Eight Days A Week

Fresh Til Death

“GARRETT!” Cappie shrieked through the two-story house. Next door the guys would be shaking their heads. It wasn’t unheard of for Cappie to scream out Garrett’s name like that. It happened at least every once a week. Cappie and Garrett were very much so brother and sister. They looked so much alike. Plus they were six months apart. Cappie had been born premature. It was part of the reason Garrett was so protective of her. They were close, each other’s best friends, but fought to no end.

Cappie stormed down the stairs to find Garrett sitting at the counter going through her text messages, no doubt. She fumed. “I’m gonna fucking kill you!” She yelled in a shrill voice. Garrett looked up at her before shooting off outside the house. Cappie pursued after him.

“JOHNOHH!” Garrett yelled. John looked up at the scene in front of him. Garrett ran passed him. John then saw Cappie chasing after him. He knew that if Cappie got to Garrett the band would need to find a new bassist. That couldn’t happen. Not two days before tour. They wouldn’t have the time. John stood in Cappie’s way. Just as she got to him, he grabbed her and threw her over his shoulder. Garrett laughed in triumph.

“John!” Cappie growled. “Put me down!”

“I’m afraid that’s a negative.” John replied calmly. “I can’t have you killing our bassist two days before tour.”

“What’s going on now?” Pat asked, coming out the house across the street and observing the scene.

“Garrett took my phone.” Cappie answered, crossing her arms over her chest. Keep in mind, she was still over John’s shoulder.

“Shocker!” Pat said. It was always his fault somehow. “Garrett, just give her the phone dude.”

John cautiously set Cappie down. “Think fast!” Garrett yelled, throwing the phone to Pat. Pat caught it, then threw it to John. Each time, Cappie reached up to try and get it, but failed to catch it. As they played monkey in the middle, Kennedy pulled up.

“What’s going on?” He asked, slamming his car door shut. He looked at the scene in front of him with much amusement.

Cappie quickly walked over to Garrett, who was now holding her phone. “Please,” she said quietly, looking at him with pleading eyes. Knowing she didn’t want to be around Kennedy, he handed her the blackberry. “Thanks.” She let out an inaudible sniff and walked passed Kennedy into her home. Kennedy sighed and walked over to the guys, who were now looking at him.

It would be a lie if Kennedy said he didn’t like Cappie. Kennedy was in love with Cappie. Everybody knew it. But Cappie and Kennedy had a love/hate relationship. As in he loved her, she hated him. She only put up with him because he was in a band with her brother. Plus he was Garrett’s best friend. Now, Cappie didn’t always hate Kennedy. In fact, it was quite the opposite. Cappie and Kennedy had a had a huge crush on each other since 7th grade. They finally made it official in their freshman year. They were head over heels for each other. They dated all the way through high school. Until up at a graduation party. Kennedy had gotten really drunk. And not thinking, he cheated on her. She had walked in on them. In that moment, her heart had shattered. When Kennedy woke up the next morning, he realized he made a huge mistake. He had broken both their hearts.

“Hey,” Garrett said, leaning against Cappie’s doorframe.

“Hey,” she said, folding a shirt and putting it in her suitcase. Both of them had been packing for the past week. Garrett’s band would be on Warped tour. Cappie would be working for To Write Love On Her Arms.

“Cap,” Garrett sighed, flopping on her bed, messing up her duvet. She looked at him, she continued to fold. “You’re my sister and best friend, and you know I love you more than anything.”

“What’re you getting at Garrett?” she asked, somewhat annoyed.

“How are you gonna go on tour if you can’t even stand to be around Kennedy for more than a few seconds?” Garrett asked, sitting up.

“Avoid him as much as possible.” she answered simply.

“Okay, then how are you going to avoid him during the four hour drive?” Garrett was referring to the four hour drive they had to take to get to Pomona, California for the first day of Warped.

“Sit as far away from him as possible.”

Garrett laughed at his sister, and got up. “Oh little sister,” he said, hugging her. “you amuse me.”

“Be safe!” Garrett and Cappie’s mom said, hugging them tightly.

“Don’t worry ma.” Garrett said, pulling away. “I’ll take good care of her.” He kissed his mom on the cheek, grabbed his stuff, and walked towards the van.

Cappie looked from her brother then back to her mother. “I’ll be fine.” Cappie protested when she saw her mother giving her the ‘I-don’t-know-if-this-is-such-a-good-idea’ look. “Don’t worry about me.” Cappie hugged her, then walked to the back of the van so she could put her luggage up.

“Here, I got it.” Kennedy said, suddenly appearing next to her.

“I’ve got it.” She said, taking her suitcase before he could grab it. Cappie could smell him, cinnamon and tide. She used to love that smell. Now she found herself wanting to vomit for just wafting in it.

“C’mon Caps.” He said, using the nickname he gave her. He always used that name when she was trying to reconcile with her. “I was just trying to help.”

“You wanna help?” she snapped back icily. “Stay away from me.” She threw her luggage in and walked around to the side, where she climbed to the back by John. Kennedy sighed and slammed the back door. He mentally slapped himself everyday for what he did to her. For what he did to both of them. He knew he deserved her bitchiness, but he couldn’t let it bother him. He had a long drive ahead.

He climbed in the front seat and looked at Cappie through the rearview mirror. She was on her blackberry typing away furiously. Too busy to notice him. John noticed though. John looked at Cappie. “Hey still loves you.” he whispered in her ear. She looked up at him expectantly. She was confused as to who he was talking about. “Kennedy.” he stated.

“That’s good for him.” she said, looking back down at her phone and reading her new text. “I don’t care.”

“I think you do.” John replied, as she started texting the person she was talking to back. Cappie snorted. John shook his head and sighed, then decided to let the subject go.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is already finished as well.
Just a matter of posting it.
so feedback?
let's get those comments rolling folks!