Glimpse Of Heaven

Chapter 001

Harlowe observed how the wind blew against the red petals that hung stuck to the stem of the rose she held in her hand. She watched how many kept being thrown to adorn the coffin where his now lifeless body rested.

Hot tears streamed down her face as she watched how they kept burying it. Deeper and deeper, and farther from her heart, physically, but in reality, he will always be the closest one to her soul.

They threw dirt on top, like if he wasn't worth anything anymore. Like if he were filthy.

She didn't notice that her knees gave up on her, until she felt a pair of strong arms wrap themselves around her, scoop her back to the air. "I'm here," Nick's voice said, but the constant trembling of his chest, told her he was breaking down in sobs too.

The fact that today Harlowe was burying the love of her life, was yet to sink into her head. She said to herself that it was is just a nightmare, a terrible nightmare that it's only purpose was to torture her for a while longer, and she could deal with that, as long as she got to wake up.

"This isn't real, this isn't real. I'll wake up in a couple of minutes gasping for air. He'll be besides me, telling me it was just a nightmare, that he's never leaving me," she repeated over and over again as Nick soothed her back, trying to keep his own composure.

"Harlowe, this is real," he whispered, hugging her tighter, but she managed to pull back abruptly from his body. "He is no longer with us."

"How dare you say your brother is dead Nicholas!" Everybody snapped their heads towards them. "How can you be so heartless as to say such a thing! That is not his body their burying. This is just a prank. You can come out now Joe! We all believed it. This has got to be your best yet!"

People looked at her with pity. They knew about her long time relationship with Joseph Jonas. The whole world new it. They went public about it when their relationship hit two years.
What Harlowe didn't know was that Joe was ready to pop the question. He was just waiting for the right day... the night of their anniversary, which was in a month.

"Let's get you home, Harley," Nick whispered in her ear, while she tried to catch her breath. "You need to breathe. Joseph wouldn't have–"

"Do not talk about him like if he were gone! He is not gone Nicholas! You listen to me!"

Soon; Kevin, Mr. Jonas and Mrs. Jonas, joined in trying to console her. They were heartbroken too, but apparently, nothing like how Harlowe felt.

Harlowe felt weak. She could no longer walk. She could no longer breath.
She fell limp into Nicholas arms, as he carried her towards the bed of his own house.

He stared at her. The mere sight of her, made the memories flood through his head.
Memories of his brother.
How he would always consult his older brother Joe a.k.a. Danger for advice even on the silliest things, but since Joe truly cared about his younger brother, only gave him his very best.

Nick couldn't hold back the tears as he saw his brother's love in front of him. In a peaceful sleep, just like the one Joe seemed to be taking the last moment Nicholas saw him.

Nick walked towards the privacy of his own room.
Joe would have been stronger, he thought. If he were the one on his position.
That was the only thought running through his head.

On the other side of the house, Harlowe felt a pair of eyes burn into her body.
She shifted carefully, opening her eyes and adjusting them to the room. One she quickly recognized as Nick's guest room.

She began to take around her surroundings, when the thought invaded her mind, but not before she noticed a male's arm resting beside her.

Harlowe recognized it very well. But it only scared her.
So it was just a dream?

"Hey," Joe breathed and her eyebrows united in her forehead.
Everything seemed so real, but it was all fake? She wasn't sure.

"Joe?"

He didn't answer, he only ran towards the walk-in closet in a rush, just in time when Nick opened the door, looking completely distressed.

"Do you want something to eat? We can go out and grab a bite," Nick whispered silently and Harlowe didn't know exactly what to answer.

"Sure, I'll just ask Joe if he wants to come too," she smiled weakly up to him.
Nick stared at her confused, if more worried. He bit his lip, trying to ease the way of telling her, that Joe wasn't here anymore. That she needed to accept the fact.
He wasn't sure of what the right thing to say was, so he just let it pass this time.

"I'll wait for you downstairs," he mumbled, shutting the door behind him.

Harlowe walked slowly towards the closet, gasping at the sight in front of her.
There was nobody in there.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter goes to my cake! She was really excited to read this and well, she gave me all of her support so this is for you. And girl, stay strong. You know you can do whatever you decide to do, you mold your life, nobody elses.

So, are you guys catching were this story is going? It will get more clearer by the second, if not, just ask!
I'm really excited for this, and banners are highly welcomed.

Much love and thanks!
Lady.Lovebug