How to Fall in Love...In 30 Days or Less

3/5

April 14th, 2007 – 8:45PM
Sunday was one of the few days that Riley had off of work and school, most of it had been spent lounging around Brendon’s apartment. She unlocked her apartment door, opening it to find the person she least expected sitting on her couch.

“Jon, what the hell are you doing here?” Riley demanded.

“I came to check up on you, only to see that you were gone all day. Where have you been on a Sunday?” Jon asked.

“I really doubt that it’s any of your business what I do with my life,” Riley replied stalking towards her bedroom to pull on clean clothes.

“Seriously, where were you?” Jon asked.

“At a friend’s house, why does it matter?”

“I’ve been here since two-o’clock last night.”

“Well then, you’ve wasted a large portion of time. Sorry that I work late at night,” Riley snorted.

Jon was rarely mad, actually unless it had anything to do with his sister, nothing really bothered him much. Riley stared at him unfazed by the fact that he was ready to boil over in anger and walked into the kitchen to grab a can of Mountain Dew from the fridge. She took a sip before setting it down on the coffee table and turning on her TV.

“How’d you get in here anyway?”

“You’ve always hid your keys in the shittiest places Riley,” Jon replied rolling his eyes.

“Thanks,” she shrugged flipping through the channels. Her hazel eyes stayed fixed on the TV before she settled on watching some movie that was on the Disney Channel, “Are you going to sit down and stay a while or go to one of your band mate’s houses?”

April 20th, 2007 – 6:24PM
The week had gone by somewhat uneventfully; Jon had since gone back to Chicago. Riley had no idea if he intended on telling their parents of her whereabouts, but she hoped he wouldn’t. Life was peaceful these days now that the university had let out for the summer. Riley’s final exam had been earlier in the day and she didn’t work tonight, one of her first Fridays off in months.

Brendon Urie walked down the hallway of his apartment his lower body wrapped in a white towel. His hair still dripping wet from his shower, tonight was his first actual date with Riley. For the first time in a long time he was nervous about a date, Riley was different from other girls he’d previously dated. Brendon felt like she truly understood him, and looked past the fact that he was in a famous band.

Riley stood at the doorway of her closet, staring at the two final choices of dresses that she’d picked out. She’d long since finished doing her hair and make-up and was now deciding what to wear, which she had known would take the longest. Not that it really mattered; no matter what she wore she was sure Brendon would find a way to get her out of it by the end of the night.

After finally deciding on a royal blue dress that hugged her petite frame perfectly she pulled on a pair of black ballet flats, high heels and Riley Walker didn’t go together what so ever. A buzzing alerted her that Brendon was waiting downstairs at the entrance to her apartment building.

“I’ll be right down,” Riley said into the intercom before grabbing her purse and keys assuring herself that the door was locked. Finally she walked outside after running down the flight of stairs, the elevator was almost always broken, and it was quicker to go down the stairs than take it even when it was operational.

“Do you have everything?” Brendon chuckled as she closed the door slightly breathless.

Riley rolled her eyes, “Let’s go.”

Brendon nodded leading her towards his car; he opened the passenger side door for her.

“You’re a walking cliché already Bren,” Riley laughed. He grinned.

“You love it,” he retorted closing the door behind her and running over to the driver’s side. Friday night traffic in Las Vegas was always hectic, especially going into the city. It took them almost an hour to get to the restaurant they had reservations at, even though it wasn’t that far away.

The dinner was quiet; surprisingly Brendon’s normal hyper state didn’t appear in high intensity. Finally they decided to take a walk down the Strip even though all it was was an attraction for tourists. Crowds of people walked down the road with them, mostly young partiers, others elderly gamblers. Brendon talked animatedly throughout the rest of the night before they ended up on Brendon’s living room couch watching some random movie on HBO.

Riley woke up the next morning; she was still in her dress from the night previous but had somehow gotten into Brendon’s bed. She was well aware of Brendon’s body beside her on the bed, his arm draped over her waist in a subconscious kind of way. Riley rolled over, facing Brendon now she smiled. His mouth was open slightly, barely audible snores escaping every once in a while. It was as she studied the singer’s face that the door of his apartment opening and the shuffle of feet made her go white.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT.
WORD UP.