the envelope in her hands, waiting to be opened. It was the latest one from James. She slowly ripped it open along the top edge, using her nail as an envelope knife. Only one sheet of paper was inside.

“Dear Emy,” It read.

Hello, you pretty, pretty girl. Today is Thursday, meaning you will get this on Saturday. Any chance you could be online on Sunday? I have the day off from work, so we can talk all we want. =]

Yours Truly,

James Doucan


Emy frowned at the briefness of the letter, but then smiled at knowing that they could talk all day tomorrow.

Of course, there are times when good moments like these are ruined by jerk-off guy who can’t control themselves. This was one of those moments.

A boy with a blonde fohawk sat down on the bench next to Emy, putting an arm around her with a cocky grin.

“Can I help you?” Emy asked. She used one of those tones that seemed friendly, but was meant to convey something else. In this case, Emys’ tone plainly said ‘Get your arm off of me, or else’. The boy with the faux-hawk, whose name she later learned to be Todd Smith, who went to her school. He didn’t get the hint though. He just grinned even wider at her.

“Yeah, you’re Ella Bakers, right?” He didn’t wait for Emy to answer. “Are you thinking what Im thinking?" He waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“No.”

“But-”

“Nada.”

“How about-”

“I don’t think so.”

Todd became frustrated. “Why not?!” Emy stood up and began to walk away. He called after her.

“Hey! Ella! Come back!” Ella? What was wrong with this kid? He didn’t even know her. “Why not?!”

Emy turned on him, glaring. “I’m…seeing someone.” Technically, this was only somewhat true. To be honest, Emy didn't really know where her and James stood. They liked each other, true. But they weren't 'official'.

This news didn’t seem to faze Todd. “So? It’s not like anyone will know.” He raised one eyebrow in an attempt to convince her. Emy was disgusted. Who did he think he was?

“Forget it, Todd. It’s not gong to happen.” Emy turned back around and walked back home. "And my name is EMY!" She yelled over her shoulder.

Some boys could be such pigs.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on a rolllll here. =D

This chapter is totally dedicated to amelie ross. She was the first to comment on this story. =]] A HUGE thanks to you!

I really love this series.

But don't worry, I'm still working on everything else.
Comments, Subscriptions, and Banners appreciated. =]

Have a great night dearies!
-Bee