Status: This is the only way I know how to inform you guys why I haven't updated/whats going to happen. http://www.mibba.com/journals/read/190084/

I Need Something More.

Flushed.

Sophia was mortified. Immediately she pulled back and dropped her hands tangled in Alex’s hair once hearing the presence of another person. Sophia imagined the worst as she recalled her current position, straddling Alex as they made their way through the bus. Yeah, that doesn’t look too good. She bit her lip in embarrassment as she had just been caught getting hot and heavy with one of her former co-workers.

Alex on the other hand merely growled dropping his face into Sophia’s neck, nipping on the skin once or twice. Rather than being humiliated, he was annoyed that someone would interrupt. Well that was until he heard the person speak.

“Alexander.” The voice spoke dully with a hint of a British accent in the voice.

Sophia felt Alex become stiff under her touch. He breathed in sharply now removing his hands from Sophia’s backside to place her gently onto the floor. Sophia hid behind Alex afraid to know who had just witnessed their little moment.

“Grand-mummy, why Daddy and Sophie be holding each other like that?” A little voice interjected.

If Sophia wasn’t completely humiliated as it was, it just got worst seeing as the person to catch the two of them was Hannah, along with another woman.

“I don’t know love, why don’t you ask your dad.”

Alex turned slowly to meet the woman, while Sophia continued to feel the fluster glowing on her cheeks, feeling like at any moment it could consume her body. Alex’s shoulders eased up slightly, but remained tensed as he addressed the woman.

“Mom, what are you doing here?”

Sophia almost fell back once she heard Alex call the woman his mom. Dear God! Sophia thought. She was just caught getting into it with Alex by his mother! Sophia mentally laughed at the irony of the whole situation thinking only this would happen to her in her adult life after successfully avoiding this kind of encounter in her teenage years. Granted in her teenage years she never dated until Evan a few years back, but she still couldn’t believe her luck.

“Your mate Rian let me in, I’m here to take Hannah home remember? I was supposed to pick her up today... But don’t be rude love. Introduce me to your lovely friend.” She scolded, before smiling towards Sophia taking cover behind Alex.

Alex only snickered knowing his mother had caught him in this situations multiple times before when he was back in high school. Alex assumed that by her casual attitude towards Sophia meant that his mother was so used to these scenarios she wouldn’t waste her energy on being upset. If it weren’t for Hannah being steps away, Alex might have just brushed passed his mother and picked up where he left off, should Sophia be willing.

Alex turned slightly whispering it was okay to Sophia before pulling her in front of him, hands on her hips, refusing to let go of her in any way. “Mom, this is Sophia Bendeth. Sophia this is my mum.”

“Call me Adelle dear.” Mrs. Gaskarth beamed. “Oh, Sophia? You mean the Sophia you and Hannah have been raving about?”

No one needed to answer Mrs. Gaskarth’s question, Hannah running and clinging to Sophia’s leg in a hug was a sufficient response. Sophia smiled lightly at Mrs. Gaskarth unsure of how to act- that was her son she was making out with a minute ago after all. As Sophia stooped down to pick up Hannah giving her a platonic kiss on the cheek, Mrs. Gaskarth’s smile continued to grow as she continued.

“Oh you’re just lovely darling. And quite fit might I add.” The last part directed towards Alex.

“Mum.” Alex warned, suddenly wishing he and his mother could speak another language so he could blatantly tell her to not say anything embarrassing.

“Hush son.” Mrs. Gaskarth scolded before instantly switching moods. “Sophia love, sit, sit.”

Sophia followed the directions of Mrs. Gaskarth still under a deep fluster from being the situation at hand. On the contrary to Sophia’s worries, Mrs. Gaskarth was unfazed by what she witnessed minutes ago and chatted up Sophia like nothing had happened.

“Sophia dear, you look flushed. Have you been outside in the sun all day?”

Sophia’s cheeks began to burn into a deeper shade than the one she was sporting, not wanting to answer Mrs. Gaskarth with a truthful answer. Yes Sophia had been out in the sun for a good portion of the day, but her flusher was primarily due to the fact that she was caught about to get down and dirty with Alex.

“Dear, maybe you need some water. And perhaps to lie down.” Mrs. Gaskarth worried, completely unaware of the effect she was having on Sophia.

Sophia merely nodded, still holding a napping Hannah in her arms. Mrs. Gaskarth insisted Sophia lie down and rest while she dragged her son with her to get some water and nourishment for the two sleeping figures waiting on the bus.

“She’s absolutely stunning dear.” Mrs. Gaskarth remarked to her son. “You always find women in the oddest places.”

“What does that mean?”

“Nothing love. Its just such a shame she hails from all the way out here in California while you and Hannah are settled in Maryland. I mean how do plan on making your long distance relationship work?--”

“Mum, we’re not in a relationship.”

“What?!” Mrs. Gaskarth choked back. “After your little display earlier, you can’t just expect me to believe that?”

“I’m serious mum, we’re not together. I don’t even know what happened earlier.”

“My God son! Please don’t tell me all those phone calls you spent all your time on back home, and saying I love you were to Jenna!”

“Are you crazy mum! I answered Jenna’s calls once, and that was to tell her she should stop calling!”

Mrs. Gaskarth placed a hand on her heart and closed her deep brown eyes in relief. She paused for a moment to collect herself in a refined manner. While Alex was home, Mrs. Gaskarth would constantly visit him, Hannah’s and Rian’s house to check up on Hannah. Its not that Mrs. Gaskarth didn’t trust her son- but was worried taking care of a child at his age would be quite the task. While she visited, Jenna called multiple times to the dismay of Mrs. Gaskarth. The last thing she wanted was for her son to be dealing with her again, especially after what she's done.

“You had me worried for a moment.” She started, clenching the cold water bottle in her hand tightly. “I was afraid she managed to weasel her way back into your lives. I mean, you know how I feel about her son.”

“I know mum, I know.” Alex sighed knowing full well what his mother meant. Jenna was never the polite, girl next door type his mother had always envisioned him settling down with- to be honest Jenna was the complete opposite. Sure Jenna was polite to Mrs. Gaskarth whenever they’d cross paths, but her mannerisms, language and behaviour was definitely sub par. Jenna was loud, slightly promiscuous, highly opinionative and quite the party-girl but in high school, what else would Alex want?

“But really son, you tell her you love her everyday- and you’re not a couple?” Mrs. Gaskarth continued, rounding back onto topic.

“Yes mum, we’re just really good friends.”

“But you fancy her, don’t you?”

“...”

“Oh common dear, you’d be mad if you didn’t.”

“Mum do we have to talk about this, you’re my mum for christsake.”

“And who better to talk to! Now common love, now tell me all about ‘er.”

Alex debated for a moment, he knew his mother would never let him hear the end of it if he lied and said no- she’s just a friend. But if he told her the truth, than that’d just be a can of worms he’d really rather not dive into with his mother.

“Son, you can’t expect me to take you seriously if you tell me you and Sophia are just mates when I saw you two earlier.”

Okay, looks like lyings out of the question then.

“Fine mum, I like her. Happy now?”

“Ah! I knew it!” She beamed. “And how does she feel about you?”

“Honestly mum, I have no idea.”

“Have you ever just asked her?” Mrs. Gaskarth asked, possibly pointing out the most obvious answer in Alex’s face. Of course he’s never asked her- that’d be too simple, to direct. His life was always complicated- to take the easy approach was never on his agenda, that and he’s never thought about it.

Maybe talking to his mum wasn’t such a bad idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you happy? I updated! (:
Sorry it was kinda crappy.

And Danielle! My msn died again. ;____;