Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

Were You Even Listening?

Nothing was going to get the flour out of Logan's hair, due to the amount of gel he decided to put in it every morning. He sat on the floor in the bathroom now while I tried using a comb to pick out the dried bits of food. "This is terrible," I sighed and tugged at his hair. "Take a shower, I'll be waiting." I giggled and jumped down from the counter.

"Care to join me?" He winked and I rolled my eyes.

"Dream on, lover boy." I said as I left him in there, I could hear him sigh in a defeated manner right before the door shut behind me. I knew it was going to happen. You know, 'It'. The one thing we had been trying to accomplish for days but failed due to my nosy sister; okay, not nosy, but over protective so say the least. I ran into Jasey at Logan and I's door, she had quite the scowl on her face.

"What is it my darling sister?" I smiled at her, trying not to seem suspicious in any way or form. It was useless, I had one thing on my mind and I'll be damned if she didn't use that to her protective advantage.

"Not today, Anni." She said sternly. I sighed and opened the door, the beautiful scent of a cigar filled me, it was amazing. Even in the Plant I looked forward to Stryker coming in, just because of that smell. It was just perfection in a deadly object, what more could you ask for? She narrowed her eyes at me, I could almost feel the cold of the color in them. "You're too young."

Now she had hit a button, I was twenty years old, nearing twenty-one. By today's standards, I was a bit old to still be holding on to my virginity. "Just stay out of my business, Jasey. I want him and he wants me. Can't you be happy for me?" She looked at her feet and nodded, I knew I had won this one. It wasn't like I wanted to hurt her, but she knew how I felt and how he felt. Why was she wanting me to hold back?

She grinned and wrapped her arm around my shoulder, "You know how gross it is to be having this talk with my sister?"

"You know how weird it is that you care?" I giggled. Our happy little moment was short as she jerked around and her smile grew wider and wider.

"Good luck!" Oh great. Jasey was laughing as she walked away, stopping when she neared Logan and poked him in the chest.

Now my heart was pounding at an unimaginable rate, this was happening. How did I know? Logan usually didn't roam the halls in just his towel with his hair falling in loose curls. He looked so much better without the gel. I turned to ask Jasey to stay, but she was already turning around a corner at least twenty feet away. I quickly walked into the room and savored my moments alone by pacing back and forth. I didn't know what to do! What if I was terrible and he didn't want anything to do with me? What if we just kept going and embarrassed ourselves? God, Anni, get your mind out of the gutter, I told myself quietly.

Then I heard the one noise that could have given me heart failure; The bedroom door clicking shut and his footsteps nearing me. He pushed my hair to one side and over my shoulder, just so his lips could meet my neck. I took in a sharp breath and tried not to be so nervous, I was shaking for Christ's sake. His hands rested on both of my shoulders, and I drew it yet another sharp breath. He probably thought I was dying, I wanted to slap myself for being so ridiculous. I turned myself around to face him, thank God he was still wearing his towel.

He pulled off my shirt and smiled warmly at me, I was shaking like a god damned scared chihuahua. Then I said the stupidest thing that ever came out of my mouth, "Promise not to laugh at how terrible I am?" This was awkward with his eyes not on my face. I snapped my fingers in his face and he blinked quickly, "Were you even listening?"

He chuckled, "Of course I was. And I won't make any promises." He pulled me closer to him and he was once again kissing my neck.

"A-asshole," I stuttered and dug my nails into his sides. I couldn't help it, you would have too if you had him that close and if you felt his bare skin up against your own. Logan pulled me over to the bed and laid me down, I was amazed my heart didn't pound out of my chest at that point, though I could see it rapidly beating as my chest moved up and down. His lips brushed against mine in a teasing manner and I sighed, feeling a bit more comfortable with this. Then I started worrying if he'd stab me like he did with Rogue, even though she scared him. What if he stabbed me because it was just so great? Oh God, I'm going to die having sex. Great, Anneliese, just great.

"Is something wrong?" Logan asked me, a worried expression taking over.

"You aren't going to stab me, are you?" Could I have sounded any stupider? He laughed and shook his head, I let out a sigh of relief and nodded. He mouth moved down my body, softly kissing my neck, slowly moving further down. It was the most amazing moment of my life, to be so close to someone I was almost exactly like. We finally shared our feelings for each other, whether those feelings were lust or love, I didn't care at the time. He didn't laugh at me when we finished, and didn't act awkward the next day when we woke up. It was just perfection, for once in my life I felt pure happiness without any worries, I only hoped Jasey had felt the same when she was with Scott.
♠ ♠ ♠
This only took me three days to write, and yes this was written like, a month ago. So yeah. There's 31 chapters completed, the end is nowhere near, my kiddos. =]