Status: I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long! But good news! I wrote a few more chapters and made some edits in my english class this year.

Here for a Moment

Somehow

Emy Bakers sat at her computer with a frown.

JDsccr678 is offline

It had been two months. Two months without any phone calls. No text messages, no letters, and no instant messages from James.

It would suffice to say that Emy was pretty upset.

She returned to her family’s kitchen, where Mrs. Bakers stood at the sink.

“Still nothing from James?” Emy’s mother asked.

“Nope,” She sighed.

Emy pondered why James hadn’t communicated with her in so long. Could something have happened to him? Her heart stopped momentarily. No, he’s fine, she thought. He’s probably just busy, that’s all.

But with what? Had he found “someone else”? Her heart stopped, dropped and rolled into her stomach. Please, please no, Emy prayed. Surely it was something else.

A distant ping! came from Emy’s computer, and her ears perked up.

Well, well, look who decided to get online. She ran to the source and read the message waiting for her.

JDsccr6787: Hello Hun.

Oh no, he was not going to sweet-talk his way out of this. They were going to talk about this.

MsEmy: Hi.

JDsccr678: How’s the pretty lady lately? Its been a while.

MsEmy: I’m fine.

JDsccr678: No you’re not. I can tell. What’s wrong?

MsEmy: There is nothing wrong.

JDsccr678: Liar. Yes there is.

MsEmy: No.

JDsccr678: Yes

MsEmy: FINE. Yeah, there is something wrong. Seriously James, I don’t mean to sound like a bitch, but James, what happened? Where were you these past two months? No emails, no letters, not a single phone call! Do you know how worried I was? How much that bothered me?

JDsccr678: Wow, what are you? My girlfriend?

Emy flinched and her heart stung. He had never talked like that to her before. Then again, she had never talked the way she did to him either. Still, it hurt.

MsEmy: No, actually, I’m not. So I’m just going to go.
She moved to turn off her computer, but James was quick to reply.

JDsccr678: Wait! Emy, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that. I’ve just been so busy lately, and it’s got me frustrated. Please, talk to me.

Emy’s heart ached, wanting to instantly forgive him. But she was tired and in no mood, not the most beneficial combination whilst forgiving someone.

MsEmy: I’m sorry, James. I’m just going to go to bed. Goodnight.

Without allowing James to reply, she shut down the computer.

Emy Bakers knew that one shouldn’t go to bed angry. But she didn’t care. She just didn’t have the energy.

Five hundred miles away, James Doucan brought his fist down on the computer desk.

MsEmy has signed off

It was his fault, he knew, that this had happened. And somehow, He thought, he would make amends with Emy for not keeping in touch.

He leaned back in the computer chair and closed his eyes. Somehow, he would make sure they were together, despite any circumstances.

Somehow, he would.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really love writing this story. It's currently 1 am and should be asleep or doing my Health homework, but oh well.

Hoped you liked this chapter!
-Bee