Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

On Edge

Logan slammed the door behind him, I was still laying in bed, waiting for him to come back and finish what he had started. "Your sister wanted to give me the birds and the bees talk!" He said angrily and flopped down onto the bed next to me, "I know what to do!"

I started laughing at him, he was just so offended by a five foot tall, ninety five pound girl. I couldn't help it. "She-She just cares about you," I said, in hysterical laughter by this point.

"I'm not taking sexual advice from a virgin," He grumbled and pulled off his white tank top, it was a pretty warm night...or he just wanted to show off his lovely body. "That's like asking a pacifist how to fight." He quit his ranting when his eyes moved up my legs, which were crossed leisurely and my foot bobbed to imaginary music. He looked like a wolf that was about to pounce his prey as he got up and leaned over me. "Where were we?" I grinned as his hand pulled my legs apart and he was right back in his old place, pulling my leg up around him and settling his lips on mine. As one of his hands slithered up my thigh, my sister's high pitched, angelic voice rang in my head, not tonight. Logan heard it too and groaned, burying his head in the crook of my neck and mumbling, "I hate her, I hate her, I hate her."

I didn't want it to end, but I also didn't want Jasey telling the whole school about my sex-capades with Logan. So he kissed me a bit more, then got off of me and within an hour we were sleeping. Oh, how I wished she wouldn't of interrupted.

---

Jasey watched me closely the next day, making sure we didn't make our move when she fell asleep. When I decided to just show her how let down we were, she giggled and nodded, "Great." Something else was bothering her. She rarely looked me in the eye, we knew each other well enough to just know when something was wrong, telepathic or not.

"What's wrong?" I asked her quietly, she was scared of something, I knew that much.

Her thumbs were at war with each other, a sign that she was nervous and upset. I raised my eyebrows and nodded for her to go one, she sighed, her breath shaky. "I had a dream- no a nightmare, last night that I uh," She looked up at me, tears were filling her arctic blue eyes. "I slaughtered everyone here. Even Scott. I'm scared, Anni." I felt terrible for her as I pulled her into my arms and rocked her back and forth. She was sobbing by this point, "I never would, but God, what if something happened that made me do it?"

I shook my head, "That'd never happen, Jasey, even if you were so mad you felt you could, you never would. You know better than to cause such destruction." She pulled a tissue out of her jeans pocket and wiped her nose. I didn't want her to be like this anymore, I thought she was finally happy. I never knew she was dreaming of murdering people, it put me on edge.