I Hate the Fact I Love You

Why can't I have my own Edward Cullen's?

Image

"OK guys, are you ready?" Denise asked us and we nodded. "You sure, we can't come back. Especially you Mandy. Make sure you have everything" she walked out as we went through our bags. She came back to check on us. We had everything we wanted and needed. With that, we left. We drove for about three hours. This trip couldn't be any more boring. "Hey grumpy" Joe patted my head, and I swatted his hand away. "Watcha reading?" I ignored the question being I was all into the book. "Hello?" he waved a hand in front of my face. I ignored his actions for about two minutes, then I gave in. "New Moon"
"What's that about?"
"A vampire"
"What about the vampire"
"Why are you talking to me?"
"Why? Are you annoyed?"
"Duh!"
"Than my work here is done" he walked away and I hit. "Ow! What was that for?" he yelled "For being an idiot!" I yelled back getting back to my book. Why can't I have my own Edward Cullen's? Joe walked out and his brother walked in. "Someone just kill me!" I whispered to myself and Nick heard. "Why?" he asked and I rolled my eyes. Are they that stupid? "Do I seriously have to explain?" I raised an eyebrow. "Not really" he sat on his bed. He grabbed a notebook and a pencil. He laid down and started writing.

"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side" I closed the book. Best book I have ever read. I NEEDED to get eclipse. I looked to my side and Nick was still writing, crossing out and erasing. I was so curious. 'What are you writing?" I asked and his eyes separated from the notebook and locked with mine. His chocolate brown eyes were so deep. He looked at me for about two seconds and answered. "A song" His eyes left mine and went back to the book.

What was happening to me? Why did I just feel weak for a second? I didn't want him to go back to the notebook, I wanted all his attention. Why? Why did I want him to be focused on me? He's the enemy. The person I despise the most. Either way I felt as if I needed to talk to him. The same need as I had on getting the next book. "What's it about?" he didn't look at me, which made me disappointed. He answered staring at his writing "A girl" his voice was so soft and gentle. OK, snap out of it Mandy! He's the enemy! Don't get any crazy ideas! Besides, what's SO great about Nick Jonas?!

I didn't ask any further questions. I put my earphones in and turned my Ipod on. I stared at the wall thinking. I couldn't have feelings for Nick. Out of all of them, Nick? He tortured me for six, miserable years, and he still is. My hate for him use to be a solid rock. Now it felt as if the rock was cracking, bit my bit my hate was leaving my side. I knew being around them 24/7 would do this to me. And for some reason Nick was the one that caught my attention. As I was thinking I heard his voice through the music. I took the earphones out "What?"
"How was the book?"
"Good, really good! Why?"
"I wanted to see if you liked it as much as me" he was still staring at the paper. Not one insult in...fifteen minutes. Wait! Did he just say he reads Twilight books? "You read the series?"
"Yeah. They're really good" he paused, and neither of us said a word. Then he spoke. "You want eclipse?" my eyes shot open. "Is this some type of joke?" I asked. My hate came back. There was no possible way he would give me the thing I wanted the most right now. Especially for free.

"No, I already read it and I don't really need it" he said as he got up. He went to his bag and pulled out the book. He walked towards me and handed it to me. "It's going to explode, isn't it?" I asked. Why was he being so nice? "No. I just thought you would want it" he said as I grabbed the book. I flipped through it and it was in perfect condition. "Why are you giving this to me?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders. "Just showing you that every Jonas has some good in them. Just don't tell Joe and Kevin, they will kill me" he said as he sat on his bed and went back to his lyrics. I opened the book. The first sentence dragged me into the story

"Yeah, I miss you too. A lot.
Doesn't change anything. Sorry.

Jacob"

I read out loud. I read a couple of pages and glanced at Nick who was too into his song to notice anything. "Finished" he said after about an hour. "I wish I could say the same" I said as I looked at the page I was on. "Can I see?" I asked him. Since when was I so nice? "Depends, are you going to make fun of it?" he asked and I laughed. "I promise" I grabbed the notebook.

[1st Verse]
You just don't know it It's getting hard to say hello You just don't know it I'm on the edge of crossing
the line I don't want to blow it, or show it Before you know you're mine You just don't know it

[Chorus]
Oh, you won't see me break Won't make that mistake Oh no I'll just walk away There too much at stake
right now I go on and on Singing this song about you And that's what's wrong with this song

[2nd Verse]
Can you feel it? In the way I look at you. Girl, can you hear it? I'm crying out inside I don't want to
see you Be near you You're a million miles too close

[Repeat Chorus]

[Bridge]
You don't know the way I feel So I'll stay alone

[Repeat Chorus]

I read it in my head. "That's really good" I said as I handed it back to him. He gave me a confused look. "Your being nice. Why?" he asked as he took the book back. "You gave me the book. Don't get use to it" I sat back on my bed. "Who is she?" I asked as I read. "What are you talking about?"
"That song is about someone"
"Yeah"
"Who?"
"Noone important" I set my book down. "You wrote a song about her. She HAS to be important" I said and he shrugged his shoulders. "Don't worry about it" he said as he left. This kid really needs to get his life together.

*Nicks POV*

Snap out of it! Ugh! Why me? Out of all of us, it HAD to be me! I couldn't believe this! The song was suppose to be about us hating her, how did it go to me liking her? "Hey Nicholas. What's that?" I heard Joe's voice behind me. "Nothing, I just wrote some lyrics down" I handed him the notebook. "Awesome! Who is she?" he asked me and I shrugged. "Noone." he gave me a yeah-right look. "I'm serious!" I said and he laughed. "What ever you say Nicholas" he said as he walked into the bathroom. He was in there for two seconds then he poked his head out again "It isn't Mandy. Right?" he asked "Of course not!" I was lying through my teeth. "Good. By the way, mom said to get a good night sleep because we have a concert tomorrow" he said and his head went back into the bathroom. I walked into our room and sat in my bed.

"Where are we stopping first?" A voice startled me and I jumped a little. "Geez, calm down. It's only me" Mandy said as she sat on her bed "Oh. Sorry. Ummm...I think Nevada. I'm not sure yet" I said as I sat down. "What's wrong with you?" she asked me. "Nothing" I answered. "I may hate you, but I know when something is wrong" she sat next to me. "Tell me. I promise I won't say anything" she said and I thought for a second. "It's nothing. Just the whole feud between us is getting to me" I said and gave me a confused look.
"But you're the ones that started it"
"I know. I'm sorry. This whole thing is getting to me" I wasn't lying. I was just not telling the truth. "If you stop. I'll stop." she said and I couldn't believe it. "Are you serious?" I asked and she nodded. "Don't you think I'm tired of it too?" she asked me and I nodded. "I'll try to talk Joe and Kevin out of it" I said and she smiled. "Thanks" she said as I got up and walked back to the kitchen.

What did I just do? I just told her that I'd try to talk my brothers into being her friends. Me and my stupid feelings! Might as well just tell them to pick on me now! Why did I say that? Out of all the stupid things to say! "Hey" I heard Kevin. "What's the matter with you?" he asked. "Nothing. Hey Kev, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked and he nodded as he sat at the table and I sat across from him. "What's up?"
"Well, your going to laugh at this, but I sort of told Mandy we'd lay off on the jokes"
"I'm not laughing" he said in a serious and unsarcastic voice "Why would you tell her that?!" he said a little too loud. Loud enough for Joe to hear. "Say what?" he came out of the bathroom drying his hair with a towel. "He told Mandy we'd be nice to her!" Kevin blurted out. "What?! Are you serious?!" Joe pretty much yelled. "What has been up with you? First I see you talking to her, then I see you giving her stuff, now your promising her our kindness?!" Joe said. "Why?" he asked
"Why are you spying on me?" I avoided his question with one of my own. "Why are you being nice to her?" he repeated his words. I thought for a moment. I couldn't tell them!

"You didn't answer!" Joe said. I couldn't tell them! I'd be dead! "She was being nice to me, so I was nice back! Sue me!" I yelled "Nick, just tell us. Trust me, we already know!" Kevin told me and I looked at him confused. As I was about to answer our mom came in. "OK boys, we're here. Come on, we have to get to the hotel." She said as she got off the bus. Joe followed her. I was going to follow them but Kevin grabbed my arm. "What?" I pulled it away. "Don't give me an attitude lover boy" he said as he walked out. My mouth hung open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! And thanks sarah for the banner! I love it sooooooo much!!!! I'll post it next chap!! Message/rate!