The strange phone call...

A little bit of Natalie's past

Mike put on his T-shirt and zipped his pants and got up. He tried to walk until the bathroom to wash his face and wake up from the chaos he was deep in. Then, he headed to the kitchen to make some coffee for both of them. Soon, he was back in the living room holding two cups.

- Mike’s P.O.V -

I can’t believe I’m finally here with her. She’s my life, my world. She means everything to me. She looks so beautiful lying on the couch and sleeping. I could just sit here staring her for hours. I hope she will understand. I wanna be with her. Nobody else. *sigh*

- end of Mike’s P.O.V -

“Hey lovely! You should get up and drink some coffee. You’ll feel much better.” he whispered to her ear.

“Mmmm…I don’t…I wanna sleep.” She murmured.

“Ok, get up, drink a bit. Trust me baby.”

“Jesus, I can’t fell my head! What time is it?”

“It’s almost 10 am. Are you feeling any better?”

“I don’t think so. My head’s killing me. Shit, I hate hangovers. They make me feel sick.”

“It’s ok, you’ll sleep and you’ll feel better afterwards. I need to get some sleep too, I’m pretty tired.”

“Yeah…you were at your best last night!”

“Come on now, you make me blush…”

“I’m telling the truth! Anyway I feel really happy you decided to come. I thought I’d never see you again.”

“Yet, you didn’t stop have feelings for me as I noticed.”

“ I tried to stop but I couldn’t get over you. Life is hard baby. Things aren’t always as you wished them to be.”

“Shh…I’m here now. That’s the only thing that matters. Close your eyes and go to sleep. I’m here for you and I’ll protect you whatever happens…” and with those words he kissed her gently on the lips and lied next to her. Soon they both fell asleep.

She woke up at 1 pm. She stood up, fixed her hair and turned around to see Mike sleeping. She gave him a sweet kiss on the cheek, took her bag and left the house. On her way back home she recalled her life 9 years ago.

- Flashback 9 years ago -

“Mum? I’m going out with Mike tonight, ok? We’ll be back late so don’t worry! I have my keys. Don’t stay awake waiting for me. Love you. Bye!”

“Ok, my sweetie…please don’t be that late, I’ll be worried. Love ya too! Have fun!”

Natalie grabbed her bag and got out of the house. She was wearing a long black dress, her hair was on a wonderful pony tail, and she was standing on a beautiful pair of black shoes. Her face shined when she saw Mike standing in the corner. With slow footsteps she reached him and greeted him with a kiss on his cheek. He did the same, while holding her tight from her waist.

“Ready to go, Natty? I have very special plans for tonight. I hope you enjoy the night!”

“Yep, I’m ready to follow you!” and she smiled.

They walked around half an hour between the parks. It was almost 10 pm and everywhere was so silent you could even hear their hearts’ beating.

“We’re almost there. Now I need you to close your eyes, hold my hand and follow me, all right?” he whispered.

Natalie nodded. She closed her eyes, touched his hand and tried to make her heart calm down. She didn’t know why but she was sure that night something wonderful would happen. This time she had this feeling…this strange feeling of limitless happiness inside her. She wanted their first date to be like a fairy tale. Romantic and dreamy.

“Here we are… You can open your eyes now, princess.” His voice woke her up from her thoughts.

Natalie opened her eyes and cried from happiness… It was all there! All that she could ever dream of. Mike had closed a small corner of the park, put candles all around and 2 pillows on the ground. He had brought with him a bottle of red wine and poured some in the 2 glasses.

“Mike…wow. Did you really planned these all? I’m surprised!” she said still in shock.

“Yes, my princess. It’s our first date, I wanted everything to be perfect! Let’s say a toast before we drink, shall we?”

“Aha. I drink to our first date!”

“I drink to…your eyes that make me jump every time they meet mine.”

“You’re an angel, Mike. I really mean it.”

“No one can compare with you.”

Mike left down his glass of wine, leaned to Natalie’s side, took her glass and put it down too. He stared her straight in the eyes, caressed her hair and he kissed softly her red lips. He pulled back and she smiled.

“I know it’s too early to say it but… I love you Natty. I want us to be together and stay together.”

- end of flashback -