Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

Nightmares

I couldn't believe where we were. We were safe, in the X-mansion, surrounded by X-men, and my sister was already looking at men. Plus, she was already opening up to them? As soon as they left, I turned to her and asked her if she trusted them. Anni simply shrugged and said something about they were the ones that saved us, and got us out of that hell hole.

"Why, don't you?" Anni asked me, looking at me through her bangs, and I rolled my eyes.

"Anni, you expect me to trust people I just met? People that have the power to tackle us with needs, and force us into things? Oh, of course I'm going to trust them. Sure, I can see it now. 'Mister Scott, I trust you guys so much, can we stay here?'And he'll say, 'Oh of course, you just have to help us,'" I said with Scott's voice near the end, and Anni rolled her eyes and rolled over to try and get some sleep. I, however, had no intention to sleep, and instead left the room after changing into a pair of clean shorts and a large tee.

The school was large - well, huge, really, - and it took me a minute to get used to it. All that I even remembered was growing up in a metal cage and in a metal room. Then other metal rooms with evil gadgets in it, and the other stuff I'd rather forget. I couldn't understand how Anni trusted these people! They were just like the Coats, except for the fact that they wore suits. As far as I was concerned, they were going to end up using us again, and we'd have to run again. Except this time, there would be a whole lot more trouble.

I found my way to the kitchen, and remembering how Scott had told us to have anything our hearts desired, I decided to look around. I opened many different things, and finally found myself in the freezer. Of course, I knew a lot of things about the outside world. Many of the experiments they had done to us was implanting knowledge into our brains, and they had been at it for nine years non-stop. It's safe to say that we were smart enough to pass tons, and tons of college level problems and more.

Finding a tub of ice cream near the back, I pulled it out to read the label. It was supposedly coffee ice cream, so I had decided to give it a try. I had it in my bowl (which I had found during my scavenger hunt) when Scott entered the room, rubbing behind his Visor-covered eyes. I smiled when he turned on the light and jumped when he saw me.

"Couldn't sleep?" I asked softly, pushing the lumps of ice cream around in my bowl. Scott nodded, and looked over the edge of the island to look at what I was staring at, and grinned.
"I like the way you think," Scott chuckled, as he pulled out some more ice cream and scooped it into the bowl. When I saw him take a bite, I decided to follow his way.

Now, I should tell you, I have never had ice cream before, and when I took a fairly large bite of it, my whole mouth froze over like Antarctica. I began to choke, and cough, and laugh as Scott looked at me wide eyed.

"Jasey? You okay?" He asked, leaning closer. I could hear the concern in his voice, but I knew that he was holding back a laugh by the way his lips were trembling. I tried to get the word cold out of my mouth, but I couldn't understand anything I said, and I knew he couldn't, either. When I had finally swallowed the large mass, and grabbed my head in my hand to try to get rid of the freeze in my brain, I replied.

"So... cold." Scott's grin widened.

"Hold your tongue," he said, and when I looked at him with confused eyes, and groaned from the cold, he demonstrated by grabbing his tongue with his fingers. "Tis woms yo tongeh," he said, and I tried it with a laugh.

Just as my tongue began to get warmer, Logan walked in, and looked at us with amused eyes. Scott was still holding his tongue, and so was I. Logan simply started at us as he grabbed a beer from the fridge, and turned tail and laughed.

Scott and I laughed until we cried, and I finally decided to go to bed.

When I got to my room, I saw Anni thrashing around in her bed like crazy, moaning, and got some of the images from her mind as she went through the hellish memories we were scarred with.

It was a tank. The tank was burning hot. Her flesh was boiling, and her eyes were spitting out tears. Anni was screaming as the water burned her lungs. Anni couldn't breathe, it was so hot. Blood began to mix with the water, and needles began to prod her from everywhere and-

When Anni screamed, I snapped out of it and jumped into the bed with her, grabbing her arms from hurting herself. She was still screaming when the teachers entered the room. Still screaming when Logan came running in with his claws out. Still screaming when I began to cry with her, and then pushed myself into her mind to seal her pain. Anni woke nearly immediately, and she sat up with crazed eyes, ready to kill anyone. When she turned to me, more tears ran from her eyes, and I pulled her into my embrace.

I could nearly see Logan fuming when he pushed the kids back to their rooms, and when he and Scott came into the room, I knew it was my turn to play the protective sister.

"Stay away from her!" I nearly growled, and Logan and Scott froze where they were.

"Was it a memory she was having?" Logan asked softly, his claws long since put away. I simply nodded, and rubbed the back of Anni's head. I could feel more tears in my eyes when I looked up with them, and I saw pain flash through them both when Anni grabbed onto me tighter, and they saw my face.

"You have no idea what they did to her. To us. And I swear to god, if you even try to make us do anything to hurt anyone, or to be your slave, I'll rip your throat out. I swear it."

Scott nodded and smiled. "We don't want anything from you two, Jasey. We're just trying to help you." Logan nodded, and since I knew they never agreed on anything, I believed them. Just a little bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter by lissasaywhaa?