Eight Days A Week

Sex Sells

Cappie sat on the To Write Love On Her Arms bus listening to their boss, Jamie Tworkowski, tell them what their job would be like for the summer. So far, they were loving everything he said. There were two other girls, Lydia and Cade, and a guy, Craig that she would be working with. They seemed nice enough.

The cold air felt good. Cappie was happy she would be on a nice, air conditioned bus, while her brother and friends would be stuck in a van that smelled like pizza.

“Remember,” Jaime said, closing the meeting. “sex sells.”

Cappie snorted with laughter, causing everyone to look at her. “Sorry.” she mumbled, shrinking down as her face flushed red.

“Lydia and Craig,” Jamie said, looking down at a clipboard. “You guys are covering the merch tent today. Cade and Cappie, you’re out spreading the word.” Cappie saluted him, making him laugh.

Cade and Cappie journeyed off the bus and began their quest to spread the world. “I’m Cade by the way.” Cade said, formally introducing herself.

“Cappie.” Cappie replied brightly.

“First time on Warped?” Cade asked, smiling at Cappie’s giddiness. Cade had been touring Dave, her boyfriend and lead singer of Every Avenue, since they got signed, so she was used to living on the road.

“Yeah. That obvious, huh?”

“Naah, it’s cool.”

“So where are you from?” Cappie asked, trying to see if she could spot Garrett or anyone else she knew.

“Very cold Michigan.” Cade replied, laughing at her own joke.

“Cold? Hmm…” Cappie pondered for a second. “What’s that like?” They both laughed.

“Where are you from?” Cade asked.

“Arizona. Blazing hot, but you get used to it.” Cappie shrugged. “I came up here with my brother. His band’s playing. The Maine?” She asked if Cade had heard of them.

“Sorry, no.” Cade smiled politely.

“It’s cool.” Cappie shook it off. “The only just got signed.” Cappie looked ahead at the crowd. People of all sorts were there. That’s when she noticed a very familiar red head. “Speak of the devil.” Cade gave her a confused look just as Garrett and Jared approached them.

“I need some money.” Were the first words out of Garrett’s mouth once he stood in front of Cappie.

“Excuse his manners, but this is my very rude brother, Garrett, and our friend, Jared.” Cappie said, introducing them to Cade. “Guys, this is Cade. I’m gonna be working with her this summer.”

Garrett looked at her. “Do you have money?” He asked Cade.

“Not for you.” Cade said laughing.

“What happened to your money?” Cappie asked, turning back to Garrett.

“It’s in the van.” he replied.

“We’ll go get it then. Your legs ain’t broken.”

“Oh c’mon Cap,” he begged. He put his hands together. “I’ll pay you back.” He got down on his knees in front of her and began to grovel. Cade was trying to stifle her laughter. “Plllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!” he pleaded loudly.

“Fine!” Cappie yelled over him. “Just get up.” She reached into her back pocket for her money. A wide smile stretched across Garrett’s face as he stood back up. “If you don’t pay me back,” Cappie began, placing the money in his open hand, but not letting go of it completely. “I will go back to that van and take all your money for myself.”

“You’re the best sister ever!” Garrett said, placing the money in his pocket.

“Aw,” Cappie cooed. Garrett reached forward to pull her into a hug. Just as she leaned into him, she screamed out, “Nut check!” Her hand balled into a fist and hit him full force in his cash and prizes.

Garrett grunted and fell to his knees as everyone around him erupted into laughter. “What happened?” Kennedy asked, coming up to the laughing group.

“Cappie nut checked Garrett.” Jared said in between breaths.

Kennedy joined in on the laughter. Cappie stopped once he started and walked away. Cade caught her breath and followed her.

“What’s that about?” Cade asked once they were out of earshot.

“Garrett’s always like that,” Cappie answered ignoring the obvious question.

“Not him. The other guy that joined us.” Cade said, rolling her eyes knowing full well she was ignoring the question.

Cappie sighed and stopped. “Kennedy and I don’t have a good past.”

Cade nodded. She didn’t want to pry. She knew her and Cappie were going to be great friends, so she didn’t want to do anything to ruin it before it began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh?

feedback is needed.
and let's give this some stars, ya?