Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

Runaway

I felt like a little kid walking back home after running away; truth be told, I was. I was their kid that they had trained, raised, and used, and I was coming home to that. What an idiot. I couldn't get Anni's screams out of my mind. She was so hurt; I could feel it. I didn't even need to read her mind to know she was hurting. I couldn't stop, though. The Coats would kill us both if they had the chance, and I wasn't about to let that happen.

I walked for most of the first day before I fell asleep against a rock around eight at night, then at midnight I was moving again. It's like my body knew exactly where I was headed, making it impossible for me to get lost. It continued like this for three days, before I reached a place relatively close to the Plant. The area was barren, only burnt trees remaining from a freak accident. Freak mostly meaning mutant, though.

The school was about a mile away, but I could see if from where I was. The evil barbwire fence that shocked the piss out of you if you touched it. I could even see some of the guards looking at me and shouting. Somehow I knew that they were planning this from the beginning, and I felt horrible. Like the idiot girl I was, I had fallen into it. They had always known what I was thinking, and knew that I would act according to honor and what was right. They were probably preparing my cell as it was, seeing as they wouldn't let me out of their sight ever again.

I thought of the things that I had left; of the family I was barely starting to acquire; of Scott; of Anni. I couldn't tell you how badly it hurt to leave that place. I knew I wouldn't come back without being in a body bag, or closely in need of one.

"I hope you can forgive me," I whispered, taking the final step towards the gate, and watching it open. On the other side laid doom, of which I was certain.

-----

My cell reeked of blood, some of which wasn't even my own. The copper taste haunted my dreams and my thoughts. The only time I was away from it was when they would take me to the room where I would receive my punishment. They knew that I had planned the whole thing, and had convinced the guard to let us out. So, when they would bring me to this room, I wouldn't leave unless they felt I was about to die.

Most of the punishments were lashings, and other times it was being shocked into convulsions, and then beaten. During these, I would think of things that made me happy. But when they brought in a telepath, they forced me to see my sister going through the same things. If I wasn't their doll, their little puppet on a string, they'd go after Anni. So I'd scream when they'd beat me, and make myself let out the tears from the lashings. It was hard because they had trained me not to show emotion, but here I was, and I had to. If I didn't, they'd go after everything I had left, and I would die before that happened.

When they were done with me for the time, I'd be sent to my cell. A lot of the times I almost bled to death before they came in and gave me the injection to make myself heal. That didn't mean that I was fully healed for the next set, though. They were giving me only enough to make sure I didn't die, so that I'd have bruises and scars.

They had just thrown me into my room after the daily beating, and I was lying in the middle of the floor, blood flowing out of my wounds. The punishment was double today what it was the past few times, and my back and stomach were in threads. When someone came into my room, light from the hallway falling right on my eyes like a beam from heaven it was so bright, I could only manage a low moan.

Agent Cooper Strikes stood before me, in one hand a cup of coffee, and in the other a police baton. I couldn't even look at him for long without feeling the pain of all the lashes, because whenever I was beaten, that man commanded how they did it and how hard. Cooper smiled at me before crouching beside me. His shaggy blond hair was all off to one side, and his muscular build was slight intimidating. I would of thrown him across the room if they hadn't of bound my powers, and he seemed to know that judging from his smile.

"Well, Jasey. It seems you're in a little bit of pain now, aren't you?" He chuckled before taking a sip of his coffee and wincing. I hope it burnt all of his tongue, and when I smirked he knew that. Cooper growled and stood, kicking me in the stomach. I convulsed before spitting up a wad of blood, and he grinned wider when I began to pant from the overwhelming pain. "You always were the one that got into trouble though, huh. I guess it makes sense though, seeing as your parents did the same." I couldn't help but try to talk, and when I did, more blood ran out of my mouth. I glared up at Cooper, and he continued. "That's right! You can't remember, can you? Well, let's just say that we had a little fun with your parents before you were born. You and your retarded sister."

Without a thought on how much it would hurt, I shot my leg out at his knee, and grinned through the pain when I heard a satisfying 'crack' and his gasp of pain. When he looked at me with pain all over his face, I stuck my tongue out at him. Then when he shouted for help and the door opened, I simply fell back into myself. Any emotion I had shown them was gone when the guards glared at me.

Humans had this thought in their mind that they had control over every little thing, and when one thing went wrong, they panicked. It was their nature to try to control everything. It was like a gene had been put in their DNA to make sure that they needed control. And here they were, all their worlds perfect until I was their. I was their specific brand of poison, and I liked it. I liked that whenever I did something that they couldn't control, they went into a panic. Or maybe that I had the control to cause them to lose their control.

One Coat entered the room with a hardened glare on his face. He was a tall man with gray hair in a pony tail, and huge glasses taped in the middle. Without thinking, I talked. Blood ran down my chin as I insulted the man.

"Oh hi, Dr. Jekyll's ugly ass twin. Did you know that Urkel wants his glasses back?" I smiled with satisfaction when anger ran across his face, and he turned to look at one of the guards. When they began to talk, and prepare to move me to the torture room, I couldn't hold back my fear but insulted them further. "I thought you had a better person to look up to. Maybe you're in love with Dr. Evil. I won't be surprised if you shave your head."

The guard grabbed my foot, and began to drag me down the hallway. Blood left a crimson trail behind me, and I could barely maintain awareness when they threw me into the torture room. When they chained me to the ground, I could barely think.

With the last of my power that I had retained, I sent a message to Anni. "I'm fine. Don't come after me." I could only hope she didn't hear the pain in my voice, but I knew that she had to stay away. The Coat grabbed a whip off of the wall, and turned to me wearing a grin too large for his face.

"Let's clean up your act, shall we?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Alissa rocks, nuff said.

Chapter by lissasaywhaa?