Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Feeling Guilt

Bailey

I stalk off, ditching that stupid idiot. That evil jerk. Stuck-up prick. Ugly git.

Well, he is kind of cute…

I fail at life. I angrily glare at the ground as I head off. Even though I’m not too sure where I’m going. I mean, I’d gotten lucky, knowing what street the jerk lives on- its what happens when you’re looking out the window, right? But from then on, I had no clue.

Rubbing my forehead, I’m starting to get a migraine from all this anger flooding through. I shake my head to myself, still unable this was such a small [and evil] world, that I’d ended up actually going to his house.

“Bailey!”

He’s really making me start to hate my name, that’s for sure. I don’t pause or hesitate, as I continue walking quickly- running would just be tacky. But if he’s really going to try and catch up, I should make him work for it at least a little.

I don’t even get why he’s still coming after me. Gah- I already said I don’t care. You can’t get any deeper in a conversation or anything when that happens. Everything just collapses, then. So he should have left. But he’s not. Why not??!

“Come on, Bailey, slow down.”

He’s just lazy. And stupid. And a jerk face. And dumb. Even worse, he won’t leave me alone. Erg.

“Bails!” He’s suddenly so much closer- had I heard him running?- and yanks on my arm. I nearly fall backwards, but I manage to keep my feet beneath me as I turn to face him rudely.

“That would be my arm,” I point out, seeing he’s still holding me.

“I know,” he smiles cheekily.

“So let go!”

He ignores the statement. “Come on, Bailey. Do you know where you’re even going?”

“Yes,” I jerk at my arm but he’s still got a tight hold on me. “Okay? I’m going to the mall.”

“Why?”

“It’s none of your beeswax!” I snap. “So let go and leave me alone!”

“But I like being around you,” he says innocently.

That statement suddenly throws me off. Sure I’d expected something goofy, but this? Especially with that… that innocent smile or- ugh. Anyways, he’s making it look like he’s being honest, that he really does… ha- no one likes being around me. Why would he? “Liar,” I narrow my eyes at him.

His eyes widen. “Nu-uh!” He shakes his head to himself after a second, clearing his thoughts. “Bailey, it’s dark. You’re lost. It’s not safe for you.”

I snort. “Like you’re a load of help? And no one is going to bother me.” I manage to yank my arm free. “So good night.”

“What about a car?” He calls after a minute. “Come on, come back to the house with me, and I’ll take you there myself.” My steps slow, listening [reluctantly] to what he’s saying. He notices, and talks some more. “You can get some food, too. Tell your friend what’s going on. You’ll get there faster. It would take forever on foot in the dark. Please? I’ll be nice,” He adds hopefully.

I stop, scowling and mulling it over. Scuffing my shoe, I think about it and weight my options:

Walk in the dark. Going who knows where. For who knows how long. I do have the ability to get lost sometimes… and I’d be alone.

Walk back to the house, get some food for free, then a ride over.

But then… I do prefer being alone. And him guaranteeing to be nice? That’s abnormal- like telling an alligator not to attack some fresh meat when it steps into the water. That, then, makes up my mind. Shaking my head, I call out behind me, “No tha-”

I’m cut off when Alex suddenly appears and throws me over his shoulder, chuckling to himself. My words turn into a shriek, catching on to what the heck just happened.

“Alex-freaking-whoever you are!” I slap my hand against his back. “Put me down this instant! Let go! You jerk!”

“When I get you home,” he says nonchalantly.

“Last I checked,” I tell him angrily. “I was saying no, not okay, whee!”I say in a high pitchy voice. “So put me down already! I don’t want to go back to your place! I don’t want to go back to the people, or the food, or your car- and definitely not you.”

“Well that hurts,” he pouts, still holding onto me tightly.

“It was meant to,” I spit and bang my fists against his back. “Come on! This is called kidnapping, you know! Let me go, already! I don’t want to go back! I hate you!”

“Well-” Alex cuts off and is quiet.

I wait for him to go on, but… he doesn’t. He’s silent as we keep walking to his house. I frown, confused. Why did he stop? What was he going to say? I mean, I just… well… I slump a little, giving up the fight with a sigh.

Then the thought comes to me, realizing what I said. It usually affects people, I suppose, but I never thought much of it. Often when I said it, I was laughed at… but now? I mean, I just don’t… or do I…? Swallowing, I start trying to figure things out.

Evidently, I just hurt him by saying that. Which would mean… he cares about my opinion. Which is weird in itself, but there we have it, lying on the table. Then suddenly a feeling sinks into my stomach and I can’t believe it’s there- it’s guilt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry. It wasn't that funny, I suppose.... well, sort of. Then kind of serious, I suppose.
But we saw some other feelings! In Bailey, you know. Besides anger and all that. So she's human. Heh....