Status: This is the only way I know how to inform you guys why I haven't updated/whats going to happen. http://www.mibba.com/journals/read/190084/

I Need Something More.

Lana.

SOPHIA P.O.V:
I ran out of the studio room and straight to my office. I grabbed my purse and whipped out my car keys. I was out the front doors and pulled the door to my car open.

“Sophie!” I heard Hannah’s little voice call happily as she ran up to me.

“Hey cutie pie,” I smiled weakly, “Hey Jack.”

“Sophie where are you going?”

“I umm, I have to go home, I-I forgot I needed to do something.” I lied, and Jack gave me a funny look.

“But we were supposed to watch a movie after daddy was done today.” She frowned. Oh crap! I completely forgot.

“I’m sorry Han,” I started but when I saw her bottom lip start to tremble and her eyes swell, I turned to Jack with wide eyes. He shook his head and shrugged his shoulders signaling he didn’t know what to do either.

“...but how about, I’ll call later and go over to your place instead? If that’s okay with everyone.” I caved.

“Uncle Jack is that okay?” Hannah said perking up.

“... I guess. We’ll have to check with Matt, Keith, Rian and your dad, but I think it’ll be okay. Everyone loves Soapie.” Jack winked.

I gave a half hearted smile and Jack gave me a worried look. I turned to my car again. “I’ll call you later Jack, bye Hannah.”

“Later Soapie.”

“Bye Sophie!” Hannah called extending the ‘e’ in my name.

I waved goodbye and sped off. What had I just gotten myself into?

----------

I was sitting at home curled up on my couch. The second I got home I ripped off my heels and dress and grabbed a pair of pj shorts, a tank top, a big sweater along with my slipper boots. I started tearing up when I watched Zack and Kelly break up outside the dance on an old re-run episode of Saved by the Bell as I ate my cookie dough Ben and Jerry that I picked up on the way home. It was about 3pm and I had been home for the past 2 hours.

After I got home Squire called freaking out. He had no idea why I just left and in the middle of the day too, he said Alex said I wasn’t feeling well and Jack said I forgot to do something. I lied and told Squire it was both, he let it slide knowing me well enough not to press the issue. After my chat with Squire I realized that no one had the keys to lock up the studio, so I called and begged Lana to give Squire my keys and have him lock up for the night. Lana came over and left five minutes ago with my keys and promised to be back to check up on me.

What am I doing? This is ridiculous, I lied to Alex, Jack, Squire and even Hannah! All because of those nasty tabloids. How could they get this much pleasure out of someone’s misery- it’s just sick. I looked over at my Blockbuster copy of Kung Foo Panda and inhaled deeply. What am I thinking? Alex probably hates me after my freak out and leaving without an explanation. He probably doesn’t want someone like me around his daughter, and on top of that, if he sees those tabloid covers, he’ll probably hate me even more. A few tears escaped my eyes at the thought and I wiped them away quickly when my blackberry buzzed.
1 message received.

JACK:
Soapie baby, you okay? Hannah still wants you to come over. Alex too. (;

Re:
I’m okay, don’t worry about me. Alex?

Buzz.
JACK:
Alex was freaking out, he thinks he scared you. That’s all I know. What did he do to my little Soapie-wopie? ):

Re:
He was? And he didn’t do anything, I just needed to go.

Buzz.
JACK:
LIAR! I have no problem kicking Alex’s ass if he did something to you. :P But seriously Soapie, you can trust me, I haven’t told Alex what you told Ri and I yesterday.

Re:
I really am grateful for that, thank you! (: and I really rather not talk about this via text messages Jack. Maybe if I see you later?

After that Jack didn’t reply. I hope he’s not mad at me now. About twenty minutes passed and I heard a knock on my door. Thinking it was Lana, I dragged myself off the couch and opened the door.

“Soapie!”

“J-Jack?”

“Umm Soapie, why aren’t you wearing pants?”

I looked down at my legs and noticed my PJ shorts were so short that my giant cardigan made it seem like I wasn’t wearing anything underneath. I felt my face heat up and opened my cardigan to show Jack I was wearing clothes underneath.

“Why are you here? Is something wrong at the studio?”

“Nothing’s wrong at the studio, except that your cute little face isn’t there.”

I narrowed my eyes at his explanation and he continued.

“You didn’t want to talk through text, so I came over here so you had to talk to me.” He smiled cheekily causing me to roll my eyes and lead him over to the couch.

“You should have called first.”

“So you could run away from me too?” He joked.

“No... so I could change and look presentable.” I said awkwardly shifting my weight from foot to foot.

“Sophia Annalynne Bendeth! You look flawless all the time, no matter what you wear. Get over it.” Jack said seriously but smiled at the end of his statement.

“No I don’t.” I mumbled under my breath. Jack looked up at me and sighed.

“Sophia... I’m sorry. I just don’t get why you don’t see what everyone else does.”

“I just don’t okay. Can we talk about something else?” I shifted uncomfortably. I hated this feeling, I knew Jack was trying to make me feel better but it just made me feel so awkward. I pulled open the fridge and pulled out some drinks for Jack to choose from. “Thirsty?”

“Thanks- fine, we’ll change the subject. Why’d you bail from the studio today.”

“Jack...”

“Common Sophia, I promise I won’t judge you or anything, I just want to know what’s upsetting you so I can help.”

“It’s complicated...”

“I’ve got time.”

----------

I felt comfortable with Jack, and even though I’ve only known him for about three weeks something was telling me I could trust him. I gave Jack a quick recap of my relationship with Evan. How we had been dating for almost two years, he was my first boyfriend, he cheated on me, blah, blah, blah. Then I told him how I went to France for a month to get away from him and LA, but my dad needed me back at work. I told him about Audrey and the fashion show last night, and the paparazzi spreading rumors. I left out the fact that the gossip rags were saying I was cheating with Alex but I did tell him they were saying nasty things about me, and me alone. The last thing I wanted was for Alex to find out people were saying such crazy things about us and to know the tabloids were dragging his name in the mud. He’d hate me, I just know it.

“... I just can’t believe they would say those things about me, I’m not like that!” I sobbed.

Ever since I was in middle school, I’ve been really sensitive about other people talking about me behind my back. My dad sent me from private schools to public schools and everything in between hoping I’d be comfortable somewhere, but everywhere I went it was the same. In private schools the all the rich kids knew about my mom’s affair, and how I was a “slut”s daughter that the “slut” didn’t even want. And in public schools I was known as the little rich princess. Either the kids would falsely be my friends or they’d make fun of me saying I was probably a snob. Everywhere I went the students were mean to me, always spreading rumors about me, saying I was this terrible person or a slut because the guys would always be hitting on me just to tease me later since I was shy and naive to their advances. As I got older it just got worst. In high school, the girls were nastier and the guys were either complete pervs or only looking to be my friend if they were in a band, hoping I’d pass along their demo to my dad. Let’s just say I’m predisposed to my fair share of insecurities.

“Soapie, they’re douche bags. And when have those tabloids ever been right about anything? All the people who read them probably feel bad that a sweet girl like you is being picked on by them.” Jack said wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into a hug.

“Thanks Jack.” I said wiping away the last bit of tears.

“Seriously Sophia, any time.” Jack said releasing me and just then my phone buzzed. I leaned over to check it and it read:
1 message received.

ALEX:
“Sophia, I’m really sorry about earlier. Hannah wants you to come over, I do too. Call me back?”

I stared down at my blackberry biting on my lip trying to figure out what to do. I looked up at Jack for a minute and he smiled, as if he knew exactly who just sent me a text.

“Who’s that?”

“...Alex.”

“Ohhhhh, lover boy?” Jack teased.

“Shut it.”

“What it’s not my fault you’re macking on him.”

“Shut up!” I said narrowing my eyes and pursing my lips. Jack just smiled in response.

“Well.. what’d he say.”

“Him and Hannah want me to come over.”

“So get dressed.”

“W-what?”

“Do you want to leave the house in next to nothing? Wait, I change my mind, don’t change let’s go now, Alex would love that.” He joked.

“Ha.Ha. Very funny.”

“Well I’m sure that outfit will get his attention.”

“I’m going now.” I laughed making my way upstairs to get changed.

----------

ALEX P.O.V:
I tried to keep my head straight throughout the day, but I couldn’t stop thinking about Sophia. She bolted out of the studio so fast, was it something I said? I was just trying to help. I held my iphone in my hand looking down at my contacts, more specifically Sophia. I kept fumbling with my phone trying to get up the balls to either call or text her. She’d probably screen my attempts I thought putting my iphone down on the table. Pussy.

“Daddy...”

“Yeah baby?” I said picking up Hannah who was trying to climb up the chair in front of me.

“Can you call Sophie?”

“W-what for Han?”

“I want Sophie to come over to watch the movie. She said we can’t go over to her place anymore.” She frowned.

“Oh... well did you see if that’s okay with everyone?” I asked making excuses. Hannah simply nodded her head and smiled.

“Umm, alright baby.” My response causing her to smile.

“Just not right now...I’ll call her later.” I agreed making up more excuses. I’m such a pussy.

“Thanks daddy!” She smiled jumping off the chair and running back to play with Rian. I tried to bring my focus back onto work but it was failing me miserably. Squire and Zack continued tracking while Keith and Rian were playing foosball and Matt was roaming around organizing our schedule. I turned over to Jack hoping he’d figure out something to get my mind off Sophia, but he left a couple minutes ago after feverishly texting someone. Fuck my life! I thought as I spun around in the chair.

A girl walked into the studio, she was a thin LA girl with long blonde hair. She was dressed in black shorts, an open blue flannel shirt, with a white tank top underneath, a hat and sunglasses. She was a pretty cute girl, but Sophia was cuter. I recognized the girl as the one from earlier in Sophia’s office.

“Squire!” She called hugging him from behind.

“Lana,” Squire smiled. “to what do I owe this honor” He joked.

“Funny. Soph needs you to lock up, she asked me if I could give her keys to you.”

“Ugh, sure... hey, is Sophia okay?”

“Yea, she will be. It’s the tabloids again.”

“Mmmmm. Poor girl can never catch a break. Well, send her my regards.”

“I will, later Squire.”

“Bye Lana.”

Lana was on her way out when she spotted me, she squinted her eyes a bit then walked over.

“You’re the guy from this morning, right, in Sophia’s office? Alex, right?”

“Umm yeah.” I said awkwardly putting out my hand. “Alex.”

“Lana.” She smiled taking it. “Hey, so can I talk to you in private for a sec?”

“I-ugh, I guess so.”

We stepped out of the studio room, and into the hall. For some reason I felt nervous, like she was going to interrogate me or something. I stood awkwardly and she kept smiling.

“Look, I know this is kinda weird, but like, I need to know for sure, you know?”

“Okay...” I responded a bit confused.

“What’s up with you and Soph? Are you guys friends, or are you like dealing, dating, what?”

“We’ll last time I checked we were friends.”

“What does that mean?”

“Nothing, we’re just friends.”

“Hmmm, see I don’t know if I buy that. Soph said you guys were friends but I thought she was hiding something, but now you’re the one who seems like they’re hiding something.”

“Look, Sophia and I are friends. She ran out on me this afternoon, so I thought she was mad at me, that’s why I said that. We’re not dating.”

“Oh. Okay. Sorry, I just wanted to know.” She said looking down.

“It’s okay.”

“She’s my best friend, and I know all the crap she’s been through, so I just wanted to protect her. She was so upset over being on all the tabloid covers with you this morning.”

“W-what? When did I become part of this?”

“You didn’t know?”

“Know what? She didn’t even tell my why she was upset.”

“This.” She said pulling out an “OK” magazine from her bag. “Look at the headline on the bottom left.”

“Bendeth a cheater? Spotted out and about with her new man?!” I read, staring at a picture of Sophia holding onto my arm on our way to Crown Bar last night. “What the fuck?”

“There’s more,” Lana frowned pulling out “Star” magazine. “Here.”

“Evan heartbroken. Sophia’s cheating affair revealed.” I read completely awestricken. “These are ridiculous. How could they even write this about her?”

“I know! She’s gotten shit before, especially after her break up with Evan but this is just too much.”

“So this is why she bailed on me?”

“Probably. She’s really sensitive about what people think and say about her.”

“Hmmm,” I mused trying to let this all sink in. I was on the cover of some stupid tabloids. They’re claiming Sophia was cheating on Evan with me. And apparently I’m dating Sophia but really, she can’t even look at me. Fuck me- oh and mom’s never going to let me hear the end of this if she spots me on the cover of one of those... Fucking great, just fucking great!

“Umm, Alex can I ask you a favour?” Lana asked softly breaking my thoughts. I nodded in response signaling for her to go on.

“Please don’t take this the wrong way, but... stay away from her.”

“You want me to do what?” I snapped back. I definitely wasn’t expecting that.

“Like publicly, even if you are just friends the media will just inflate it if they spot you two together.”

“I get what you’re saying but I’m sorry, I can’t. I’m not going to stay away from Sophia, don’t you think that would just hurt her more?”

“I know it’ll hurt her, but not as much as the papers will when this gets out of hand. You two were seen once, and this is already the backlash she’s getting.”

I didn’t say anything, I just thought about what Lana just said. I hate to admit it but she was right. That was just one time Sophia and I went out together, and it wasn’t even a real date. What am I supposed to do? I can't help but be attracted to Sophia and we work together. Plus Hannah adores Sophia. But then again, the last thing I want to do is hurt Sophia by sticking around having the tabloids spread a sorts of lies.

“Please, just think about what I said okay.” Lana called as she walked away. I sighed an leaned against the wall. I pulled out my iphone and stared at my contacts again.

I can’t make that kind of promise. If I did, I know I’d break it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kay so, I had to write this chapter three times to figure out how it should play out. It's kind of sketchy.

Subscribers where'd you go? I wanted to be friends /:

Links:
Sophia's pjs
Lana