Sequel: X-Family
Status: Finished!

Rebirth

Middle Name

"No, you know what I wish?" Anni complained as we all walked to the shower room. Scott and Logan answered no, and I answered yes with a laugh as Anni turned to glare at me.

"Well, seriously-"

"I wish my sister would stay out of my mind?" I finished, and she groaned and I read her thoughts with a smirk. As much amusement that I received from her thoughts, when she started to think about Logan naked on her bed, I threw myself out of her mind and hit the back of her head. Anni just laughed, and the guys looked over at us like we were crazy. Which we were, when you thought about it really hard.

"Ladies, do we even want to know what could of been going through Anni's head?" Scott asked, his eyebrow raised. I looked at him with calm eyes, and shook my head.

"You'll be scarred forever. Trust me, the nightmares are able to be deadly," I said with a straight face, and when Anni lunged at me, I laughed and began to run back the way we were coming. I sensed Scott and Logan stop walking, but continued to run as Anni chased me. Looking through her eyes, I saw that she was about to lunge at me, and I jumped into the nearest room; which happened to be Storm's classroom.

She was standing up at the front of the class, her white eyes trained on me as I entered. I stifled a gasp when the students turned to look at me, and could feel myself begin to get anxious. Big groups of people had always scared me, and there were at least twenty people in here.

"What are you doing?" Storm ask, venom nearly dripping off her voice. My own voice had decided to abandon me when she spoke, and I couldn't tell her what I was doing. Cue the comic relief. Anni came running through the door, and tackled me to the ground. Some of the students stood to attack us, when I held up my hands. Sure, my sister was somewhat annoying, and pretty damn perverted, but I would rather her be in one piece when we were older.

"It's just the idiot that is stuck to me, I promise!" I yelled, and everyone stilled. I dared a chance to Anni, and could almost imagine smoke coming from her ears. Giving her a tentative smile that she returned, we turned to Storm. She simply glared at us, and chewed us out for interrupting her class. We left with our tails between our legs, and ran into Scott and Logan in the hall. They were both laughing, and I instantly knew the reason why.

"You old farts!" I glared, and looked at Anni as she was confused as ever. "They heard us getting in trouble, and decided to listen instead of help us out!"

Anni began to take a step forward, ready to chew them out, when we heard Storm's voice say, "If you're still out there in two minutes, I'm going to shock you with lightning and make it hail on you!" Let's just say, we turned tail and ran as fast as ever.

--

After making a dashing escape from Storm, we found ourselves hungry. Scott and Logan were leading the way as we walked through many different hallways, and I admired the walls and pictures. The wooden paneling was in a butterscotch color, and it made it feel like a home instead of a school. I knew that there had to be a few underground levels to hold all of the X-Men goodies, so I was busy trying to find out the way down. As I have told you before, I was the electronic geek of the twins. My sister could fix anything that had to do with nearly anything, and I was the mechanic. Give me a car, and I could build it. But anyways, I didn't want to see it to admire the beauty; I knew that there were a lot of different mechanisms to their one jet, and I wanted to try and figure them out. Call it a hobby, or a training response. I really didn't care at the moment.

What I did care about, however, were the thoughts from the kids and adults around us. Many times I caught them thinking we were really freaks like Logan, and would snap at any given moment and murder them. I made sure to tell them in their minds to think about their feet, or their balls, because they wouldn't have any if they didn't stop thinking about my sister and I. They stopped.

My sister, however, was ignoring my desperate pleas to silence her thoughts. Here's a mental image, from her mind, about Logan. Walking around in boxer briefs, wearing many different types of amazing colognes, and winking at her. They ended up on the bed, and that's that.

"You know," I whispered, making sure that Logan was busy talking to the kids instead of eavesdropping. "You could just wait til I leave to have your fantasies. It's giving me acid reflex."

Anni giggled, and leaned over. "His ass is so cute, though! Jasey, really! Like you aren't looking at it?" Her eyebrow rose in her signature move before she grinned wider. "Or, are you looking at Scott's? He does have a fine toned cutie butt, doesn't he?"

I could feel my entire face heat up with an unwanted blush, and Anni just barked out a laugh before Logan turned around. She grinned and held up her hand in a wave before he turned back around, and she leaned over to me again. "He so digs me."

I blocked my mind before we left again, and finally arrived at the kitchen. I was in my own thoughts when Scott sat down beside me.

"So, Jasey, what's your middle name?" His voice made me shiver, and his closeness made my mind fog up. I blushed before replying.

"It's, well. It's Rae, from what I know. I don't know my birth name. Anni and I named each other when we were.. there." I could sense him tighten up, and I instantly regretted saying that. "Well, it wasn't that bad, you know. I'm not lying." It was a lie.

Scott laughed without humor and shook his head. "Yes, Jasey, you're lying. The Professor told us about your living arrangements before we were sent to save you. We know about it all, so, please don't try to protect us."

I looked at him through my lashes, and he simply looked back at me. After a nod, he nodded too, and then suddenly jumped to attention. "Speaking of the Professor, he wants to talk to you two. He was giving you time to recover, but now he knows you're relatively calm."

Anni and I exchanged glances before nodding, and when we all left the kitchen to go see the Professor, I grabbed her hand, and her thoughts told me it would be okay. I believed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter by lissasaywhaa?