The strange phone call...

The phone call

It was a cloudy Friday night. Natalie had just returned from work. It was 11pm and she was very tired. She made a cup of tea and sat on the sofa to watch TV.

Just then, the telephone rang.

Natalie sat up and grabbed the phone wondering who might that be.

“Hello?” she said a bit nervous.

“Hello…” said an American accent.

“Who’s calling?”

“Why do you want to know? My name doesn’t matter.”

“Who are you? How did you find my phone number?” said Natalie totally nervous now.

“Well…let’s say that one of your friends gave me the number. I know you very well…” said again the American accent.

“Oh, one of my friends? Ok, and how the hell do you know me so well, can you tell me?”

*laughs*
“I truly understand your anxiety, but relax. I’m not dangerous!”

“RELAX??? All right, whatever you say. I have no idea who’s calling me so late, not saying his name, speaking so mysteriously and…I’m so tired I can’t even hold my eyes open…”

“Hey, sweetie…I’m sorry if I made you nervous. I’m really sorry. I just needed to hear your voice…I wanted to talk to you but it seems I’m not ready yet. Sorry.” and with those words he hang up the phone.

Natalie was still shocked. After a few seconds she heard a knock at the door. She screamed as she jumped out of skin…Who was knocking at the door? She walked slowly towards the door.

“Who’s there?” she asked shaking…
No answer.

“I repeat who’s there??” she asked and her trembling hands tried to reach the door.