Status: I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long! But good news! I wrote a few more chapters and made some edits in my english class this year.

Here for a Moment

Phone Call

Did he really mean it? Would he really answer anytime?

These were the thoughts of Emy Bakers around 2:32 am. She rolled over and pulled out her letter from James. The light of her phone cast an eerie glow about the room. Would he pick up if she called? There was really only one way to find out...

'Send'. James' phone only rang twice.

"Hello?" answered a groggy voice.

"James?" Emy said. "Are you sleeping?"

"Not if you're on the line, pretty girl," He said. "Did you think I wouldn't answer?" He was met with silence for a few moments.

"I'm sorry," Emy whispered, "I shouldn't have called this late..."

"No, no, it's okay. I'm glad you called. Are you okay?" Again, Emy hesitated.

"...I miss you James. I miss you so much..." Tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm sorry for being controlling, but this is killing me. I was so worried and I couldn't get a hold of you. What if something had happened to you?" A salty drop rolled down Emy's cheek.

"Shh, shh, it's okay Emy, I'm fine" Said James reassuringly. "And I promise I'll be here whenever you need me. I'm sorry I got so caught up."

Emy dried her tears on the comforter. She just wanted to hear his voice tonight. "James, will you stay on the line with me? Even if we fall asleep?"

"Of course I will. Just relax Emy. We'll be okay."

Emy really liked how he said "We". She settled down in her bed, with the phone next to her on the pillow.

"James?"

"Yes?"

"Never mind..."

"What is it?"

"Nothing, its silly." Emy sighed.

There was a contented silence that fell over Emy and James. They both lay in thought as the phone connected the two teens over 500 miles. About twenty minutes later, Emy heard a soft snore on the other end of the line. The soft rhythm of James' breathing. She smiled.

'I could get used to this one day...'

"James?" Emy whispered. The was no answer. Just the sounds of James' sleep.

"I love you..."

And with that, she settled down into a restful sleep, hoping that one day she'd have the courage to say those words when James was awake...
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter really made me want to cuddle, not going to lie.
Like that's going to happen, right? Haha.
But I liked this chapter. It was longer than the last one, and not too hard to write.
I'm a sucker for sappy conversations.

WELL. Tell me what you think =]