Eight Days A Week

Into Your Arms

Things went back to normal between Cade and Dave immediately once they got back. If possible things were even better. Everybody was happy they weren’t moping around anymore. Things between Cappie and Kennedy had gone from hostile to yet even more awkward. Everybody was anticipating on their reunion. Kennedy was determined to make it happen.

“Cap,” Garrett smiled at his little sister as he walked up the Maine’s merch table. Max wasn’t feeling good so Cappie offered to take his place for the day. Garrett set a cold raspberry-apple vitamin water in front of her. She smiled appreciatively, as she took a long sip of it.

“When do you guys go on?” She asked, placing the cap back on the bottle.

“About 10 minutes actually.” he answered. “Cade said she would cover for you if you wanted to come watch.”

Cade then suddenly appeared next to them. “Reporting for duty, Cap’n.” Cade saluted them both.

“Great!” Garrett beamed. “Now you can watch out set, Cap.”

Cappie looked between their smiling faces. “You have something planned.” Cappie said narrowing her eyes on Garrett.

“Pfft,” Garrett gave her a look of ludicrous. “No. What makes you think that?” His voice was a considerable octave higher than usual.

Cappie stood up and crossed her arms over her chest. “Because your voice always gets high pitched when you’re lying.” She leaned closer to peer at him closely. “And you always look at the bridge of my nose to trick me into thinking you’re looking into my eyes when you’re not. Like right now for instance.”

“Cappie,” Cade said. “you just need to go, okay?”

Cappie let out a frustrated sigh. “Fine!” She threw up her hands dramatically. “But I won’t enjoy it.” Garrett laughed at her and lead her to the stage they would be playing at.

Cappie plopped on one of the unused amps at the side of the stage. Being the devoted sister and fan she was, she sang and danced to all the songs. Her eyes wondered to each of the guys, finally landing on Kennedy. He sang along with songs completely dedicated. He always played his heart out. It was one thing Cappie had always admired about him.

They ended “If I only Had the Heart,” and John began to talk to the crowd. The boys left the stage and stood around Cappie. She gave them quizzical looks. Kennedy grabbed the acoustic next to her, smiling at her as he did so then walked back on stage. It dawned on Capped that they were about to do an acoustic set.

“We thought this song would be better sung by the person who wrong it,” John said, as Kennedy stood next to him ready to sing. He turned to Kennedy and said, “Let’s hope this plan works.” The crowd laughed and John smiled cheekily. “Oh, did I just say that out loud?” The crowd cheered and laughed as he left the stage with Kennedy taking his place in front of the microphone.

“So I wrote this awhile back,” Kennedy said into the mic. “if you have our cd which came out just last week,” Cheers were erupted from the crowd. “then you--”

“HAVE MY BABIES, KENNEDY?” A fan in the back screamed.

“Uh is that possible?” Kennedy joked, causing everyone to laugh. “But if you have the cd, you’ll know the song.” He began to pluck the opening chords, causing the crowd to cheer. He stopped and spoke again. “This is the first time playing this song live, so I’m a bit nervous.” The audience cheered. “Thank you.” He began the opening chords, jumping into the words at just the right time.

There was a new girl in town.
She had it all figured out.
And I'll state something rash.
She had the most amazing....smile.
I bet you didn't expect that.
But she made me change my ways.
With eyes like sunsets baby.
And legs that went on for days.


John, who was sitting next to Cappie, nudged her. Kennedy looked at Cappie quickly catching her eye before singing the chorus.

I'm fallin' in love
But it's fallin' apart.
I need to find my way back to the start.
When we were in love.
Oh things were better than they are.


“Oh. My. God.” Cappie said slowly. This song was about her. He was singing it for her. He wrote it for her. Pat pushed her to get up. “Go get him.” he said.

Let me back into.
Into your arms.


Cappie ran on stage. Kennedy watched her with hopeful eyes as he continued to pluck the strings. The band held their breath with anticipation. Cappie gabbed him by the neck and crashed her lips on his. He immediately dropped his guitar pic and pulled her body as close to his as he could with the guitar in the way, as he kissed her back with more passion.

He had wanted this for so long. Now it was finally happening. She let him back into her arms again.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!!!!
YAAAAAAAY!

I loved that.
Did you?

Sequel? Oh it's happening.
Coming to a computer screen near you!
lol.

In the meantime, read Garrett (:

FEEDBACK!!!