Status: This is the only way I know how to inform you guys why I haven't updated/whats going to happen. http://www.mibba.com/journals/read/190084/

I Need Something More.

Falter.

A small breeze tousled Hannah’s feathery blonde hair as Sophia held her hand and guiding her through the openness of the park. Being as little and young as Hannah was, she never had much knowledge of what exactly her father did. Granted she knew he played music, but for the most part she hadn’t ever seen it from the other side, the audience perspective if you will.

Sophia held Hannah’s hand tightly to insure a sense of security with the big crowds and the little girl. To say Hannah was fascinated by the commotion would be putting it in layman’s terms. The mass of people, the signings, the booths, the volume- basically the environment of it all mesmerized Hannah. She took tiny steps as her head bounced from left to right, absorbing everything she possibly could with her dark brown eyes mimicking that of her fathers. On the contrary to Hannah’s nature- she remained quiet, walking along side Sophia as she marveled at the festivities.

“Sophie?”

“Yeah sweetheart?”

“What’s that big thing that goes in circles?” Hannah asked pointing to Sophia’s left.

“It’s a Ferris Wheel,” Sophia smiled. “Do you want to go on it?”

Hannah squeezed Sophia’s hand at the suggestion from a mixture of excitement and fear. “But Sophie, its so big. You promise its not scary?”

“Its fun. It gets a bit high, but it has a pretty view.”

“Like in Mawiboo?” Hannah asked referring to Butch’s house she and the boys stayed in above and out looking the beach.

“Yes sweetie.” Sophia giggled. “Like the view in Malibu, but a bit different.”

“Yay! Can we go with daddy too?”

“Sure kiddo.” Sophia smiled following Hannah’s lead around the park.

Holding Hannah’s unfamiliar hand, Sophia noted that the little girl she met months ago had been growing up before her eyes. Hannah’s feathery blonde hair gained an inch or two as did her height. Her speech had improved and her voice was loosing the babyish tone toddlers had. Sophia’s heart began to swell at the thought of the little girl growing up, Sophia just wished Hannah could be her breezy-carefree-innocent self forever.

----------

Alex walked along side his mother contemplating her words as they searched the crowds for Sophia and Hannah. Mrs. Gaskarth kept pestering her son with the thought of Sophia, driving him absolutely insane because he rather be doing her than talking about her.

“Really son, this is so unlike you. Typically you’d have bedded her months ago--”

“Oh my god! MOM!” Alex cut in, embarrassed by the fact his mother was speaking of this in such a casual manner.

“I am just so proud you actually got to know the girl first before having sex--”

“Ew, stop!”

“What?”

“You’re not allowed to say that word.”

“You mean SEX?” Mrs. Gaskarth mocked her son.

“Mum!”

“Oh please son, like I didn’t know what was going on back in the day.” Mrs. Gaskarth said, narrowing her eyes at her son.

“This is so gross.”

“Its not my fault you didn’t have the decency to wait until your father and I actually left the house before you--”

“Mum! Please!”

“You are so immature son.”

“Its not that, its just gross cause you’re my mom.”

“Fine, I’ll drop it.” She smirked before adding in the word “Sex.” One more time, just to annoy him.

Alex cringed at the filthy word that just had escaped his mothers mouth before continuing around the park. His mother was right though, Sophia was the first girl Alex hadn’t immediately slept with. Although Alex wanted nothing more than to have his way with Sophia there was more than the physicality of being with Sophia that he wanted, he wanted her. There was no other way he could describe it, he just wanted for Sophia to be his.

It was that very thought which sprung him back to what his mother said earlier, how did Sophia feel about him? Alex knew that what the two of them had was more than just a friendship, the kiss proved that- it was now a matter of gambling his pride and laying out his emotions, something Alex hated to do. As much as Alex was irritated with his mother at the moment, she was right. He needed to ask Sophia how she felt, and he had to do it today.

“Alexander, where are you going?” Mrs. Gaskarth’s voice shrilled, snapping Alex out of his train of thought. He paused, turning to his mother, now realizing he was walking towards the empty parking lot away from the crowds where Sophia and Hannah would be found.

“Goodness, where is your head today?” His mother continued to joke, leading her son back to the commotion of Bamboozle. Alex followed his mother, instantly spotting a tiny girl with feathery blonde hair accompanied by a gorgeous brunette holding the petite blonde’s hand. Mrs. Gaskarth noted her son’s gaze, leading her dark brown eyes to the same pair Alex watched.

Sophia held Hannah’s hand cautiously as she continued to marvel at the park. The pair were currently in line at a cotton candy booth to get some for Hannah. The little girl tugged on Sophia’s hand grabbing her attention. Looking at Hannah, she had removed her hand from Sophia’s and spread her arms apart indicating she wanted to be picked up. Sophia obliged now balancing Hannah on her hip so that Hannah got a better view of her surroundings rather than her vision being obstructed by the feet of the crowds.

Hannah continued to bob her head from left to right, absorbing as much as her brown eyes could take, smiling once they found a few familiar faces.

“Daddy!” She squeaked wrapping her arms around his neck to give him a hug over Sophia’s shoulder. “Grammy!” She beamed again, following the same routine and placing a sloppy kiss on Mrs. Gaskarth’s cheek.

“Hello darling.” The aged woman smiled whole-heartedly. “Sophia.”

“Hi” Sophia shied away, still embarrassed from earlier.

“Darling, why don’t you let me take Hannah.” Mrs. Gaskarth worried. Oh and here’s your water sweetheart, you still look a little flushed.”

“Thank you Mrs. Gaskarth.” Sophia smiled lightly, delicately handing Hannah to her grandmother.

“Please, its Adelle.” She continued to smile. Before turning to her son and made strange gestures with her head and exaggerating her eyes while Sophia wasn’t paying attention.

Alex shook his head at his slightly deranged mother, fully understanding what the woman was trying to say without speaking. He rolled his eyes and mouthed ‘later’ to his mother causing her to scoff at the temporary cowardice of her son. ‘Just do it’ Adelle mouthed towards her son, while Hannah acted as a cover leaning forward to grab the bag of blue and pink cotton candy Sophia purchased for her. Alex shook his head ignoring his mother once again.

“Oh dear.” Mrs. Gaskarth began. “I believe I left my hand bag inside the bus.”

“I’ll get it for you, Mrs. Ga-- Adelle. I left mine there too.” Sophia offered.

“Alex,” Mrs. Gaskarth spoke towards her son. “Love, go with her won’t you? It is your bus after all. Hannah and I will wait here.”

“Of course mother.” Alex spoke in a dull fashion, knowing exactly what his mother was doing. She could care less about her purse at the moment, she just wanted Alex and Sophia to be alone together. “We’ll be back soon.”

“Take your time love!” Mrs. Gaskarth called behind the walking pair.

Sophia followed anxiously, a step or two behind Alex. There was an established silence between the two as they approached the bus, neither wanting to start the conversation- especially after what happened earlier. Alex opened the door and gestured for Sophia to go in first. The tension was rising between the two as they re-traced familiar steps throughout the bus, except this time- they weren’t attached at the lips.

Sophia found her bag first, clearly remembering the spot beside the couch, where she dropped it once Alex fumbled with the dividing door when they came stumbling in. If Sophia remembered correctly, that was when Alex began tugging at her shorts gripping her hips in a slightly rough manner. Sophia swallowed hard stepping back, flushed as she remembered the moment.

“Oh sorry--”

“You okay?” Alex asked, placing his hands on Sophia’s hips to keep her balance as she had just stumbled backwards, pressing her back against Alex’s chest. His words loomed over Sophia’s right shoulder seemingly unnecessarily, but he needed that proximity breach- Alex wanted so badly to be that close to Sophia again. He too remembering where they left off an hour or two ago.

“Fine.” Sophia’s breath shook, as the heat she felt earlier rose inside of her under Alex’s touch. It was clear to both of them, the tension the two had before never left- it just submersed until they were alone together again.

Alex selfishly let his hands linger for a moment longer before releasing Sophia. Neither prepared for what they both knew was coming next.

Silence.

“So-- Did you--” The two spoke at the same time.

Pause.

“Go head-- You first--” The two cut each other off again.

Pause.

“Soph-- Alex--”

They both paused waiting for the other. Alex waited for Sophia to say something first- but after her silence was apparent, he started.

“Soph,” He started taking in a deep breath and resting his eyes for a moment. “I think we should- well need to... you know. Talk about it.”

Sophia merely nodded while taking a seat on the couch beside them, knowing exactly what Alex was getting at. This was clearly a conversation the two of them needed to have, after a kiss- no, the many kisses they had earlier there was no going back. They weren’t friends anymore- how could they after the sparks went flying and the passion erupted between the two, almost escalating to a higher form of bliss?

“I need you to listen okay? But once I’m done, I’m going to ask you a question- and I need you to answer it honestly, no matter how much you may be afraid to.” Alex said, his frustration now melting into sincerity as he reached over and held Sophia’s hand resting on her lap. “Do you think you can do that for me?”

Sophia nodded again, squeezing his hand in hers for reassurance.

“I-I think we both know what happened earlier. Not the thing with my mum and Hannah, but between y-you and I.” Alex took another breather to collect his thoughts. He wasn’t prepared for this, but then again no matter how much he ever thought he would be prepared- he wouldn’t be. Not when it came to talking about his feelings that is. “Soph, you know I love you- and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t attracted to you. You may not think you’re perfect, but you’re perfect t-to me.”

At his words Sophia bit her lip. She thought they were just going to talk about the kiss- she wasn’t ready for this talk. But as Alex continued, her breath shallowed as her heart beat increased, pounding hard against her chest. No one had ever spoke so highly and admirably about her in the way Alex did- not even Evan. It wasn’t that Evan hadn’t called her beautiful before, but the way he said it in contrast to Alex was cheap. Instead of using the descriptions Alex so sweetly used, Evan’s descriptions seemed juvenile with a misogynistic undertone. Considering Evan was the only male experience Sophia had under her belt, to say she was unprepared for this conversation was a grave understatement.

“Now you know how I feel about you. I need to know, how do you feel a-about me?”

Here it was, laid out in front of her- the ball was in her court. Although Alex anticipated her pause for thought, he was never the less worried. He had just proclaimed he had feelings for Sophia, describing them in a way beyond the friend zone the two felt so comfortable in and crossing over into a forbidden area among friends.

“I-I-umm.” Sophia stuttered, trying to build up the courage to say what she needed in order to answer Alex honestly.

“I l-love you, y-you know that.” She began stuttering, sucking in another deep breath playing with Alex’s hands, trying to calm herself. “B-but the thing is. The, umm. I... I...”

Sophia paused. She needed to calm her nerves- she had never done this before. No, that was a lie, she had- but it just never meant this much to her.

“I don’t j-just love you Alex.” He became restless at her words, he knew she was nervous and not to rush her as she paused for another second. Alex began doubting the timing of this. Maybe this was too soon for her? Sophia was so fragile, so naive, so... innocent, maybe this was happening too fast for her.

“A-Alex,” Sophia started again, ready this time. “I don’t just love you. I-I think I might be in love with y-you.”