Blinded

The iSnore

I’m sitting in the back, picking at my bandages. Why? ‘Cause it’s all I can do. Well, I could go wake up one of the guys, but they deserve their sleep. I slept surprisingly well. Which meant that I snored. And yeah; loud.
So now I’m just doing nothing. I could just lie down on the couch and listen to some music, but I just don’t have the energy for that. Well, I mean… I mean I have more energy. I mean… Oh, you know! I have energy to burn off! I’ve just had the best night’s sleep in years, and for once I’m totally rested and then I can’t do anything to use that energy! I can’t go for a walk or even just go outside! I can’t even look outside.
Okay, stop! I gotta stop! I seriously have to stop whining and just… do something!
I lean forward and search around on the coffee table. I find the remote.
I hold the smooth piece of plastic up and press one of the round rubber buttons. I hear the TV turn on. I turn down the volume, so I won’t wake anyone up.
I flick through a few channels, but the only thing I can think while I’m doing this, is ‘what?’
“Oh, would you look at that kick! What an amazi-“
“Stop doing that! I told you to –“
“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?”, “Not as beautiful as you.”
“And as you can see on this week’s forecast, we’re ex-“
I find the big circle of rubber on the remote and press it. When I hear the TV silence, I throw the remote into the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my, a short chapter for once! =o