Blinded

Gone Again

When I wake up, my head immediately throbs. I groan in pain, before I sit up. It hurts more.
I pull my sheets away from me, but then I freeze.
I saw something last night. I saw the sheets.
I look down towards my hand, but there’s nothing to look at – nothing to see.
I pull the sheets up to my face and stare. I keep my eyes wide open as I hold the fabric of the sheets up close to my eyes.
I try to find that line again. I try on find where the white black fabric becomes white, but there’s nothing – but the black. And I don’t think it’s the fabric I see.
‘Cause I don’t see anything.
I close my eyes and squeeze the tears back, while I lay the sheets back down. I take a deep shaky breath, before the sharp pain in my skull suddenly returns. I groan again.
I get out of my bunk and walk towards the kitchen area – keeping my head bowed, both to hide my, possibly, red and puffy eyes, but also because it makes the pain more bearable somehow.
I guide my way into the kitchen and over towards the coffee machine.

“Morning Gee,” I hear Mikey say – his voice slightly muffled. He’s probably got his entire face inside a mug of coffee.
I grunt in reply and continue my search for the coffee machine.
And don’t worry, I’m not stupid enough to make the same mistake twice. But then again, I wouldn’t even be able to grab a hold of the pot.
When I find the machine, I reach upwards and find the cupboard above it. I open it and carefully search around inside for a little bottle of aspirin.
“What do you need?” Mikey asks, and I stop my search and instead bring my fingertips to my throbbing head. The coolness of them feels wonderful.

“Aspirin.” Suddenly Mikey’s hand is on my shoulder. I didn’t even hear his footsteps.
I hear a rattle of pills against plastic, and I sigh in relief. I shouldn’t have, though, ‘cause it brings a shooting, stabbing pain up the back of my neck and all the way over my head and into the bridge of my nose where it settles.
I groan.

“Maybe we should take you to a doctor. It could be…some sort of…aneurism or something. From the fall. And that it hasn’t… done whatever until now.” Dr. Mikey, ladies and gentlemen.
I focus on the sound of him opening the bottle of pills and shake out a few. I assume it’s only two. He’s always been afraid that the simplest drug would tempt me to go back to the heavier kind. It doesn’t. But he’s sweet when he worries like that.
His footsteps disappear and soon after I hear the water run.
I need to pee, but first I need my pain killers. Fuck, my head is just throbbing.
The water gets turned off and Mikey’s footsteps return.
“We should really get you to a hospital. I’m worried. Something could be wrong.” I hear him open a drawer, then close it again – the sounds being way too loud.
Mikey grabs my hand and leads it. I feel something soft and warm against my fingertips.
“Just find the pills. I’ll bring the straw to your lips.” I do as told – I search around in Mikey’s palm for the pills, and bring the two to my mouth. Then I feel Mikey’s fingers against my lips, and I let the straw into my mouth.
When I swallow the pills, my head throbs again.
Mikey puts down the glass when I let go of the straw.
“We should get dressed and get you to the hospital. I don’t want you to suddenly pass out on stage or something.” I just nod. Something could be wrong. And besides, going to the hospital might help me figure out if my sight might be returning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you guys and your eyes and your fingertips too much to NOT update......
'Cause when I do update, you read and you comment! Wee!!!
You don't get that kind of feeling anywhere else, then right here; on Mibba!