Status: This is the only way I know how to inform you guys why I haven't updated/whats going to happen. http://www.mibba.com/journals/read/190084/

I Need Something More.

Jenna.

SOPHIA P.O.V:

Alex’s words echoed in my ears and I instantly dropped his hand. This woman, was Hannah’s mom?! She wasn’t anything that I had imagined. I always pictured Jenna to be this horrible person where her appearance would clearly reflect that but instead I was horridly surprised. Jenna was flawless. She had flowing blonde locks, and captivating dark, almost black eyes which were emphasized by her long mascara coated lashes. She was taller than I was but no comparison to Alex who managed to tower over us both. She had the looks of a model with her petite skinny frame, natural beauty and looked like the girl next door. Who am I kidding, of course this was Hannah’s mother, she was beautiful and they shared the same nose.

“Well are you just going to stand there?” Jenna questioned playfully, eyeing Alex with her cocktail in hand.

“Do you expect me to be happy to see you?” Alex spat.

“What?” She responded a little taken back.

“What do you want from me Jenna?” He snarled pulling the three of us to the corner of the bar, where we could have some privacy. “What do you want Jenna? You can’t honestly expect me to be happy to see you after what you’ve done.”

“I didn’t do anything!”

“You’re right Jenna, you didn’t do anything. You didn’t do anything when Hannah cried every night wondering what happened to her mommy. And you didn’t do anything to help when I had to go on tour, you weren’t there to do anything!” Alex hushed angrily toward Jenna.

“Oh please Alex, I just gave you a taste of what you did to me whenever you left to go on tour.”

“But I came back!” He almost yelled, pausing for a minute to calm down. “You left. Without warning, you didn’t even call, write or even tell anyone where you were! Do you understand the hell I went through when you left? Hannah still asks me why she doesn’t have a mom, do you know what its like to lie to her, tell her you don’t know? Of course not Jenna, you’ve been god knows where, not caring about anyone but yourself!

I watched the two of them argue and felt horrible for Alex. Jenna didn’t seem remorseful one bit for what had happened, she just sipped on her drink rolling her eyes. I couldn’t believe anyone could be as heartless as Jenna was acting, how could a person not care that they abandoned their child? But to answer that question, I guess all I’d have to do is as my mother. As much as I wanted to tell Jenna what a horrible thing she’s done, this wasn’t my fight, nor did I have any place in her affairs.

“What are you doing here anyways?” Alex sighed.

“I live here, I moved to L.A. after traveling for a couple months.”

“Typical.” Alex sneered. “You’re unbelievable you know that.”

Alex held his head tugging at his hair every so often in frustration from dealing with Jenna. I felt out place and knew I shouldn’t get involved in their fight. The two needed to talk this out. As much as I didn’t want to leave Alex with her, they needed to talk. I bit my lip and mustered up the courage to interrupt.

“Alex?” I called, but my voice let out his name a whisper not daring to be any louder. I carefully tugged his hand hoping I’d catch his attention and break the icy glare he was giving Jenna. “Alex...”

He paused for a moment, his dark eyes trailed from his hand to my own then up to my face. I felt a burning sensation overcome me from not only his stare but Jenna’s. It was no secret that I was intimidated by Jenna, she was beautiful and once had something I wanted most, Alex. She looked down her nose at me, her stare burning a hole in me while she squinted her eyes as if she recognized me.

“A-Alex, I’m going to go n-now. I, umm... I guess I’ll see you l-later--” I stumbled before being cut off by Jenna.

“Oh, now I know where I’ve seen you before.”

“S-sorry?”

“Hah, how cute, you don’t remember me do you?” She laughed bitterly.

“I-I’m sorry, I don’t.”

“I fucked your boyfriend.”

“What?!” Both Alex and I gasped.

“Don’t you remember hun, I was the one Evan cheated on you with.” She laughed again.

My mouth dropped to the ground at her words. In that instant, that night flashed into my mind. I had just opened Evan’s door to his apartment planning to make him diner since he said he had a meeting and would be coming home late that night, thus canceling our diner date. It was three days before our two year anniversary and I wanted to surprise him, but clearly the surprise was on me. I kicked off my heels and dropped off the groceries in his kitchen. I wanted to get comfortable since I drove straight to Evan’s apartment from work, so I made my way to his bedroom where he had kept a pair of pajama’s I left there. As I approached his room, I could faintly hear noises. I could barely make out the sounds until I opened his door and saw something I wish I never had. Evan was on top of her, kissing her with all their clothes except their undergarments littering the floor. I stood there for a minute in shock as I continued to watch Evan work his way to snapping her bra off. My eyes began to swell, while my throat dried up as it felt like it was closing. I watched my boyfriend leave a trail of kisses across her neck as he made his way towards her chest, I couldn’t breathe anymore- I felt like I was suffocating. His name escaped my lips in disbelief and he stopped dead in his tracks. I tore my eyes away from the scene I couldn’t even believe was real and slammed Evan’s door shut as I cried my way towards the front door of his apartment. Evan knew I had caught him and was hot on my trail as I grabbed my belonging shakily before running out his despite his attempts to call after me. Oh I remembered her, how could I forget, because right before I slammed the door of Evan’s bedroom, she looked at me, starred at me dead in the eye and smirked.

“Ironic isn’t it. How I fucked your boyfriend, now you’re fucking my ex fiance--”

“I...” I faltered.

“Jenna!” Alex cut in. “We’re not fucking we’re not even dating, we’re friends. And don’t talk to Sophia that way.”

“I-umm...” I tried again.

“Whatever Gaskarth, you and I both know you can’t just be friends with girls.”

“Well we are just friends. Not every girl can be like you and is a sl--”

“I-I have to go.” I finally called out before letting go of Alex’s hand that I had been tugging on before and weaving my way towards the exit despite Alex’s calls.

This was the second time I had walked away heartbroken to the satisfaction to Jenna. And still, as I turned away, that same smirk decorated her pretty face the way it did months ago, reminding me; she won.

----------

ALEX P.O.V:

I felt Sophia let go of my hand and turned around to see her bolt in the opposite direction towards the exit. I called her name in hopes of stopping her, but the crowd quickly separated us. I watched as Sophia turned around for a brief second once hearing her name. Although it was only for a second that she paused, I could see her lips pulled into a tight frown and her flustered cheeks stained with tears. I called after her again, but she was gone.

“You’re such a bitch Jenna!” I scolded, blaming Sophia’s tears on her.

“Oh please! Princess is just sensitive.” Jenna rolled her dark eyes as a smirk played across her face.

“She’s not a princess.”

“She is. And common, I was just kidding... well except the fucking her boyfriend part...”

“You’re unbelievable you know that?”

“What?!” Jenna defended. “You were never this protective when your friends would bash me, and I was your fiance.”

“I don’t have time for this. I need to find Sophia.”

“I thought you said you two were friends, so why are you treating her like a girlfriend?” Jenna spat.

“She is my friend. I’m sorry Jenna, that we all can’t be a cold hearted bitch like you.” I snarled before turning towards the exit.

“Alex!” I heard her behind me, as I made my way out of Beso ignoring her.

“Wow Alex so mature, you’re just going to walk away.” She called as she ran up beside me pulling me into the parking lot of the restaurant.

“I was planning on.”

“What do you want me to say Alex? I’m sorry I was mean to Sophia? I’m sorry I left because I felt like I was giving up my life in Maryland? We’ll I’m sorry Alex. I’m sorry that not all of us can be out there living our dream because of one drunken mistake!” Jenna cried, tears beginning to emerge.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I heard small whimpers escape Jenna’s mouth. I knew she was crying, and I knew it was my fault. It was always my fault. Guilt ran through me as she held her face in her hands and sobbed quietly. Although I tried to convince myself that I hated Jenna, there was still apart of me that, I don’t know, cared for her. I did what came natural and pulled her into the same hug I did when she told me she was first pregnant with Hannah. I held her tightly in my arms and stroked her feathery blonde hair as she continued to cry. Jenna may have thought having Hannah was a mistake, but I couldn’t disagree more. Although it was uncanny for people our age to be parents, I would never dream of Hannah being a mistake.

Jenna wiped away her tears as she calmed down. “Is she... okay?”

“Who?” I asked pulling away slightly.

“Hannah, i-is she... h-happy?” Jenna whispered, her head bowed down refusing to look anywhere else but the ground.

“Yeah, I think she is...” I responded not entirely sure what to say. Hannah always seemed happy with how everything is. The guys and I would bend over backwards to make sure she was happy, loved, had whatever she needed and was safe. But, I don’t know, I always felt like she needed more and felt guilty that I couldn’t give her what she wanted most, her mother.

Interrupting my thoughts, Jenna blurted out, “I-I want to see her.”

At that I fully let go of Jenna and stared at her in disbelief. After a year of neglecting Hannah, never calling, writing doing anything for her- now she wanted to see her?! All my anger resurfaced and I threw Jenna a nasty glare. “Are you fucking serious?”

“Y-yes!”

“You’re fucking unbelievable Jenna!”

“What?! Why are you so mad all of a sudden?”

“Because, after abandoning Hannah and never once attempting to contact her, you pick now- out of the blue to see her? Well fuck you Jenna. I’m not going to let you waltz back into Hannah’s life just to leave again and fuck her over.” I huffed before turning away to find a cab back to Sophia’s. “Have a nice fucking life Jenna.”

“Alex!” I heard her shout numerous times. As I was about to close the door of the cab I hailed she caught up. “She’s my daughter too!”

I scoffed at her comeback slamming the door in her face. She stared at me in disbelief and with tears brimming her eyes. Without remorse or another thought I gave her the finger as the cab pulled away. Jenna can go fuck herself if she thinks I’m going to let her devastate Hannah again, like she did a year ago. I’m not letting her hurt Hannah again, even if that means Hannah won’t get to see her mother again, it was a sacrifice I was willing to make.

I sat in the back of the cab calling and texting Sophia non stop, but with no reply. Both her home phone and cell phone would ring until the answering machine kicked in. I sent her texts but she hadn’t been responding to them. I sat nervously through the rest of the ride hoping Sophia was okay until the cab pulled into her condo.

It was just after 11pm when I paid the cabbie and made my way to Sophia’s condo. I waved to the security guards and felt like such a prick for letting Sophia go when she did. I still can’t believe Jenna said what she did to her.

As I stood on her porch I took note of the lights on inside knowing she was awake. I thought about turning back but the door swung open and there stood Sophia, but in no way I was expecting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Umm its a bit shorter than usual, but Alex's part needed to be divided into two chapters.
You'll see why... soonish.

Links: Jenna