Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

Visitors

Now even I was speechless. Were we related to Logan? Oh dear lord, not only do we look stupid together, but we're family. Jasey already knew what was going through my mind and rolled her eyes, "Not like that, Anni!"

"Even in times like this," Scott muttered angrily and sat down next to Jasey on the bed, "You manage to worry about sex. A+, Anneliese." I wasn't paying attention, because the heart rate monitor started beeping loudly when Jasey's eyes met Scott's, and Logan and I couldn't help up laughing at her. "You two stop that!" Scott snapped, it made us laugh harder.
Logan was the first to finally calm down. He took a deep breath in, then looked at all of us with his infamous grin. "Sorry, Dick," Logan said to Scott, he really loved calling him that.
"I personally feel terrible for wanting to tap tha-" It must be pretty hard to finish a sentence with a shoe charging high-speed at your cheek. It was Jasey who threw it, though it was Scott's shoe. I was shocked.

"Isn't this a touching moment?" Professor Xavier was pushed into the room by Storm, she wasn't scowling today, but instead looking at Jasey with a beyond worried expression. Professor had her stop when he was close enough to hold my sister's hand in his own. Had I not been a mutant and used to telepathics, I would have thought of this as a horrific moment, a man of his age looking at Jasey so intently, but I knew they were talking in 'private'.

I could hear Scott and Storm whispering quietly, but thought nothing of it. This was getting to be an annoyance, them leaving Logan and I out. I stood up on a chair behind him and started poking at his gel shielded hair and giggling. His hand slapped my leg for me to stop, but I had to figure out how much gel he had in that hair. It wasn't as stiff or crunchy as I thought it'd be, so I gave up that quest about as quickly as I had begun it. "You're like a monkey," Logan whispered through clenched teeth.

"Be happy you didn't have any bugs in your hair," I simply stated.

Xavier turned away from my sister and asked us in a serious tone, "Could we have some privacy, Anneliese, Logan?" We both sighed and stomped out of the room. I was just angry that Scott got to stay. Talk about favoritism.

Logan and I went back to his room this time, it was pretty shabby compared to our room, of course, he had been here much longer than we have. I still wondered what it was that was bothering Jasey. She accidentally put images into my mind, all I saw was burning skin. Whenever more images of the torture we dealt with attacked my mind, I started bullying Logan."Your room looks like shit," I said, ashamed that I had to treat him this way just for satisfaction.

Those images wouldn't leave, no matter what I said to him. I needed a distraction, I way to escape my past for just a few hours. So what happened next was spontaneous and amazing and horrible all in one package. "Come here," I wasn't going to hold back, I was sick of it. Logan stared at me as if I were crazy. When he didn't move I grabbed him by his belt buckle and pulled him to where I was standing in front of the bed.

"What are you doing?!" He yelped when I pushed him over the side of the bed and straddled him. The images were coming quicker, my sister choking on her own skin and acid, my hair burning off and my skin leaving my body. The burning as the water went down my throat. My hands rested on his shoulders while I kissed him, this time it was my lips parting his. It wasn't him I tasted though, it was just the bitter and fiery taste of the acid. He propped himself up on one elbow while his free hand found my face.

When I started to grab at my shirt he stopped me, "What's wrong?" He panted, I just wanted to stop remembering. Tears found my eyes before words found my voice, and I started bawling. He sat up all the way now and wrapped his warm arms around me, "Anneliese? What the fuck is going on?!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head into his chest. He didn't ask anymore after that, he understood. We sat there wrapped up like the cutest couple in the world rocking back and forth while I occasionally muttered we didn't deserve it, none of us deserved this.

It was getting dark when I finally calmed down enough to leave his embrace, "I'm sorry," I said quietly as I walked to the door. He caught my wrist and pulled me closer to him, "Don't be sorry. I was lucky enough to not be able to remember."

I ignored what he said and asked him, "Could I stay with you tonight?"

His eyes bulged, "You mean like, stay with me tonight?"

I laughed, even though my eyes were swollen and burning and my nose was running, "I mean sleep here, you old pervert." He grinned and walked away from me, I thought it was a no, but he came back with one of his mammoth sized t-shirts and handed it to me, I sighed in relief and walked down the hallway to the bathroom, something caught my eye as I neared the end of the long corridor. The feeling that overcame my body was sickness when I realized it wasn't one of the students or staff.
♠ ♠ ♠
My favorite chapters are coming up, Alissa and I are in love with these new ones.