How to Fall in Love...In 30 Days or Less

5/5

May 2nd 2007 – 5:01PM
A week and a half passed without much incident, Jon had called neither Brendon nor Riley. According to Ryan he’d gone back to Chicago soon afterwards. All the while, Brendon and Riley grew closer – they knew everything about each other by now, Riley only left Brendon’s apartment to go change and shower most days – unless she had to work.

“I’m leaving soon,” Brendon said randomly as he and Riley sat in the living room eating Chinese take-out.

“Alright...where the hell are you going?” Riley asked.

“Some cabin in the mountains...we’re starting to write for our new CD,” he explained.

“How long?” she asked.

“I have no idea, you can come visit. We just want to get out of Vegas to write stuff, so Ryan had the brilliant idea of going to the mountains.”

“Jon will be alright with me coming to visit?”

Brendon shrugged, “Jon can go fuck himself if he’s not alright with it. I’ll push him down the mountain.”

Riley laughed, “Okay, I’ll come and visit.”

“You’ll come every weekend, right?”

“No, but I’ll try and come every couple weeks. My boss isn’t that generous to give me every weekend off,” Riley said laughing again.

Brendon grinned, “Good.”

May 9th, 2007 – 10:30PM
Riley sat on Brendon’s bed as she watched him pack, well more or less. Brendon was possibly the slowest person to pack clothing Riley had ever seen – everything he grabbed to put into his suitcase he’d stand and inspect for at least two minutes before finally putting it into his suitcase.

At some point in the midst of packing Brendon leaned over resting his hands on the mattress on either side of Riley’s hips pressing a kiss to her forehead. Riley smiled tilting her head up and kissing his lips.

“Three weeks is so long its ridiculous,” Brendon stated in between kisses.

“I know,” Riley agreed her eyes never leaving Brendon’s.

Brendon was leaving with the rest of Panic at the Disco in the morning, not until later in the morning though. The cabin they were staying in was only about an hour away – not too far away thankfully.

Brendon went back to packing, and Riley watched mostly silently unless Brendon asked her opinion on a certain shirt or other random piece of clothing.

“Why do you even care about clothing Bren? The guys could care less what you put on. And I would care less if you walked around naked all day,” Riley laughed.

“That’s kinky. We should try that one day,” Brendon said wiggling his eyebrows.

“Not in your apartment thanks, you have gigantic windows all over this place,” Riley said shaking her head.

Brendon pouted, “Fine.”

“Don’t pout, it’s too cute,” Riley groaned burying her face into her hands.

Brendon grinned triumphantly, “Good. Now you know how I feel when you start pouting!”

“Whatever! I’m supposed to be cute. I’m the girl in this relationship,” she retorted.

“And I’m supposed to be what?”

“I don’t know...the idiot with the penis?” Riley suggested causing Brendon to throw a pillow at her, “I’m joking! I’m joking!” She laughed.

“You’d better be!” he said crossly.

Riley stood up, crossing the room and wrapping her arms around Brendon’s neck pulling him down the six inch gap between their heights and pressing their lips together. It didn’t take long for them to stumble toward the bed, Brendon pushing his overly large suitcase off the bed in the process – not caring that the clothes he’d just packed were now scattered all over the floor.

“Brendon, you need to pack,” Riley muttered against his lips while his hands have been climbing up her Boys Like Girls t-shirt.

“Riley,” Brendon groaned glaring at her.

“Pack your stuff,” she said rolling her eyes.

May 10th, 2007 -9:45AM
Brendon had now been hugging Riley for a good ten minutes. Spencer had gone to pick up Jon from the airport, leaving Ryan to stand awkwardly around waiting for Brendon to get into the car before Jon came.

“I’ll call you as soon as we get there, just so you know we didn’t drive off the mountain or something,” Brendon joked.

“Don’t even say something like that! Something like that would happen to you idiots,” Riley replied. Brendon shook his head.

“Nothing’s going to happen,” he assured her as Spencer’s car pulled into the parking lot of his apartment complex. Brendon sighed, kissing Riley briefly before Jon got out of the car.

“I give you permission to punch him back this time,” Riley said.

Brendon laughed, “Thanks, but it won’t do much good.”

Brendon got in the car a few minutes later, rather reluctantly. Jon was sitting as far away from him as possible, but Riley was sure her brother would get over it by the time they got to the cabin. As she watched the car pull away into mid-morning traffic, Riley Walker was sure that this was love.
♠ ♠ ♠
don't ask what the hold up was.
i don't have any clue either.
word.
COMMENT