Status: Finally Finished....Check out the sequel :)

They Can't Protect Me From Loving You

I've Been Gone For Far Too Long

Brian and Eloise spent the evening as she had planned to spend it with Joel – with a takeout and a film. They talked properly about the past four years, about their final year of high school, the band, her job, their other friends, everything really. Brian and the guys were doing an interview for a radio show Sunday afternoon so Brian had to leave early to meet up with the others. Before leaving he promised to call her after the interview and that he would be talking to Michelle once he was back in Huntington.

She sat on her sofa, curled up with her duvet and the remote, feeling so happy. She’d channel hopped all day not really taking in what she was watching as she was consumed with thoughts of the past 48 hours and what her future held for her. She would have to be so careful when she got back to Huntington. If the wrong person recognised her as Katie Mitchell she could be in danger again. The Owen family weren’t the kind of people to forget about a grudge so quickly. If they found out who she was her life was over. If they didn’t kill her she’d have to spend her life on the run. Without Brian or her family.

She started making a list of all the things that she would have to sort out before she moved back to Huntington. There was the flat, packing, her job, and of course she would have to explain to the girls what she had planned. But should she tell them the truth? She could trust them couldn’t she? Yes. They had been her best friends during her life in Sacramento, and if she was going to leave them she probably owed it to them to be truthful with them.
With this decided she reached over and grabbed her cell phone. She wrote out a message and sent it to Hannah, Abi and Sophie, asking them to come over as she had some important news to tell them.

“Right, now that we’re all here, will you please tell us why you have a bruised cheek?” Abi ordered.

She’d arrived first, and had noticed the bruise on her cheek as soon as she walked in.

“Ok, I’ll explain everything now.” Eloise said as she sat down on the armchair facing her three friends. She took a deep breath as she glanced at each of her three friends.

“Joel and I split up.” She began, nervously playing with the necklace she always wore.

“Did he do that?” Hannah asked pointing at her face. Eloise nodded.

“I’ll fucking kill the bastard!” Abi yelled angrily.

“But he’s never been violent with you before has he?” Sophie queried.

“No. But he’d never been given a video of me kissing another guy before.” Eloise defended.

“What?” Sophie yelled.

“Who?” Abi added before Eloise could reply.

“When?” Hannah asked baffled as they all stared at Eloise with their jaws hitting the floor.
Eloise gave out another deep sigh as she looked at her best friends as they waited patiently for an explanation.

“It’s a long story that starts four years ago.” Eloise began as the girls faces grew even more confused.

Eloise then began to explain everything to the girls, who sat open-mouthed, listening intensely to her story. She explained about everything, from her relationship with Brian to witnessing the murder, witness protection, moving and her new identity. She then went on to explain what had happened in the club and the day before when she met up with Brian and got caught on video kissing. And finally she explained about what happened when Joel came home and when Brian came over.

“So you’ve fucked Synyster Gates?” Abi asked in disbelief. Eloise gave out a small chuckle at the comment. After all that she’d just told them, this was her initial reaction.

“Yeah, I lost my virginity to him when I was 17.” She replied with a smile.

“And we also did it on the sofa last night.” Eloise said, unable to resist giving them that piece of information.

“Ew, that’s so gross!” Hannah yelled jumping up of the sofa and brushing herself down.

“Oh, grow up Hannah, you know she did it with Joel on here as well, and we all sit on your sofa.” Sophie said taking hold of her arm and pulling her back down to sit on the sofa.

“So you’ve been lying to us the entire time you’ve known us.” Sophie said looking at Eloise with no emotion on her face.

“No, I haven’t lied.” Eloise yelled in her defence. “I just haven’t told you everything about my past. Please don’t be angry at me. You’ve got to understand that my life was, and still is, in danger. I couldn’t tell you the real truth about my past.” Eloise pleaded.

“Eloise, we’re not angry with you, are we Sophie?” Hannah began.

“We understand why you haven’t told us. It’s just a lot to take in. especially when you tell us that you know the guys from Avenged and that you dated Synyster Fucking Gates!” Hannah added with a smile which Eloise mirrored.

“So what’s happening with you two now? I mean with you and Syn?” Abi asked.

“Well, that’s kinda why I got you over here tonight.” Eloise began.

“I’m moving back to Huntington to be with him.”

“With who?” Hannah asked confused.

“With Brian, he’s asked me to move back with him and I’ve said yes. I love him so much, and it’s been hard being away from him for four years, I’ve got to give it a go with him.” she explained.

“So what? You’re just leaving? Just like that? For some guy” Abi exclaimed.

“Abi, please, I’m not just leaving and it’s not just some guy. It’s Brian, the guy I’ve been in love with for six years, been friends with since kindergarten. I love him and I want to be with him, I’ve been away from him for too long.”

“I’m sorry; I just don’t want to lose one of my best friends.” Abi apologised quietly with tears forming in her eyes.

“You’re not going to lose me, I’m going to be moving down the coast to Huntington Beach, where you can come and visit us whenever. Just think of the amount of time Brian’s going to be away on tour and I’ll need the company of my friends.” Eloise explained.

“Promise?” Sophie asked.

“Of course. There’s nothing stopping us continuing to be friends.”

“When will you be leaving?” Hannah asked solemnly.

“I’m not sure; I’ve obviously got some stuff to sort out first like the flat and, telling my parents, the store.” Eloise began.

“What will your parents say?” Hannah asked.

“My guess is that they won’t be happy. They’re going to be worried about my safety if I move back there, but they’ll just have to trust me and realise that it’s something I’ve got to do. But as for this place I’ve got to give a months’ notice on the lease so I’ve got about a month to sort things out and pack stuff up for the move.” Eloise explained.

“Well, we’ll help with the packing when you need us.” Sophie volunteered.

“Yeah, we’ll make a day of it, just us four girls, a bottle of wine, pizza and packing boxes.” Abi agreed.

“Thanks guys – for being so supportive, I wasn’t sure how you’d take the news.” Eloise smiled at her three friends grateful that they were happy with the decision that she’d made.

“Hey what are friends for?” Hannah stated. “Just be prepared for us visiting all the time and you better visit us too – bring Matt” she hinted.

“Honey I’m sorry Matt’s still with Val, the girl he’s been since 6th grade.” Eloise told her with an apologetic smile.

“Shit – ah well, Soph – do you know if any of the other roadies are single and gorgeous?” she replied and Sophie began to blush.

“Oh yes Sophie, what’s happening with you and Jason?” Eloise asked turning to face her friend with her arms crossed over her chest, a wide smirk across her face.

“Well, um, he’s got my number and told me that he would give me a call to arrange meeting up again sometime, go out properly.” She said blushing more with every word.

“Ah, I hope things work out with you and Jas, he’s a good guy – completely insane but a really good guy who’d do anything you asked him.” Eloise smiled which Sophie mirrored, appreciating her friends words.
♠ ♠ ♠
Urgh, It's only a crappy filler, but at least I updated! Maybe a few comments will get a better update out of me?!
I want to give a quick thank you to everyone who commented so far, I love you all and send you virtual cookies :)
Things will get better I promise :)