Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

Bronze

Scott was buried one day after the fight, my sister tried so hard not to cry, but failed. Her cheeks had red streaks from where the tears had fallen over and over, I even saw Logan shed a few of his own tears. All of the students were there, apparently Scott had a huge impact on them. I tried so hard to keep my mind on the mournful mood of the day, but my mind was set on one thing : tell Logan. It was like someone was standing in there screaming for me to just tell him, but I didn't want to give Logan anymore stress.
There was no huge dinner like we usually had, no pranks, no stupid jokes. Just tears, sobs, cries for him to come back. Logan and I let Jasey sleep in our room that night, on the small couch that I once had a humorous argument with Logan on. While he showered, her and I spoke. "Just tell him," She muttered.

"Tell him what?" I blinked, forgetting my sister knew what I was thinking. I don't even know how I could forget that.

"About the kid," Her eyes fell on my stomach, I wasn't showing, she didn't have to stare. "He'll be happy."

"Happiness isn't exactly an emotion anyone should be feeling right now," I said, feeling a bit angry.

"You know most of the time when someone's mourning, they all need a good pick-me-up," She smiled weakly at me, it wasn't a real smile. I looked at the floor and kicked my feet together.

"What's yours?" My eyes remained on my feet. She didn't reply, I knew what her's was. I also knew she'd never get it back. I tried to think of how I'd tell Logan, he was pretty oblivious last time. Who couldn't understand my hints? They were golden, but I think his mind worked on a more bronze level. My sister was listening to my thoughts and laughed quietly.

"I'm going to have to agree with you on that one."

I nodded wide eyed, "He's not very smart, huh?"

She shrugged, her weak smile growing some strength. It didn't matter, she wasn't going to be the same anymore. "He can be when he wants to be, but I don't think he's ever thought of being a father," She narrowed her eyes at me in a playful way and asked, "Would you like to be alone while you tell him?"

"You know he comes in here in his towel..." I giggled, "It'd be safe if you left the room. Wouldn't want you getting a peep show." Her lips parted as she began to reply, but was interrupted by Logan standing in the door, his nose flared. "You look angry?" I half asked him, something wasn't right. Something besides his friends death.

His hand grabbed his towel in a tight grip to hold it up as he sniffed the air and walked closer to me, still acting stranger than ever. Jasey's eyes got wide but she didn't say a word. Logan was standing only a few inches away before saying in a confused tone, "Who stinks?" I smacked him and he backed away. "No seriously! You've smelled so weird for the past few months! Do you have a bad case of gas?" He cringed and prepared to get hit again.

"I don't have gas, you dipshit!" I slapped his back open handed and he gasped, I knew that's what hurt him pretty badly. "Neither of us smell!" I looked over at my sister again, she was just staring at me. "What?!"

"Give him some bronze hints," She said in a firm tone, even though I had to smile at her joke.

I stood up straight and grinned at Logan, "So, do you like kids?"

"I've already answered this," He glared at me, I sighed.

"I mean, have you ever thought of having kids of your own?" And that's when the towel dropped. Jasey screamed and smacked her hands over her eyes, I started laughing and Logan pretty much started acting like a girl who had just started her period.

"Is that what that weird smell was?!" He shouted as he scrambled over to the closet and grabbed a pair of boxers. "Be serious! Stop laughing at me. Are you really...you know?"

"I love how he thinks it's such a forbidden word," I told my sister and sat down on the bed. "Yes, I'm really pregnant. And it's yours."
♠ ♠ ♠
For some reason, I find this chapter to be hilarious. Roaches can write, can't they? =]