Just Hate Me and We'll End It Here

Search My Pockets

Bailey

I reluctantly follow him and soon find myself in the car, riding- hopefully- to my home. But he turns down the music and the traffic must be bad, cause it feels like its taking forever. And he was right- I am tired. When my eyes close, leaning against the seat, they stay closed as I fall asleep.

The high laughter comes again, sending a ice cold shiver down my spine. “Say something, kid. Scream! Cry! Shout! LOOK!” My neck is grabbed as I take cover in the corner, and I’m pulled up to stand.

“No,” my bottom lip trembles fearfully, tears already trickling down. “Please! Put him down! Please!”

More laughter as I shudder. “Look at him, kid! And that’s going to happen to you, too! Excited?”

“No!” I shout, wrapping my arms around myself. “No, no, no! Put him down! Let him go! He’s dying, please!”

The laughter runs cold. “Kid, he’s already gone. He’s dead. Just like you’re dead meat.”

My heart thumps as my breath catches. The light is dim, but I can still see. Not the man as well as I could, but I don’t want to. I never want to. The room is filling with the horrible smell of death. There isn’t even any blood…

The moon shines through the window, providing the only light in the bedroom. Of this musty motel room he’s dragged us to. I don’t even understand why. Why this man came for us. We were doing just fine… but it didn’t stop him from claiming us, dragging us here.

To our death. I let out a whimper, seeing my little brother hanging from the fan…


“No!” I bolt up in the dark from wrestling with my sheets. Cold sweat trickles down my face as a breeze crosses my back. I gasp a breath, not caring that my bedroom door is open, that someone’s there.

Missy?

My blood pulses like crazy as I try to catch my breath again, tears spilling over. “No, please,” I say weakly.

The dark figure comes closer and wraps their arms around me, shushing me that it’ll be okay. My breath still comes in shuddering gasps and my hands tear through my hair, as if it’s my last link to reality.

“It was so horrible,” I whimper, rocking back and forth, grabbing onto her shirt. “I just- I can’t… such bad times.”

“It’s going to be okay, sleep…”

I shake my head quickly. “No! No, please… I don’t want to remember,” I choke and the tears start again. “I want it to go away so badly. I miss him so much! He didn’t deserve it, he didn’t do anything wrong. He- I- I should’ve, I could’ve…”

Minutes trickle by as I sob uncontrollably, as though it’s finally coming out. I remember those times. I hadn’t understood so much- it was just… so confusing. Misunderstood. Terrifying. I had been so helpless, not knowing what to do, or anything. I was so alone.

Finally, I’m left feeling exhausted. We’re still lying there in the quiet. I take a few deep breaths, huddling under the covers as though it’s protection, safety. After a few minutes, I fall asleep again.

Talk about embarrassing. When I wake up, Missy’s left though. Well, that’s good- I’ve never really been able to talk about… stuff. I don’t know. I mean, just… anything personal. Feelings, and my past- all that crap. The only way I ever actually told her was when I was partially drunk and I spat it out angrily. She nodded and let it alone.

I wanted to thank her for being there, but- okay. I admit it. I’m a little proud, and it hurt my ego that not only did I emotionally collapse after the bad nightmare/memory, but also that I needed someone there to hold on to.

After all, since he died, I’ve never had anyone to hold on to. And he was so young, it’s not like I could really lean on him- he was the one to lean on me. I was the older sister, watching over him. I had to protect him, and that’s why I’d done. Thoughts and feelings of mine were pushed aside to watch over him.

Numbly, I stumble into the shower, keeping the water cold in hopes that it’ll wake me up. Done with that, I let my hair dry naturally for once- mostly because I just don’t care right now. Walking into my room, I find some black skinny jeans to wear, then it’s a dark purple long-sleeved shirt covered in black and gray skulls. Gray converse shoes match, including a gray track jacket with purple stripes. I manage some simple make up and walk out.

“Doing okay?” Missy cocks her head at me from the table.

I open my mouth, to say something about last night. But then I shrug, and am unable to get out the right words. “Fine.” Then I realize…

I fell friggin’ asleep in Alex’s car!

Missy laughs at my bugged out eyes. “Nice ride home?” She smiles innocently. I glare at her, grabbing some wheat bread. “Alex sure was nice, driving you around. Though he couldn’t find the keys, so he called me to come over.”

He couldn’t find the keys?

….

He searched my pockets?!

“I hate that git,” I glower, killing my bread with butter.

“Awww…” she cooes. “You have a crush.”

I turn around, raising my eyebrow. “Sorry, and where have you been?” She shrugs, still grinning. I take a deep breath, trying to stay at least a little calm around. “So, Zack’s coming over,” she smiles at me.

I pause. “Why?”

“To help me move in, silly. Like I’d lug the boxes everywhere, I don’t think so!” She giggles. “After all, today I have to have everything out, and your couch really isn’t that comfortable. So could you move your extra stuff out of the room? Pretty please?” She adds hopefully.

Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath. “Yeah, fine.” I hurriedly grab my keys, phone, and wallet. “Kay, I’m headed to work, Missy. Later.”

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
:D READ::::

Rule, my 58 readers!!!

I'm getting busy with school and trying to cut down on my addiction here, but no worries, there is no way I'm stopping this story, okay? BUT I do really need to know people are reading this and everything, okay?

So, once I get three comments, I'll post a new chapter. That's how it's going to go. Don't mean to be rude, but... well, yeah. Okies? luvs!