Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

The Fight

My legs flailed as I screamed to get away from the figure who had been in my torturous memories all these years. For some reason I couldn't shapeshift, I couldn't even whip out my favorite squirt gun. His arms pulled tighter around my ribs and I felt a few snap, causing me to cry and scream more. "Let go of her!" Logan's voice called out from behind us, I could hear his blades coming out. The Coat kept crushing my chest in, and my healing wasn't working properly. It was as if I'd been disabled.Shut down. Then I remembered the controlling drug.

When I stopped kicking my legs, the coat dropped me to the floor and began walking over to Logan; there was nothing I could do to help him, most of my ribs were crushed, my arms were bruising with the brute force he had used. Jasey's voice was coming my way, screaming for me. I tried to sit up, but I could almost hear the bones moving around in my chest, scraping at my lungs. She growled and started walking towards the Coat while Scott gently pulled me off of the floor. Before Logan could even get at him, my sister threw him up against a wall and held him there, it was obvious his physical strength could not effect her. She clenched her fingers into a tight fist and he threw his head back in pain and screamed profanities at her. Another Coat was making his way towards her, she held up her other arm and he went flying back down the hallway and crashing out a window.

I watched as she completely crushed the man with just the movements of her hands, the tighter she squeezed her fist the more he screamed. I heard a loud crack and he quit screaming, now he was just breathing in deep, raspy breaths. Her hand relaxed and he collapsed to the floor. His spine was broken, as was his ribs, arms, and hips. "Take me to him," I told Scott, fury filling me. He complied and helped me walk over, each breath feeling like I was trying to inhale with my head under water. I screamed as loud as I possibly could, not caring about the crowd of students that were around us, not caring about the pain in my chest. I hawked up the biggest lougie I could and spit the wad of mucus and blood at the mans face, he cringed and stared up at us, he was nearing death.

Jasey wrapped her arms around me lightly and cried into my hair, I did the exact same. Her body froze and she handed me back over to Scott. "You don't have to hide!" She shouted and pushed her way through the crowd of children, I let go of Scott and went to Logan. I wasn't comfortable with him, he was too nice. We all could hear the banging noises of her throwing him up against walls, this continued until the next Coat came flying down the hallway passed us, Jasey angrily stomping quickly behind him. She held her hand out with her palm facing up and lifted her arm, sending him crashing into the ceiling and violently landing on the floor beside her. She kneeled down beside him, her hand lingered above him. Though it seemed like she was just holding her hand out for balance, she was really crushing him into the hard floor. "You trained us, so here you go. Your precious fucking," Her voice was struggling, she was beginning to get tired, "Experiments!" With that he just popped, like when you squeezed a grape. Blood spattered everywhere and she stood up, panting.

Logan lifted me up gently as if I were a baby, and I wrapped my legs around his waist as if I were one as well. Jasey walked behind the two of us, her hand was so weak as it squeezed Scott's and her eyes were getting tired. I felt bad, I had the training to defend myself, but I was never good when I wasn't prepared. My breathing was quick and short, to make sure that I didn't damage my lungs, not in this state. Jasey and I requested our hospital beds were right next to each others, so something like this could never get as out of hand as it did this evening.

"I'm so sorry," I told Jasey as we laid in the dark together, we just wanted to be alone, to discuss everything that has happened in our past few weeks here, the good and the bad. "I should've used my training, I shouldn't of put you through this. I'm so sorry," A lump was forming in my throat, my body still ached, even though I was fully healed.

She shook her head, "Don't you ever be sorry for that, it was such a relief to just get rid of them, even if it were only a few."
♠ ♠ ♠
*making explosion noises, looks up at readers* Oh...I get into it. 0.0