Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

Training

When the sun was just coming up, my sister and I decided to walk around campus. I held my arms out and let my hands lightly brush the many different plants that covered the campus yards. I occasionally picked flowers and stuck them in my hair, handed some to my sister or put them in her hair. "Logan told me about your tongue holding," I laughed at my sister, she smiled, her cheeks turning a rose color.

"Never eat ice-cream in large amounts," She said quietly. "Scott didn't even warn me." I raised my eyebrows at her, she could already tell what I was thinking - god damned telepathic sister. "I don't have a crush, Anneliese Raye," She sighed. "That's for ten year old girls."

I twirled a small flower around in my finger and muttered, "Your face is a ten year old girl."

"Are you going to tell me what you dreamt about?" She didn't look at me when she spoke.

I kicked a fallen rose a few feet ahead of me, "I'm sure you saw." Unlike my sister, I was never open about my memories of the Plant. Not only because I hated bringing up things that sad, but because neither of us remembered all of our past, just certain parts and very few were actually ones we wanted to remember. My sister plopped down underneath a huge tree, I fell next to her and pulled my knees under my chin, "So do you trust them now?"

She shrugged as she fixed the flowers that were beginning to fall out of her dark hair, I kept thinking 'Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes', it caused her to burst into laughter. "I'm warming up to them, is that good enough for you?"

"It'll do," I smirked. "For now." She yawned and laid down, clasping her hands behind her head and squinting her eyes at the rising sun.

"Son of a bitch," Jasey said quietly, she must have seen something. "They don't know the definition of privacy here," She muttered, and just as she sat up, Logan and Scott were strolling our way. "Someone has some images in their mind that they shouldn't have." I looked at her, shocked, she just started giggling.

"It's too early to even be alive," Logan said and fell into the grass next to us, he looked tired. His hair wasn't even all pointy like usual. Scott seemed to be wide awake. "That asshole," He said angrily and covered his eyes with his large hands. "He thought it'd be funny to wake me up."

"You're just lazy," Scott said with a half smile. Jasey was already blushing, I was afraid that this good mood wouldn't last. From what I heard there was always some kind of trouble going on for these guys, let it be the man who hates mutants to another mutant attacking them or humans. "We've got a proposition for you two," He winked at Jasey, she put her head down with a smile.

"If he says orgy, I'm leaving," I said, my smirk making its way to my face. Jasey, as always, elbowed me in the ribs. I sighed and rubbed the sleep from eyes. "Well what is it?"

Scott looked at Logan, who was falling asleep. He punched his arms, Logan's blades shot out of his knuckles and he jumped to his feet, "Do not touch me," He said through gritted teeth. Scott rolled his eyes and nodded for him to break whatever news he had. "We were wondering if you'd like to train with us?"

Jasey's eyes shot over to me, I shrugged, she sighed impatiently. "How dangerous is this?" She simply asked.

"Not too dangerous..." Scott lied.

---

All four of us stood in a large, empty gym. Logan and Scott were on the other side of the room, probably over 100 feet away from us. Jasey's hands were shaking, as they always did before we got into a fight or when we trained. "You two ready?" Scott shouted, Logan had a taunting smirk on his face, but I was wanting to take down Scott. Jasey's arctic blue eyes looked to me worriedly, I smiled to calm her down and thought good thoughts. The one bad thing about a telepathic sister - she always knew if you were lying.

"Yeah, we're ready!" Jasey and I said in unison, we giggled. You have to admit that it's funny when twins accidentally say things at the same time. She grabbed my hand and smiled warmly at me, she was so tense. Before we could have anymore time to try calming eachother, they charging our way. Jasey narrowed her eyes at Logan, swung her head to the right and sent him flying. I glared at Scott and dodged his attacks, making a shield with my arm until I could have enough time to make a squirt gun with my other arm. Sure it sounds lame, but I'm one for a funny fight. It ended hilariously, if I say so myself. I made a nice high powered squirt gun and shot right at the beams he was shooting my way, giggling when they evaporated into steam.

Jasey would throw Logan to the side every time he came her way, she had a wide smile spread across her face. When she noticed Scott continuously attacking me, she threw him up and he hit the ceiling, then into the wall. I stood over Logan and squirted him in the face with the water. "Bad doggie, bad!"

"This is supposed to be a serious fight, you ass!" Scott stood up from his lying position on the floor and rubbed his back, I kept shooting Logan.

"You never said that!" I said in a sing-song voice. Logan kicked my legs out from under me when I wasn't paying attention and stood over me, "Get off of me, Wolfie!" He leaned down, his face was only inches away from mine. I couldn't speak, he started laughing and straightened up, holding his hand out to help me up.

"Logan and Anni sittin' in a tree," Scott sung and laid down on the mats in the corner of the gym. "Jesus Christ, you girls suck."

I stood, getting vertigo from being pulled up so fast and stumbled over to my sister, she was rubbing her temples and shook her head at me. "You two are freakin' perverted. I'm afraid to even pay attention to your thoughts now."

"Oh shut up," I grinned. "If only I could see what you were thinking, you're probably worse than me."

"You wish."