Love or Lust

Chapter Forty

I yawned as I was cuddled into Tom. “Tired?” I heard him chuckle.
“Somewhat.” I smiled.
“Maybe you should go to bed.” He smirked.
“Maybe you shouldn’t tell me what to do.”
“You should go to bed though. You need sleep.”
“Fine, but you’re sleeping in my room.” I yawned again as I stood heading to my room.
“I was planning on it.” I heard him chuckle.
I smiled to myself as I walked into my room and dressed in my pj‘s, not really wanting to sleep naked. I laid down, after turning the light off, and pulled the blankets over me. When I heard a knock from the living room. Who would be coming over at like midnight.
“Who is it?” I heard Tom ask from where I guessed was the kitchen.
“Me, who else would come to bug their brother in the middle of the night?” It was Bill. My guess was that he had either gotten bored or lonely, maybe even both.

Bill’s POV
I was in my bed in my apartment finding that I couldn’t’ get to sleep. I was getting rather bored and I was wanting someone to talk to or just goof off with. Plus I was missing Ella terribly. I hardly got to see her anymore. It seemed like Tom was keeping her locked up away from the rest of us. I mean he could bring her to the studio, just to visit. It doesn’t always have to be all work and no play.
I left my apartment going to Tom and Ella’s door. I rapped my knuckles twice then heard Tom.
“Who is it?”
“Me, who else would come to bug their brother in the middle of the night?” I said rolling my eyes thinking that it should be obvious.
“Hold on a minute.”
I sighed boredly as I waited for about five minutes. Then the door opened to my brother without a shirt on. What had they been doing. Then the smell of sex drifted off of him. They didn’t.
I was hoping to god there was a girl in his bedroom, that wasn’t Ella.
“What have you been up to?” I asked causally.
“Oh I just got out of the shower a bit ago.” Liar.
“Then why do you smell like sex?” I narrowed my eyes.
I hated it when people would lie to me. I hated it more when my own brother would lie to me. I wanted the truth even if it would hurt me.
“I’m not going to lie…”
“You jut did when you said you got out of the shower a bit ago.” I spat out somewhat.
“I’m sorry that I did.” He apologized. I nodded. “I did have sex.”
“May I ask with who?”
Tom looked somewhat away from my face, of at the wall behind me. I took a deep breath knowing who it was. “Was it a one time thing or are you just going to chuck her like the rest of the girls?” I had to know that he was going to take care of her and not break her heart.
“I care about her a lot, Bill. I’m not going to do that to her.”
“That’s good. As long as you’re going to take care of her I’m happy for you.” I forced a smile
“Really?” he seemed amazed.
“Yeah, but if you hurt her I’ll have to kill you.” I joked still forcing myself to smile.
“Thanks.” Tom smiled back hugging me.
“Ew, you stink. You can hug me later.” I said pushing him away. He just laughed as he retracted his hug.
I couldn’t say that I wasn’t hurting, but I wanted Ella to be happy. If Tom made her happy then let it be.
“You wanna come in?”
“Sure, but you better spray something if the rest of the apartment smells like you.” I laughed lightly.
“I’ll spray something, god, it doesn’t smell that bad.”
“It doesn’t to you because you’re always around it.”
“I’m not always around it.”
“Okay, most of the time you are.” I said passing him going to sit on the couch.
“So why did you come over?”
“Couldn’t sleep.”
“Oh, well is there anything on your mind?”
“Not really.”
“Do you want to stay here tonight? You can sleep in my room.”
“In that god forsaken bed, I think I’ll pass. I’ll take the couch.”
“Alright suit yourself.” He shrugged.
“So where’s Ella?”
“In her room, probably asleep.”
“That’s good…I’m hungry.” I got up heading to the kitchen.
“I wouldn’t go in there.”
I turned looking at him confused. “Why?”
“I just wouldn’t.”
Then it hit me. “You didn’t! That’s gross! In the kitchen!? Why?!”
“I don’t know! Stop flipping out!”
“Where did you do it!? The counter?!”
“No! Of course not! The table!”
“Where you eat?! What the hell is wrong with you!?”
“Bill we both know, that no one knows what’s wrong with me.”
“Yeah, mom doesn’t even know what your problem is.”
“I’m not the only one with a problem! Look ate you!” he just had to get the upper hand in this argument.
“At least I don’t screw people on my kitchen table! That’s just sick! You fricking eat there!”
“I can buy a new god damned table! It’s not that hard to do!”
“Good, then do so or I will not be having dinner here anytime soon.”
“Who wants you here?” I heard him mutter to himself.
“That hurt, Tom.” I jutted my bottom lip out giving him my best puppy eyes.
“Fine, we want you here…”He rolled his eyes.
“Yay.” I smiled clapping my hands together.
“Well I’m going to go to bed. If I were you I’d sleep in my bed.”
I just looked at him blankly. “Do I want to know.”
“We ju-”
“No! Don’t tell me! I’ll take your word for it, which one’s your room?”
“That one.” He pointed to one of the doors.
“Night.” I walked to his room and laid down. His bed didn’t smell bad. It didn’t even smell like ex, the conclusion I thought of earlier. I then found it necessary to go through the drawers of his bed stand, where I found a box. I opened the bow. What I saw was a pretty silver band with a little diamond stud on it. It was cute and I wanted to know what it was for.
“Toooom!” I yelled sitting up. “Come here, dearest brother!” I rolled my eyes at the last part.
“What Bill?” He appeared in the doorway only moments later.
“What’s this?” I held up the ring. He walked over, taking it from me.
“Ella’s extremely late birthday present.”
“It’s pretty. She’ll like it.” I smiled.
“You think?”
“Definantly.” I nodded. “You should go give it to her now. If your mind is trailing off, when I say ‘it’ I meant the ring.” I smirked as Tom rolled his eyes.
“I will. I almost forgot about it. Thanks for finding it.” Tom laughed a bit.
“No problem.” I smiled.
I was glad to help my brother, even though he was with the girl I wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry to inform everyone that this is the second to last chapter.
I want to thanks everyone who's continued to stick with this story through all the twists and turns. I apricieate all the comments I've gotten and I also aprieciate anyone who has read this far and subscribed. Thank you guys. I don't think I would have been able to finish this story if you guys hadn't have commented.
Now if you liked this story and want more of my writting. I'm going to start a new story. The title of it is 'I'll be Here When You Reach For Me.'
Now as always comments will make me happy and earn my love.
<3
Kel