Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

Then What Are We Waiting For?

When you lose your sibling, you're lost. When you lose your twin? You're practically dead. And that's how I felt, I had lost part of myself and she wasn't going to be back. I dreamt of her, she said that she was fine, not to come after her. But I heard her sorrow, I could even feel it. It was a horrible weight pressing down on you, she thought I wouldn't be able to tell, but I could feel every lashing she got, even beating she experienced, the pain from her intense training. That familiar pain being brought back so strongly was the worst part. My sister was taking the blow for our crimes, and I sat here in a cozy mansion with a man I adored wishing I was right there with her, just so she wouldn't be alone.

I was a zombie; walking through the halls with one arm out to the side and tracing the wood paneling, when you spoke to me I did not hear what you said. When I ate I only tasted acid and blood. When I slept I only saw my sister in pain. When I woke up I only heard her screams. I was lifeless without my other half, without my savior. We had treated each other like god-like creatures, nobody hurt us without hurting the other. But now she was gone, she was being beaten and torn apart, and I couldn't do anything to help her.

"Anni, this isn't your fault," Logan tried comforting me, I hated leaving bed now. If you wanted to see me, you went to Logan's room. His floor was littered with junk food I had him steal from the kitchen, and the furthest I walked was to the restroom. "She'll be back."

"We need to go get her," I said, half of my face smothered in the pillow. "We have to get her back before she's killed." His hand grabbed one of mine, which disturbed me since it was holding up the pillow. I groaned and rolled on my side to face him. "I can't do this without her. She's my other half. I'm surprised we weren't Siamese twins," I sighed, he pulled me closer to him.

"Well you aren't going to get anything done just laying here, that's for damned sure," Logan's voice was sincere, the words didn't fool me into thinking otherwise. "She's a smart girl, she'll be fine."

I shook my head and turned back around, his arms stayed around my waist like a death lock, he wasn't letting me go until I was better. "Stop saying that. She isn't fine. I'm not fine. You aren't, Scott isn't, we're all feeling horrible and you know why!"

He sighed and sat up to lean against the headboard and light a cigar. "Hopelessness will not solve anything," He said, his voice sounding deeper with the hunk of tobacco in his mouth. "We're going to get her, I assure you of that."

I turned back over and rested my head on his lap, his fingers ran through my hair; it made me feel a little better. "Then what are we waiting for?"

"They have telepathics too, Anneliese. It won't be easy." He was right. I knew they had at least four telepathics working for them, if we came anywhere near the Plant they would know, and all of our lives would be at risk. I picked at the neckline of the t-shirt Logan had lent me, I hadn't showered in days, I smelled like him and greasy foods and soda.

The door creaked as it opened, it was Scott. Though his eyes were hidden behind the dark red sunglasses he had to wear, the pain was more than evident in his face. His lips were in a frown, causing lines to form. His eyebrows were knitted together and his lips were pursed. Logan held out his other arm for Scott to sit next to him, which caused him to let out a sad laugh. "I'm good," Scott said quietly as he sat down in an old chair next to the window. "Professor Xavier wants you to go to Celebro, Anni."

I simply nodded, "I need a shower first." It was true, I wreaked, and my hair looked wiry. Logan looked over to Scott nervously, I narrowed my eyes, "What?"

Logan shook his head and jumped out of bed, holding out his hand for me to join him. He walked me to the restroom and waited near the door, "Just don't scream, okay?" I was so confused, what was he talking about? As I walked near the showers, I noticed something bright red in the mirror, I thought it was blood, so I jumped and ran back to it. That red wasn't blood though, it was my hair. I must be going crazy, I thought to myself. But as I tugged on my hair and looked at the roots, I realized something had caused it to change this color. It had never done this before, what was going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my.