The strange phone call...

Revelation's Day

- Saturday morning –

It was 9am when Billie woke up. He kissed Melody gently on the lips and got out of bed. He put on a white T-shirt saying: “Dirty guy me? No way!” and with slow footsteps not wanting to wake up Mel he went downstairs. He was making coffee when he heard a light knock at the door. Billie went to open it.
“Frank? What the fuck? It’s only 9 am!! You were dreaming of me?” yawned Billie.
“Yeah. Good morning to you too, Billie. Is Mel inside?”
“Yep, but she’s sleeping.”
“Oh, great! Well, let’s sit and listen to me carefully.”

---------

Natalie couldn’t get out of her mind those mysterious guy’s last words: “Give me a long kiss tonight and everything will be all right”

- Flashback -

It’s Friday night and Natalie is talking on the phone.

“So you say that I’ll be fine? But how?” asked Natalie.

“Uhmm… I don’t know. But I’m sure everything will be better tomorrow.” Said the guy.

“What makes you say that?”

“Trust me. I know.”

“Ok, it seems that I can’t change your thoughts. But Saturday is my worst day of the week. My parents died on Saturday. I lost my job on Saturday. I was almost killed on a car accident on…”

“Saturday.”

“Yes. So, you see maybe I don’t believe in superstitions but this thing is always coming after mer. I know now that nothing good will happen to me this day.”

“Well, baby just give me a long kiss tonight and everything will be all right form tomorrow. Bye love.” And he hang up.

- end of Flashback-

Natalie was sitting on the bed holding a pillow trying to find what he meant with those words, but couldn’t make any sense.

“Nah…he maybe wanted to cheer me up.” She whispered to herself and with these words she went to wash her face.

After half an hour she had to go shopping with Melody and then she had an appointment with her hairstylist.

- Saturday noon-

Natalie was very tired when she returned home but completely satisfied. Her hair looked fantastic and she had bought some nice stuff for the house. Also, the brand-new black pair of jeans looked fabulous on her. She decided it was about time she had a quick shower and relax. And so she did. At around 3.30pm she ordered a pizza and sat down on the sofa watching TV. Soon she fell asleep.

- Saturday afternoon -

Frank was on his way to Billie’s house. They were going to meet there for dinner and have a small fist for Melody and the new member, coming soon. When he reached the house everybody was already there. He greeted all of them, took a cigarette and sat on the couch.

“How come you didn’t bring any of your girls, Frank?” laughed Billie.

“Well, they were busy and Claudia is angry with me. Don’t ask, I don’t even know why…” said Frank.

“Oops! Sorry for mentioning it then.”

Natalie and Melody joined them bringing some beers.

“To my little boy coming soon and my lovely girl here!” said Billie hugging Melody.

“Cheers!”

“Cheers!”

“So, Mel did you think of any good names for the little one?” said Frank.

“Well, yes! At first I thought of Alexander Sebastian Pennigton but then I found it too ‘heavy’ and I came up with a fantastic one! Joseph Marciano Pennigton.”

“Oh, my God!i was going to be named after Joseph!” said Billie.

“I know babe! Isn’t it great?”

“Aww…you’re so sweet Mel! I love you so much!

- Saturday night -

Frank was telling some new jokes and they were all laughing. It was 11pm when someone rang the doorbell.

“Billie can you open?” yelled Melody. “Oh, fuck Frank you’ll make me give birth now with your jokes! I can’t stop laughing!”

Billie and Frank got up, looked at each other and ran to open the door.

“What happened to them? They act as if they have never opened a door!” Melody said.
Natalie nodded.

Billie opened the door. His eyes were sparkling.

“Hey guys!! I’m so happy! I’m here at last!” said the man.

“Oh man!!! I haven’t seen you for ages!” said Billie and hugged him tight.

“Hey buddy! At last you’re here! So nice to see you again after so many years! Come on in…” said Frank and hugged the man too.

“Sure.” said the guy.

The three men entered the room where the girls were.

The man stood there staring at Natalie. Natalie did the same.

“Oh, my God. It cannot be. Mike?” she said.

The man smiled and didn’t take his blue eyes of her.

“Natalie? Do you know this guy?” Melody said. “How?”