I Hate the Fact I Love You

Still means something

“Mandy, what’s wrong?” I heard Nick’s voice behind me. “Joe, that’s what’s wrong!” I blurted out! Joe got me so angry! How could he treat me like this? “What did he do now?” he asked me as he went to hug me. I didn’t hug back. “He almost found out we were dating and caught a panic attack. I think it’s time to tell him”
“I think you’re right”
“Tell me how he takes it” I said as I was going to walk away but he stopped me. “Oh no you don’t” he grabbed my arm and turned me around. “We’re dating, so WE have to tell him” I looked at him and stifled a laugh, And then I realized he was serious. “Nick, he will kill us”
“A chance we have to take” I sighed. He kissed my neck lightly. “Please, just be there when I tell him” he said. He knew how to get to me. “Fine” I reluctantly said. “Thank you” he said as he took my hand and walked to the kitchen. We walked in and saw Joe. “What’s going on?” Joe asked as he saw Nick’s intertwined hands and mine. “Joe, take a seat” Nick said and he actually sat. That was a first. “Ok, Joe…here’s the thing. Mandy and I are sort of…” he trailed off. “DATING!” I screeched. I couldn’t stand it anymore. “Yeah, that” Nick said as he squeezed my hand. “You have to be joking” he laughed and he stopped when he realized we were serious. “Ok, what’s wrong with you?!” he yelled at Nick.
“What? I can date whoever I want! It’s my life to live not yours!” Nick yelled. “I don’t believe you!” we were shocked. “Dude, we’re telling the truth” I said. “Prove it! Let me see a kiss. And I don’t mean on the cheek! I mean a REAL kiss!” he said and we shrugged. Nick turned to me bent down and kissed me. It was shorter than the other one’s he’s given me but it was still perfect. “Gross!” Joe yelled as we separated. “There, happy?” Nick asked. Joe was steaming! “What is going on here?” Denise asked as she walked in annoyed. “Nothing, we were just talking” Kevin answered. “Well take your dispute in your room!” she said and we all went into the room.
We walked in and Nick and Joe were still arguing. “They are going to be like this ‘till the end of the week!” Kevin complained and I laughed. “Yeah, you’re right” I said. “WHATEVER! JUST DON’T TALK TO ME!” Joe yelled before he left the room. “Sorry” I said when Nick turned to me. “Why?” he asked. “For all the problems”
“You can’t blame yourself for Joe being an idiot” he said and I shrugged. “Guess not” I said as he hugged me. “Guys, get ready because we’re stopping in about an hour” Denise said as she walked in and back out. “Well, that’s my cue to go before ‘Godzilla’ comes back” I said as I left. I walked out and saw Joe sobbing. “Joe, what happened?” I asked. He wouldn’t act like this because of Nick and I. “Nothing” he said as he walked into the bathroom. “Joe, come on! Juts talk to me” I banged on the door and he came out. “You just don’t get it. Do you?” he asked and I was confused. “Maybe if you would explain I would understand” I said as I sat at the table across from him. “Joe, will you just talk to me?!” I begged. I needed all the fighting to be over! “Remember when we…. well when you were ten and I was twelve? When we made the promise? You promised we would be friends forever!” he said and I thought back at the memory.
*FLASHBACK*
“Joe, get off of him!” I yelled, as he was about to crush Nick. “Ok, let’s make a deal” he said with a smirk. “What are you talking about?” I asked confused. “His freedom for you” I got up and ran and he ran after me. He finally caught up to me, grabbed my shirt, which made me trip and fall. He fell on top of me. “Ok, you’ve got me Joseph. What are you planning on doing now?” I asked and he thought for a second. Then he kissed me briefly on the lips. “Bet you didn’t expect that!” I didn’t answer. He helped me up. “Race you back” he said as we both took off. We got back and no one was out. “Guess everyone went inside” I said and he nodded. We stood outside for a little while, just for the heck of it. “Mandy, can you promise me something?” he asked and I shrugged, “Anything”
“Promise me that no matter how old we get we’ll always be best friends”
“Promise”
“Pinky swear?”
“You know you’re very immature for a twelve year old” I laughed as I wrapped my pinky around his.
END FLASHBACK

I thought back at the memory. “Joe, we were little. I mean you kissed me. It’s not like it meant anything” he turned around. “It didn’t mean anything? Did it?” I asked and he faced me again. “Still does”
♠ ♠ ♠
hey sorry for not updating in a while. My computer has been acting really weird! comments=updates!