Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Fiesty...

Alex

Dang.

Shoot.

Oops?

"Fine, I'm obviously unwanted. Not like I wanted to be here. Bye." She snaps bitterly and shoving away from the chair, she starts off to the front door. At the back of my mind, I compliment her on being able to find her way straight to the front door.

"Nice going, brah." I turn to Rian who spoke.

"Oh, shove it," I mutter grouchily, and turn back to where she left. Should I go after her? I scratch the back of my head, wondering. Maybe... or maybe not. Leave her hanging. Wait, no, that's her. Right? Or.... this is too confusing.

"Should I...?" My eyes search everyone's, finally landing on her friend. She should know, right? Friends and all that jazz... Missy- seriously, though, what kind of name is that? I pray it's short for something or a nickname- nods imperceptibly to me. "Right, of course." I blink, nod.

Go, Alex! Go!

.... I'm still standing here.

"Alex!" She snaps.

Whoa, little girl has attitude.

"Right," I say hastily and head off.

My hands are sweaty so I wipe them on my jeans, seeing as she slams the front door shut. Sighing, I follow after, opening the door. She glances back and I pause, hoping she'll just stop.

.....Nope.

Actually, I think she's speeding up.

....Yeah. Yeah, she's walking faster.

"Dang, dang, dang," I mutter to myself and jump down the steps quickly, hurrying down the street. She probably doesn't even know to where to go. Not that it's a bad area- but it can get confusing. But then she did manage to find her way out of my house... still, that's just a house.

"Come on," I call her to. "Bails, please. Slow down?"

"Shut up!" She shouts, shaking her head. "Stop saying my name, too!"

I grin. "Bailey!" I shout, stopping. "Bailey, Bailey, Bailey!" She stops, hands in her fists. After shouting her name again, she whirls around, glaring hard at me. "Bailey, oh Bailey!" I sing loudly.

"You. Are. So. Infuriating!" She screams, stomping up to me. Then suddenly, her hand is up and she slaps me across the face.

Man, that girl can slap! I straighten after a second, rubbing my jaw as she keeps glaring at me. "Okay, maybe I deserved that," I admit. "But come on, I was just playing around."

"Who said I was?" She retorts.

I take a deep breath. "Come on, Bailey. I was kidding. And I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, okay? I'm sorry." As the words come out, I realize how I'm serious.... and I'm seriously apologizing. Even to anyone, that's kind of weird. When's the last time I actually apologized? I've always just laughed it off, but now...?

"Sorry never cuts it," she growls after a minute. "Sorry has never cut it. You know? Why don't you go back?" She tells me with a sigh. "Just go back to your friends already. I don't care. I don't need you guys. I'm fine on my own. Go back, have fun, have some laughs. I don't care if they're at me, even. I. Don't. Care."

"Should you?" It comes out before I can stop it.

Just in time, I see her hand coming up to slap me again. But I grab it before, and hold her wrist tightly. "Whoa, there. Okay, that was wrong, right. I get it. Sorry, okay? I won't do it again. But come on, you have no idea where you are. You might as well hang out with us for a while. And it's getting dark," I add as she keeps tugging to free herself.

"So?" She rolls her eyes. "We're on Blockbuster Avenue, you git. I'm not stupid, okay? And congrats, you just realized it gets dark. That, my friend, is called the night/."

I grin. "Great, you called me your friend. That's a start."

She scowls, still tugging to free herself. Which, I find, is very adorable. "There's no getting through to you, is there?" I smirk, shaking my head. "Fine, well try this. If you don't free my wrist, I will bite you."

"Fine," I roll my eyes.

"Thanks," she says sarcastically. "And good bye."

She whirls around and quickly starts walking again. I watch her as she starts fading away, just like the sun is... my hand comes up to my cheek. It's still throbbing.... I can't help wonder how she could send such a slap? All that power? Practice? Or what?

Then suddenly she's gone.

I curse. Stupid! I wasn't supposed to lose her! Groaning, I start jogging to where she was.

Still, at the back of my mind... fiesty. I like it. A lot.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
[url:http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll126/The_Dark_Side_Has_Cookies/Musicians/All%20Time%20Low/alex206.jpg]cute picture of alex on bed with doggy:[/url]