I Hate the Fact I Love You

Secrets can't be kept forever

Image

"What's the matter with you?" I asked Nick as I stepped out of the bus. He was standing there in complete shock. I shrugged my shoulders as I followed Denise to the hotel. We all got our rooms. Thank goodness I was sharing a room with Denise. Nick was sharing one with Joe and Kevin was sharing one with hid dad. "Mandy, you ok?" she asked me and I nodded. "Why wouldn't I be?" I took out some of my clothes from the bag. "I know the boys have been torturing you, and I'm very sorry" she said and I smiled. "Don't be. They're the ones torturing me, not you" I said and she smiled back. We were unpacking and we heard a knock at the door. "Come in" Denise yelled and the door opened.

"Hey mom, can I talk to Mandy real quick?" I heard Nick's voice ask. "It's up to her" Denise looked at me and I nodded. I walked out with him. "What happened?" I asked. "The guys called me crazy and they said I could lay off but they won't" he told me and I shrugged my shoulders. "You tried. I didn't actually think you would bother. Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked this question multiple times. "I don't know. Why are YOU being so nice to me?" he hit me with the same question.
"Because I'm a nice person, and..." I didn't finish "And what?" he asked me and I shook my head. "Nothing, it's nothing" I said but he kept on insisting. "Come on, tell me" I sighed. "I can't. Just forget about it" I said and he stopped.

"If you tell me, I'll tell you." he said "You'll tell me what?"
"I'll tell you the real reason I'm being nice to you"
"No, it's fine"
"Come on Mandy. We're barely enemies."
"And?"
"Let's see how much you actually trust me"
"Fine, but you go first" I said and he gave me a croocked smile. "Okay" he took a deep breath. "I've been having feelings" he said and I had a bewildered look on "What kind of feelings?" I asked and he took an even bigger sigh. "About you" I still had no clue what he was talking about. "I don't hate you anymore. I sort of like you. I mean LIKE you, like you" my eyes shot open. "Is this some kind of joke?" I asked him and he shook his head. "It's not. I'm serious" he told me. "Now it's your turn" he changed the subject. "I was going to say the same thing" I told him and he was in shock.

"Now I know your joking with me" I shook my head. "I'm not. But we can't be friends, never mind anything else" I said as I walked away and I felt him grab my arm. "Says who?" I heard him say as he turned me around. "We both know why"
"Then explain 'cuz I don't"
"Nick, have you lost it? Your brothers hate me!"
"So? It's my decision, not theirs! Besides, they don't need to know" he said and I looked up at him. "What do you mean they don't have to know, they'll eventually find out" I said and he shook his head. "Not necessarily"
"Nick, no"
"Why not?"
"Because, If they find out, your dead. Sorry" I walked away. "I don't care" he ran in front of me. I thought for a second. "Ok, but only if you can give me a reason why you all of a sudden like me." I said and I watched him as he thought of an answer. "I don't know, I've just never felt this way before" he said. "What are you talking about? You could get any girl you want, but you go after the one that's going to cause you problems?" I asked him and he laughed. "I know right" he put an arm around me as he walked. I rolled my eyes. I know. I thought we hated eachother too.

We walked back to the hotel hand in hand. When we hit the third floor we glared at eachother. Joe and Kevin passed us and carried Nick away.

*Nicks POV*

"What?!" I yelled as I got out of their grasp. "Dude chill" joe said as he sat on his bed. "What did you do that got Mandy so mad?" Joe asked me and I shrugged my shoulders. "She's naturally mad at me" I said and Joe laughed. "Guys I'm going to go downstairs for a sec, I'll see you later" he said as he left and I looked at Kevin. "Hot girl" he told me and I laughed. "Hey kev"
"Yeah?"
"Why did you call me a loverboy before?"
"Because I'm not an idiot. I know when you're flirting with a girl."
"What girl?"
"Mandy!" he yelled at me. I looked at him in shock. "Nick this isn't a game! How could you like her? She's mean and cruel and weird and...just her" he shivered. I glared at him. "Dude you're talking about my..." I couldn't tell him. "Your what?" he asked me and I shook my head. "Nick" he said and I sighed. "Only if you promise not to tell Joe" I said and he nodded. "My...girlfriend" he was in shock. "Did I hear you right?" he asked me and I nodded as I smiled.

"Joe will kill you!" he explained and I nodded. "And Mandy's going to kill me for telling you" I said and he laughed. "She won't kill you...she's going to kill me for making you tell me" he said and I laughed as well. Kevin was taking this a lot better than I thought he would. Hopefully this was a good thing.

*Mandy's POV*

I walked in and saw Denise reading on her bed. "Hey sweety" she said with a smile as she lowered the book. "Hey" I said as I sat down on the bed next to her. "You seem awfully happy" she said in a cheery voice. "Yes, I am very happy"
"Why? I thought that after a talk with Nick you would be mad"
"No, it was something that happened after my talk with Nick"
"Oh" she sighed. She really wanted this feud between us kids to just stop. "Denise, I'm really sorry I've been causing you nothing but problems" I apologized and she smiled. "I think it's going to change though" I said before I walked into the bathroom. I came out and Denise was sleepong. I walked to my bed and turned on the little lamp that was on my nightstand. I was reading my book when I heard a knock on the door.

When I opened the door I saw Nick and Kevin in the doorway. "Yes?" I asked and Kevin looked at me in disgust. "Can we talk to you real quick?" Nick asked me and I stepped out. "What happened?"
"Kevin found out"
"What?"
"He said it was obvious that we were 'flirting'"
"How much is it going to take to keep you quiet?" I asked and he was thinking. "Well...Ouch!" He yelled a little loud when Nick hit the back of his head. "Nothing! He's going to be COMPLETELY quiet about this! And he won't tell Joe!" Nick answered for him and I laughed. "What he said" Kevin pointed at him. "Ok, I think your girlish shriek almost woke your mom up...so I better go" I said as I giggled. "Girlish shriek? What are you talking about, you little hypocrite!" Kevin said and that got me angry!

"You know what you no talent guitar player..." we started arguing and Nick stopped us. "Guys! It's late! Stop!" he yelled and we gave him a look-who's-talking look. "Look, it's one o' clock in the morning. Let's just go to bed" he said as he shoved me back inside. "Goodnight" I said as I closed the door. Ok, so Kevin knows...wich means he has something he can hold against me. Wich means...I have to watch him! This is too complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey next chap is up! Hope you liked it! Message/Comment!