Blinded

Hold Me

Frank tugs my pants back up, before I hear the flush.
The water runs into the plastic sink behind me. He’s been standing as far away from me as possible, but he still had to touch me – hold me – as I went.
His still hates me – despises me.
He couldn’t stand still. He kept shifting his bodyweight and turning his head from side to side. I could hear it – feel it. His feet shuffled and his breath kept hitting my neck every time he sighed and turned his head.
The water turns off. I know I have to do this now. We’re alone. It’s the perfect time to do it – the only time.
I turn around.

“Frank, I’m sorry!” I almost yell it. I didn’t mean to. In my head I’ve only whispered it, but now that I finally had the chance to get it out, I was apparently desperate.
I don’t hear his footsteps leave, so I assume he’s still here.
“I never meant to hurt you.” This time my voice is actually a whisper.
“I never knew, okay? I never noticed.” My words are fading. I have a feeling that he’s rejecting me, but I can’t tell. I can’t even tell if he’s still here.
“I was so blind. I’m might be physically blind now, but I’ve always been…” I stop talking. I don’t know if he’s here at all. He could have left, and all I could be talking to is my own reflection in the mirror that I can’t even see!
“Frank?” My voice is barely even a whisper. It’s just air passing my lips – making a tiny sound.

“Guys?” There’s a hard knock on the door that makes me jump – actually, literally makes me jump.
The door opens.
“Hey. Listen, I called the hospital, and you can see a doctor straight away if we can be there in half an hour, so we kinda have to hurry,” Mikey tells me. I nod.
“Are you coming along this time?” I frown. Is he talking to me? No. Is Frank still-

“Sure,” Frank answers with a sigh. I hear his feet shuffle again.
“I’ll go change.” He heard me. He didn’t leave. But… But he didn’t answer. He didn’t respond. What does that mean?
Does he still hate me?

“I’ll help you Gee,” Mikey says, before he grabs my arm and leads me out of the small room.
“Just sit down here.” I feel the back of my knees hit something soft, and I carefully sit down on the couch.
“I’m gonna help you with your pants. There’s a t-shirt right next to you.” I hear a belt-buckle rattle, before Mikey grabs onto my foot and lifts it into my jeans. I actually wanted to change my boxers too, but I don’t really wanna ask my brother to help me with that. ‘Cause I would need help for that.
I take my t-shirt with my fingertips and use that one hand to feel around on it – trying to find the right hemline. Mikey’s already got my pants around my thighs.
“Here.” Suddenly the t-shirt disappears from underneath my fingers.
“Raise your arms.” I do as I’m told and Mikey slides my t-shirt down my arms and over my chest and stomach.
“Stand up.” I do as I’m told and Mikey pulls, buttons and zips my pants up.
“Okay, just sit back down.” I do as I’m told.
Mikey grabs my feet and put on my socks and shoes.
“Okay, all good. Now, let’s get going.” I do as I’m told. I get up and follow Mikey as he drags me through the bus and out into the car. All four doors slam shut one at a time, and the car starts up.

“Don’t worry, man. It’ll be fine. I’m sure everything’s fine,” Ray says as he pats my knee a couple of times.
I do as I’m told – I don’t worry.
But I do keep my head down in shame.
♠ ♠ ♠
You like?
Oh, and has anyone figured out the pattern yet? =D (It's really very simple...)