I Wouldn’t Love You Even If You Were a Rockstar

From Storm to Mrs. Jonas

It was now Friday, a week after Joe and I saw each other. We haven’t seen each other for a week, so you could tell that I was surprised to receive a call from him that morning.

“So you’re practically asking me out on a date?” I asked him in a bored tone through the receiver.
“Well, yes, if you want to…” he said awkwardly. I smiled, and thought about where we should go.
“Sure! How about tonight at 6 o’ clock?” I said to him, checking my nails.
“Yeah, I know this great steak house.” He said. I could practically hear him smiling through the phone.
“Great, see you then?” I said as Krysha came in to the living room, where the house phone was. She raised her eyebrows at me and continued her way to the kitchen.
“Yeah, see you later.” He said and we both hung up.

I went into the kitchen and had bacon, eggs, and toast on my plate. I looked over at Krysha who was cooking and humming to herself. She put the food on her plate and sat next to me. I started to dig in and she ate daintily.

“Krysha, is anything wrong?” I asked her after swallowing.
“No, it’s just that…” she sighed and took a sip of her orange juice.
“Tell me, Kry, I could help you.” I offered. She smiled at me gratefully.
“You know the guy that asked me out on the date a week ago?” she started. I nodded and she played with her food.
“Well, his name is Carlos and he’s from Spain. He asked me if I could be his girlfriend after dating him for a week every night and I said I’ll think about it.” She told me. I jumped up and gave her a tight hug.
“So is it a yes or a no?” I asked her, going back to the seat.
“I think I might say yes,” she smiled. I smiled back at her and took a mouthful of toast.
“You know, I’m gonna be on a date with Joe later in the evening.” I said after swallowing.
“So you said yes?” she squealed. I nodded happily and we were both excited with our dates later.

After clearing away the dishes and straightening out stuff here and there, Krysha left for work. She needed to work so she could get some money to send to her family back home. She told me that she’ll be back at 5 in the afternoon so we could get ready for our dates.

I just relaxed at home, went on the computer, and watched TV for the next half hour. I got bored so I decided to get changed into my swimsuit and have a swim around the pool. I put on a baggy pink shirt that went up to mid-thigh, got a huge fluffy pink towel and went into the elevator. I brought my phone with me, just in case someone called. It was still early, so no one was there yet. Besides, only a few people live in my building since it only has 10 units, with the most of the owners are wealthy business men and women who mostly travel around the world and don’t have families of their own. I dived into the blue and green-tiled pool smoothly, and swam back up again. I just swam around for a few minutes until I heard my phone ring.

Forget about the shit that we’ve been through-

“Hello?” I answered my phone without looking at the caller ID.
“Hi, Storm!” a cheerful voice said in the other line. I sat down on a sunbathing chair and pulled the phone away from my ear, looking at the screen. Jazzy-- The name made my heart skip a beat.
“Err…hi Jasper.” I said awkwardly. After turning down his marriage proposal and breaking up with him to marry someone else, I think he’ll be pretty mad.
“Listen…about what happened a week ago, I am so sorry. I-“he started, but I cut him off.
“Jasper, I’m sorry, too. Actually, I should be the only one saying sorry.” I said.
“You are forgiven, but can I ask you something?”
“Sure,”
“Why did you break up with me?” my eyes widened when he said that.
“It’s because…I think that there’s someone else out there who really are for us. We weren’t right for each other, Jasper. I figured out that I had to move on. Move on to someone whom I know who is Mr. Right, not Mr. Perfect like you.” I said, tears forming in my eyes. If only he knew how much it hurts to say that.
“Oh. Well, I have to go, Storm.” And with that, he hung up. I put my phone down and dived back into the pool.

After about 30 minutes, I noticed my skin was getting wrinkly, so I went out of the pool. I went back to my room and changed into blue ripped jeans and a black Ramones t-shirt. I watched a few movies, had lunch, and waited for Krysha to come home. The doorbell rang and I ran to it, almost falling down the stairs in the process. I opened the door excitedly to see Krysha, but saw Joe instead, holding out another bouquet of Lilacs for me. The one last week had already dried up, so I threw it away, but I still kept the card. ;)

“Hey, Joe,” I said to him cheerfully and let him in.
“Hi, these are for you.” He said, holding out the flowers shyly. I took them while smiling and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.
“Thank you so much, Mr. Jonas.” I said, and replaced the flowers on the hallway table vase with the ones that Joe just gave. I took the card out and read it: ‘I hope you won’t be the reason for the ‘Teardrops on My Guitar’.
“Don’t call me Mr. Jonas, since that is my father. I’m Joe.” He said and let himself in. I smiled at him as I got us some drinks while we watched TV.
“Hey, about the date later, could you wear something semi-formal?” he asked me.
“Why?” I asked him as I munched on a potato chip.
“Just because.” He said and continued watching the TV. I nodded and we finished eating the bag of potato chips. I looked at the clock: 4:47pm.
“Joe, shouldn’t you get going?” I asked him.
“Yeah, I should.” He stood up and brushed off his hand on his pants.
“See you later.” I called as he went out.
“See ya!” he waved at me as the elevator doors closed.

When I sat down on the couch, the doorbell rang again. I groaned and opened the door. Krysha was standing there, holding her purse in one hand and a shopping bag on the other. She squealed and pushed her way in and dumped the contents of the shopping bag. A black dress, a white pair of pumps and white accessories poured out of it. Krysha shoved it into my arms and pushed me into my bedroom.

“Hurry up and you’ll see what I’m gonna wear for tonight!” she called from the other side of the door as I changed into what she gave me. I looked at myself after that, twirling around in front of my full-body mirror.

My dress was a halter neck and black with white linings under the chest area. The white pumps fit it perfectly and the white accessories mixed it all. Krysha knocked on my door and let herself in. She was wearing a white and red strapless dress which hugged her curves perfectly and stopped mid-thigh, red high heels with red lipstick and black eyeliner. She made me sit down on a chair in front of my dresser and started to put on my make-up. Once she was finished, let’s just say I wasn’t the normal Storm anymore. She made me lose my smoky eyes and put on a neat line of eyeliner under my eye, silver eye shadow, a stroke of blush, and a thin coat of lip gloss over my lips.

“There,” she said once she was finished.”That is the real Soraya Leah Simmons.”
“Really, Krysha?” I asked her, admiring myself from the mirror.
“Yeah, Soraya Leah Simmons, soon to be Jonas.” She gave me a smile and hug, and went out of my room.

I looked at myself in the mirror. This is how I will look like in the future when I finally marry Joe. I would have to be a completely different person. I’ll be looked up to with the little girls who are fans of the Jonas Brothers. I can’t be myself anymore, then. I will not be Storm anymore, but I will be Soraya Leah Simmons-Jonas. The girls will know me as the person who stole Joe away from them, and the world will know me as Mrs. Jonas.

“Good-bye Storm and hello Mrs. Jonas, I guess.” I said to myself as I heard the doorbell ring, signaling that Joe already came.
♠ ♠ ♠
In case you guys haven't noticed it yet, the cards will have songs quoting them =)

Thanks to Skatergirl JT ; jacky.loves.your.mom ; Mrs-Mikey-Way ; xXunleashthebatsXx (!!) I love you for the comments =) THANK YOU BY LOADS

I'm thankful I got the time to do this so fast =)

THANK YOU

comment/subscribe/stars = makes my day