Eight Days A Week

Secrets Don't Make Friends

Cappie made her way onto the Every Avenue bus, hoping Cade would be there. After the kiss, she needed to tell someone. Who better than her best friend, Cade? Over the past few weeks, Cappie and Cade had become best friends. Attached at the hip.

She entered the bus and saw Dave sitting at his laptop with his back to her. He hadn’t heard her come onto the bus. She crept slowly toward him and peered at what he was watching. Her theory had been confirmed.

“AAAHHHH! My eyes!” she screamed, covering her eyes instantly.

Dave snapped around. “Cappie!” he yelled in horror, snapping his laptop shut.

“Jimmie!” Jimmie said, appearing in the doorway of the bunk area. They both looked at him. “Sorry, I thought we were taking role call.” he said, shrinking down.

Cappie’s gaze turned back to Dave with an accusatory look. He seemed more interested in the couch. “You liar!” she yelled at him.

“Hey!” Dave started in defense. “Technically, I didn’t lie. Jimmie did.” He pointed his finger at him.

“Way to throw me under the bus, buddy.” Jimmie muttered.

Cappie turned her gaze to Jimmie. “Fine, you liar!”

“I panicked!” Jimmie yelled.

“Weak.” Cappie said.

“He said he was gonna tell her.”

“Well no one’s brought her out of the woods yet.” Cappie said, looking at them both.

“I’m gonna tell her.”

“When?” She crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot impatiently.

“Yeah,” Jimmie said, mimicking her moves more dramatically. “when?”

“I will.” They both looked at him. “Fine, tonight at the bonfire.”

“You better.” Cappie said.

“Yeah, cause I got a reputation to keep up.” Jimmie said.

“What?” Dave and Cappie both said, looking at him confused. “What rep?”

“My rep as a ladies man.” Jimmie said, with a stupid grin plastered on his face.

“Oh brother.” Cappie said, clapping her hand to her forehead.

Meanwhile, across the venue, The Maine’s set had just ended and now they were packing up. Garrett and John were tugging an amp off stage while the others were wrapping up cords.

“So where were you earlier?” Garrett asked John, as they both stopped what they were doing.

“Uh…” John was hesitating. “I was playing Mario kart with Cap.” he managed to choke out.

“Ah,” Garrett said, showing he understood. “So did you win?” Cappie had beaten Garrett many a times. Garrett always said he would prevail.

“Not exactly…”John trailed off, not sure of what he should say.

“What do you mean?”

John’s voice became hushed. He pulled Garrett to the side so that they could have some privacy. “Uhm…we kind of…well…”

“Spit it out O’Callaghan!” Garrett said, more eager than ever now to hear.

“We sort of made out.” John blurted out quietly.

Garrett’s mouth dropped open. “You made out with my sister?!” Garrett yelled out, just as Kennedy walked by. Garrett wanted to kill John. That was his baby sister. He was just now starting to get over what Kennedy had done to her. He didn’t need John moving in on her now.

“Sssshhh!” John shushed him, hoping Kennedy hadn’t heard, but it was too late. He was already walking over.

“You did what?” Kennedy looked so hurt and confused.

“Kenny,” John began. “I didn’t mean to. It just sort of happened.”

Kennedy felt so betrayed. How could he do such a thing to him? John knew full and well that he was still in love with Cappie. What if Cappie and John developed feelings for each other? That would ruin any chance Kennedy had to rebuild their relationship. Kennedy could feel the anger swelling through him. His right hand balled into a tight fist. Finally, it collided with John’s eye.

“Shit man!” Garrett yelled, as John fell to the ground. Garrett was a little jealous that Kennedy got to him before he could. John’s hand flew to his eye. He grumbled in pain.

“You know I still love her!” Kennedy yelled angrily.

“I know!” John yelled back. “She hates you though. You need to get over her and move on.”

Hearing those words only made Kennedy’s heart break again. John was right. He needed to move on. “Your right,” he said quietly. He offered his hand to help John up. “sorry.” Starting tonight, Kennedy was going to have fun and not think about Cappie.
♠ ♠ ♠
ohshit!

feedback of course, is always wanted.